Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

London Underground Explosions

N.O.R.F   

just shocking when you witness it! :eek:

there were sirens as soon i arrived at work at 8.20am, i'm on the 6th floor looking directly along Euston Road (A40) towards kings cross. They shut the road off, i thought there was a rraffic incident, then more and more fire/police and ambulances carried on arriving, then we got suspicious, bbc news said explosion at liverpool/algate, then we hear the bus exploded about 100m down the road towards russell sq. Then more reports of bombs and explosions. I'm shocked!

have to walk home, in the rain all the way to north london

Glad everyone is okai!!, Thank god i don't need the tube to go to work , just heard on news some Al-Qaeda affiliates issued a statment claiming responsibilty , god have mercy on us we left war to come here and get stuck in middle of another bloody

war..!!

good luck to you north; imgine i have to walk all the way from oxford street to hackeny; miskina me; at least they are letting us out early;

glad your all okay;

maca slamah

Sky   

Glad yall are OK here, cuz we all know us black people always die first. Hollywood movies or real life we are always victims. Anyway, do you guys think this will have an effect on the momentum on the Make History Poverty campaign? Think not, but who knows.

Notherner, thank you for advertising my website. icon_razz.gif

yeah, its pretty frightening. I never thought this would happen to London. Ever.

1312691.jpg

DEATHS IN TERROR ATTACKS

A number of people have been killed and dozens injured in a large-scale terrorist attack on London.

At least six bomb blasts have been reported in locations across the city on buses and Tube stations.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said there was evidence of explosives at at least one of the six sites.

Scotland Yard has denied reports they were warned of an attack by Israel minutes before the blasts.

Two people have been confirmed dead and at least 90 people injured in the explosion at Aldgate Station.

Prime Minister Tony Blair is returning to London from the G8 Summit in Scotland.

He said: "It's particularly barbaric that these attacks are designed to coincide with the G8 summit.

"It's important however that those engaged in terrorism realise that our determination to defend our values and way of life is greater than their determination to cause death and destruction to innocent people."

Sky News

Nom Prin,

Thanks, they are both fine Alhamdulilaah.

Only thing is one is stranded in Wimbledon, the other in Stratford and I am stuck in Wembley.

We've all been told we can go home...but...there's no where to go and no way to get there. Yikes.

On a side note, did anyone else notice how similar Tony Blair's speech sounded to something Bush would say? 'terrorists', 'extremists', 'civilised countries', 'to defend our values and way of life'...etc?

Some of my co-workers reckon the blasts had less to do with the G8 (if that was the case, the blasts would have gone off yesterday) and more to do with London winning the Olympic bid...they theorise that something like this was prolly in place in Paris too, and may have gone off if they had won it.

Hmmm...maybe Paris should have gotten it.

Not sure about the campaign at this point. But if your asking about what will happen with the G8 summit Blair is leaving so depends on what approach is taken by the rest of the delegates. Blair looked shattered did he not.

Wonder how Geldof is taking the news?...Was really hoping that muslims werent involved but now that there are all these reports..cant help but feel even more disheartened.

pray people pray

All the london nomads, let us know you're all safe and sound

ilahey haa noo gargaaro, this is exactly what we did not needed

Olympics? WHY?

And incase no1 has noticed, the blasts went off in ethnic minority concentrated areas. Seems very puzzling. :confused:

London is such a beautiful cosmopolitan city with a huge muslim populace. I simply dont understand. :(

This is very disheartening.

yeah i agree; it is the asian area (algate) the arabs (edgeware) and the foreigners in other central aresa; seems strange; i don't know what to make off it;

Sky   

Originally posted by Jazmine:

yeah i agree; it is the asian area (algate) the arabs (edgeware) and the foreigners in other central aresa; seems strange; i don't know what to make off it;

Im telling you the White Neo Nazis are behind it! Anybody seen Irish skinheads with big black bootstraps walking around ... supposedly just chillin?

Originally posted by Athena:

This is too shameful.
:(

I agree with the above and Condemn this bombing whoever might have carried it.

I couldnt have put it better than the PM did when he gave his statmen to the bombing.

"It is important that those engaged in terrorism realise that our determination to defend our values and our way of life is greater than their determination to cause death and destruction to innocent people in a desire to impose extremism on the world. Whatever they do, it is our determination that they will never succeed in destroying what we hold dear in this country and in other civilised nations throughout the world."

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims of this horrible bombing.

Rahima   

Interesting observation Jazemin.

Whilst this is an incident to be frowned upon, i'm more concerned about the consequences and what it will mean for the Muslims of Britain.

Originally posted by Zephyrine:

On a side note, did anyone else notice how similar Tony Blair's speech sounded to something Bush would say? 'terrorists', 'extremists', 'civilised countries', 'to defend our values and way of life'...etc?

[/QB]

Yeah noticed that as well. Generally good but those kind of statements are annoying in their ambiguity. But what else could he say? Its the sorta thing the public needs to hear I suppose. Ironically though the first victims of these kinds of attacks (not talking about physical injuries) are muslims..

P.S Zeph good to hear the news...sorry to hear your stranded but i guess safety is more important.

Alhamdulilah this wasnt of the same scale as other attacks( Bali, Madrid, NYC)

Sky   

Originally posted by Rahima:

^Interesting observation.

Whilst this is an incident to be frowned upon, i'm more concerned about the consequences and what it will mean for the Muslims of Britain.

Hope not, he would be seriously contradicting himself if that will be the case, which I thoroughly dismiss.

Whatever they do, it is our determination that they will never succeed in destroying what we hold dear in this country and in other civilised nations throughout the world