Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

London Underground Explosions

Blessed   

^^WE bother because an act of sheer cowardice and evil has been committed against innocent civilians. We bother because it is UNJUST!

How dare you (Ofleh, Adnaan and CO) question the actions of Bush and Blair whilst justifying that of terrorists?

That was scarry, I'm glad most of ya'll are okay and hope your families are also.

My dad was on the Piccadilly Line en route west London this morning. We couldn't get through because he's mobile was offline – Alhamdulilah, He's fine- must have got on an earlier train. He’s still stuck in West London, but at least he’s alive. Alhamdulilah.

Walaahi, this is a reminder of our temporary existence, the euphoria of yesterday had everybody speak of how things will be in 2012, where they will be etc…. And this happens…

Inaa Lilah!

Castro   

If, however, you prefer to throw girly insults, I’ll be more than happy to tweak your pigtails.

Sorry, didn't know you were a dude!

Ofleh reaches for the beer nuts wondering what on earth he's gotten himself into

ADNAAN   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

War and the blowing up of commuter trains, buses and taxis cannot be compared in anyway, shape or form.

Man that is a strange statement. Did you expect these muslim terrorists (everyone who kills civilians is a terrorist) to bombard London with tome hawk missiles or mobilise entire armies and some of the latest fighting jets!!? Which, they obviously don’t own.

In times like this, there is an adage that comes to mind "People who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones†let alone missiles.

Pucca   

glad all you londoners are safe, thank god for that; i pray that allah get you all home safe *ameen*. america was hit, then london...hmmm who's next?? canada? toronto maybe? *gets worried*

Kashafa   

Ngonge,(how do you pronounce that by the way ? Joonji ?)

Easy with the temper akh, you don't have to tweak ofleh's pigtails or even braid my beard. Let's just talk.

In your logic, illegal wars fought between armies that result in massive death and destruction to a unarmed civillian populace is OK(Iraq/Afghanistan). I disagree with this point.

Reckless acts perpetrated by half-witted Mullahs(your words) is NOT OK. I agree with this one.

For the record, I condemn the London bombings because civillians were attacked. An attack on, say Navy ship, HMS Phillip the Turd(spelling mistake) , for example, would be a whole differnt story.

As the old adage goes: "One man's Freedom's Fighter is anothers Terrorist" and vice-versa

NGONGE   

^^^ The disparaging adage makes no sense, saaxib.

I’m afraid I also don’t understand the rest of your statement.

It’s quite simple really. Wars are fought between armies, countries and people. The rules of war are known, followed and (mostly) respected.

Now pay attention: wars take place between two sides. One side threatens another and promises to blow it of the face of it the earth if it does not comply with the first side’s conditions. The second side resists and FIGHTS back. There are rules of combat, international laws (which many here would cite should America decide to invade Syria or Iran tomorrow) and accepted conventions. All sides know where they stand. Soldiers know what they have to do and civilians know what to expect. Practical justifications for such wars are obvious. Moral justifications can be argued either way.

Terrorist attacks are not wars. They’re cowardly actions by self-appointed Mullahs. They follow no rules, have no conventions and are understood by no one! They have no justification at all (not even desperation; for desperation implies sudden rash actions and not long planned and cold blooded murder).

One can condemn both types. One can support (if one wishes) both parts. Though it’s hard to see how could one justify the second style of “warâ€.

There is not reason to compare the two.

ADNAAN   

Originally posted by Blessed:

How dare you (Ofleh, Adnaan and CO) question the actions of Bush and Blair whilst justifying that of terrorists?

Sister, what made you think i have justified anything? :(

Are you saying we can’t question the invasion of iraq and Afghanistan :confused: ? I doubt if that is what you meant. As you know every one is free to express him self.

Lastly I dare you to quote me justifying terrorist acts!!

Saalixa   

Nongne

You forgot the 1993 invasion in somalia by the American army and Abu Gharib Jail incident where photos were taken of abused and beaten prisoners and many more...they were all justified.

But i cannot help but weep for the inocent civilians that have lost there lives this morning. They might have been your mother, sister, father, or brother and you hear they are killed or even worse run to pick up their blown up parts of thier bodies lieing all over the area of the incident. Yaa rabi that is like the biggest Naxdin! i will be like living and in the same time mad like some cannibal pick up meat.

I pray for all those who have lost thier lives..all those that were injured and were left with severe injuries for the rest of thier lives...those who have to see and experience it with them...all those who have lost hope or have gone mad with fright.If only those that have died have faith in Alaah then all is well. They had no time to make shahada so they are regarded as shaheedon.

Waa Aduunyo oo macsidu intay kaa maqantahay Qayrkaa ayaabey kuu maqantahay. Marna waa farxad marna waa murugo. Ilaahayoo hoostada iyo hadhkaga nagu qari oo naa xafid yaa rabi awwod iyo itaal ilhay baa iska leh.

I think most of the nomads in the US are a bit emotional today – there’s a mixture of anger, and guilt amongst Muslim Londoners today. There seems to be a frustration for Muslims in the west. At one hand we have to deal with immediate destructions from our own brothers – who again can’t differentiate us from the crowds – and hurt other Muslims for their political cause. The Maoist-style tactics employed by Islamist political freedom fighters are what we are worried about the most, than policy in itself – with policy at least we get to live – however, governmental policy and guerilla warfare are exclusively linked. And clearly many Muslims in the west are targets of terrorists attacks from both ends – from Islamists and from Christian Fundamentalists, so we can’t help it to be confused.

