Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

London Underground Explosions

Curly   

:( I’m still in shock…from what first seemed to be nothing but some signal failures, turning out to be the most horrific thing I've seen or experienced.

Why would any god fearing person carry out such disgusting acts! What on earth are they trying to prove? Walahi the whole thing sickens me to the core. If this is the doing of so called Muslims then may god have mercy on their pathetic souls!

Alhamduiallah everyone I know is well and safe, but while all those sirens are going on I doubt this will be the end of it. In fact I’ve just heard that two suicide bombers were shot down in somewhere in Tower Hamlets. This is FAR too close to home for me; I can’t even get rid of this sickening anxiousness of what has happened and what’s yet to come. My office is closed for the day and right now tomorrow looks so far way.

People are already drumming out all their conspiracy theories of why this happened. From Muslim extremist, fascists aiming at Muslim populations to Olympic runner ups retaliating (My mum’s idea smile.gif )

I guess things aren’t going to go back to normal ever, legislations will be pushed, ID cards introduced, the pound will plummet and as for the unsuspecting us the UK’s Muslim community I’m sure we’ll bare the brunt of it all.

People will look for scapegoats without a doubt.

Originally posted by ofleh:

quote:The killing of innocent people cant be justified at all.

It is justified everyday on the BBC, CNN and every other western medium in the name of freedom and democracy.

I do watch the media outlets you mentioned on daily basis and I haven’t come across them justifying violence in any name. Unless you can tell me specifics, where and when they have done so.

And I've never seen you get all hot and bothered to condemn their daily bombings.

I condemn all bombing wherever they do take place around the world but you are right I dont come here on daily basis and condemn them all. I have and will condemn this in the strongest possible way I can cause is closer to home and it effect me and those I love. What is more, I have to show my condemnation to the community I live with, whatever grievances I might have with the British Foreign policy.

I reject violence in its entirety and reject it whoever commits it. I never supported the Iraq war and nor do I support the violence that is taking place in there today. Today I agree with Mr Blair in what he said, even though I do disagree with him on certain issues.

I too am worried about the consequences of this for Muslims in the UK. First, what the Muslim community have to show is their condemnation for this attack and deal with the rest later.

lol   

Salaam All...

I hope u r all well! Told u folks.. get out of London urtooy u refused... ha idinka saarto!

Rahima and Sue,

I completely agree. The consequences are going to be very serious for the Muslim community. I dread to think how serious.

Already, the 'us' and 'them' rhetoric has started in my office. :(

Sky,

Paddington itself is fine. The blasts were inside the tube and stations (except for the bus blast, which happened in Tavistock Square).

Paragon   

There are already reports that Muslim males are getting arrested in some London areas, while some muslism women wearing xijaab have been targeted. I am not absolutely certain about this report, but I advice London nomads to be extra-vigilant and take a great deal of care. Avoid crowds off all kinds and make sure to not go out unless it is absolutetly necessary.

Stay safe

Curly   

Oh my god, I'm stuck in the house, they've closed off my road...I think there is a package on my road on one of the buses.

because there's a bus station on my road...All the buses have been stopped and there are police out on my road.

Castro   

I reject violence in its entirety and reject it whoever commits it. I never supported the Iraq war and nor do I support the violence that is taking place in there today.

That's cool. For some reason I mistook you for a Fox News Channel type person. On the other hand, people like us are caught between a rock and a very hard place. You're either with us or you're with the terrorists we're told. While I despise the acts of these human missiles, I find them marginally less despicable than those who, say, attack a sovereign nation for oil or diamonds or what have you. My thinking goes along the lines that the former is acting out of desperation and the latter out of greed.

Nonetheless, it is true the the british public was squarely against the invasion of Iraq. It is also true that such acts as in London this morning never reflect positively on muslims wherever they are. Even if they're not involved.

It is really difficult to justify violence. But we're slowly learning in the west that our lives are more valuable than theirs and that is very dangerous.

Off to work now.

Hope You are ALL alright.

Zeph & Athena; I was so Worried about the two of you.

Now if i could ONLY get hold of 2 of my cuzins!![No One Knows Where they are]

Jumatatu   

I pray that all Nomads are fine...am Ok and cant get back Home. I came into to work, Victoria, early this morning and now am walking in the streets wandering around.

Afro, thanks luv. smile.gif

A colleague is giving me a lift home. So I'm sorted. Now gotta figure out how to get my mum home as she is stuck in some hospital.

Zeph and the rest..please be safe. Hope you all reach home well.

Rahima   

I do watch the media outlets you mentioned on daily basis and I haven’t come across them justifying violence in any name. Unless you can tell me specifics, where and when they have done so.

The invasions on Afghanistan and Iraq were justified (not necessarily by the people in general, but by the media and definitely the “world†leaders). Is this then not a form of justifying violence?

Already, the 'us' and 'them' rhetoric has started in my office.

Zeph, that is how it starts, little by little, first such rhetoric, next snickers every time you enter the room (although you have nothing to do with it), after that pulling off xijaabs, bashings, discrimination…and it goes on. These are the consequences which I fear for the Muslims.

May Allah protect the Muslims!

Kruella   

Woke up with this horrid news and it's probably old news by now for London folks. I'm going to try to get through my family. Hope everyone is doing well. This is the age of fitna, with or without Al Qaeda, it's not going to get easier.

Salamz