Sign in to follow this  
Ms DD

Man marries 3 women in one go

Ms DD   

TAIF, 15 February 2007 — Who says all women abhor polygamous marriages? According to a report yesterday in Al-Madinah newspaper, a woman placed a condition on the man who asked for her hand in marriage: That he also marries her two colleagues at the school where she teaches. The man actually had to think about this very carefully: Marrying three women in one go is much harder than it sounds, if one thinks about it. The man accepted the proposal, but said only after he was encouraged by his friends and colleagues, some of whom considered it a golden opportunity. The three women have rented apartments in the same building, and have said that the man must share his time and resources equally with all of them. Good luck.

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=1&section=0&article=92218&d=15&m=2&y=2007&pix=kingdom.jpg&category=Kingdom

Blessed   

Lol... reminds me of a masri film that I've watched some time a go. Boy.. He's going to have a tough time.

Ilahay ha u barakeeyo!

I would be very suspicious of them if I was that man...

Hard to be suspicious as guy when you have the prospect of sleeping with diffirent woman every night or maybe three on the same nite. :cool:

Ms DD   

I have this crazy idea: Maybe just may be, the lady felt sorry for her sisters and took pity on them by sharing her husband. It is the ultimate sacrifice.

Che: More reason to be suspicious, I think. Such prospects don't come so easily unless they are covering up something seriously troublesome.

Originally posted by Cambarro:

I have this crazy idea: Maybe just may be, the lady felt sorry for her sisters and took pity on them by sharing her husband. It is the ultimate sacrifice.

Nah. Let's stick to the suspicious motives.

Originally posted by Valenteenah:

Che
: More reason to be suspicious, I think. Such prospects don't come so easily unless they are covering up something seriously troublesome.

Her gesture might have some undercurrent issues, but for man, the moment hears the posssiblity of having three women, everything else will matter less atleast for the time being.

Besides, He always has the option of divorcing the other two.

NGONGE   

^^^ There is a Saudi satirical serious that has been broadcast around the Arab world for at least the past ten years that deals with something similar.

In one episode it lampoons the situation of single Saudi women and their inability to drive cars! At the same time, they also show the plight of two guys who are looking for work but can not work as drivers for these ladies, because, they (the guys) are not married. Anyway, the two guys decide to cheat. One of them wears women’s clothes and puts on a veil whilst the other pretends to be the driver. They find work as drivers to four single female teachers. Things go well for a week or two until, one day, they have a slight accident and in the melee that ensues it’s discovered that the man pretending to be the wife was not a woman at all!

Of course, like all Arab stories there is a happy ending. The boys need an income and the women need a mahram (if it were in English, I daresay this would be the rhyming title). Each man marries two women and they live henpecked-ly ever after. :D

The moral of the story was to show how some Saudi (single) female teachers are required to relocate into different towns/cities and the kinds of problems this causes them in the ultra conservative Saudi society.