Ngonge

I do have a problem when lethal weapons are used in socially inept underdeveloped nations to validate hidden economic exploitation masked by the good cause intentions of humanitarian intervention – than I have a problem with that. However, I think if we have nations that are unable to develop and advance through by any means of governance than some invasions may seem logical among Muslims. Organized revolutions in places such as Lebanon, Ukraine and Ethiopia are somewhat permitted to be a non-lethal ‘invasion’ – this might be somewhat acceptable becuz no lives are lost.

Nonetheless, I do pray for the nomads in the UK, I recently seen a documentary on the BBC called ‘young, proud, and Nazi’ – these neo-Nazi’s are using politics to entice and promote hate within the UK. I forget the party’s name – but people have voted for them. There was a clip where they were swearing and chanting hate slogans in front of a mosque while Muslims were praying.

I can only imagine the fall out - who will be targeted, will policy be introduced.

bilan   

i am glad everyone is ok,but what i am worried is how is it going to affect muslims in UK, and western world in general,nothing worse than the backlash,those of you who wear hijab be extra careful everyone will look at you like potential enemy,already in US there are extra security, life was getting better for muslims here and they had to go and do this :mad: , i hope whoever that sick individuals are,they're not muslims. i do not know how anyone can justify killing innocent people in the name of islam.

Jumatatu   

War and the blowing up of commuter trains, buses and taxis cannot be compared in anyway, shape or form.

Try telling that to the innocent victims in Faluja, Baghdad, Basra, Kabul, etc...

Though I do not at all condone the acts in London today or anywhere else in the World. I however put it in a the same category as those 'awe' bombs in Iraq. Cause its victims same as those in London were innocent and carrying out their daily lives. You mention warning sxb..I wonder how that will change the form of the atrocity. Will the thief who warns that he will steal your goods more different than the one who doesnt?

Ngonge:

I’m being generous to the murdering oafs

I wonder whether you meant this the suicide terrorist or the Internationally Legalised terrorist soldiers of GB and USA in Iraq. I hope you meant the latter , or to be more fair both.

N.O.R.F   

Alxamdullilah, fially made it home, a long walk, 3 bus rides and an altercation with 2 Greek/turkish/iranian! :rolleyes:

KIngs Cross is a major artery with more than 6 underground lines and major rail networks passing through or ending there. I go through Kings Cross everyday on the Victoria line, i consider myself lucky to be alive.

But then we have ppl on here justifying the actions of cowards who kill innocents :rolleyes: . I bet you wouldnt say that iif this actualy affected any of your families? Its ok sitting at home and typing into a PC things you have been told is a justification to what is going on elsewhere. We all know/acknowledge/oppose the actions of Bush/Blair/Berloskoni/Putin and many others throughout the world. This doesnt mean inocents should be killed in such a way :mad:

Shedaanka ikanara, there is a good chance that muslims may be among the dead (Kings Cross/Edware Road/Russell Sq/Algate), illahey ha-unaxaristo, ameen.

ADNAAN   

Now pay attention: wars take place between two sides. One side threatens another and promises to blow it of the face of it the earth if it does not comply with the first side’s conditions. The second side resists and FIGHTS back. There are rules of combat, international laws (which many here would cite should America decide to invade Syria or Iran tomorrow) and accepted conventions. All sides know where they stand. Soldiers know what they have to do and civilians know what to expect. Practical justifications for such wars are obvious. Moral justifications can be argued either way.

Terrorist attacks are not wars. They’re cowardly actions by self-appointed Mullahs. They follow no rules, have no conventions and are understood by no one! They have no justification at all (not even desperation; for desperation implies sudden rash actions and not long planned and cold blooded murder).

One can condemn both types. One can support (if one wishes) both parts. Though it’s hard to see how could one justify the second style of “warâ€.

There is not reason to compare the two.

International rules kulahaa!!

Ninyow Your whole argument is pathetic and irrelevant!! You are talking about international rules and some BSH regulation, to me and to many people out there (muslims and none muslims), who aren’t deluded like you, they are not worth the piece of paper they are written on.

If these rules are so sacred, how come did the USA and the U.K invade iraq unilaterally while it’s deemed illegal by Kofi Annan and the rest of the international community?

I think it’s useful to stress that I wholeheartedly condemn all types of terrorism. :rolleyes:

Kashafa   

Ngonge's War 101 is really appealing. It's nice, neat, and concise. At the risk of over-simplication, it goes likes this: Two well-dressed , well-equipped armies who follow the "rules of war"(Abu Graib/My Lai./Sand Creek/Wounded Knee..list goes on) go into combat, after putting up a brave fight, the vanquished side surrenders, and to the victor goes the spoils. We are civillised. Civillised people surrender and do not continue fighting after all hope is lost.

Unfortunately, We live on the Earth. History has countless examples of men who fought to the death for what they held dear. Sayyid Maxamed Abdullah Hasan, William Wallace, Omar Muktar, Fidel Castro(he still lives) etc were not fighting wars. They were engaging in gurreila warfare(terrorism in your book). They didn't have a copy of the Geneva Conventions handy.

War is hell, friend. Don't simplify it.

Haddad   

To argue that one understands the “desperation†of the suicide bombers but would rate them as marginally less wicked than an invading army is repugnantly offensive. There is no desperation here.

Actually, there's a desperation here. If the West ceases arms/weapons embargoes against Islamists and unfreezes their assets, there wouldn't be a desperation here. No one can squeeze outbursts, no matter what methods are employed. For each action, there will always be a reaction, no matter how long it would take or how technologically advanced the action is. Besides, it's absurd to insinuate reaction has to adhere to the rules of reaction prescribed by action.

As SoMa_InC pointed out, Everyone knew this was going to happen, it was a matter of when, so it shouldn't surprise or shock someone.