Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

The First Somali Female Archaeologist

Juxa   

Bal yara aayara! oo gabadha maasha allah dhaha, si eysan beritoole iyadoo wada barbararan uga soo toosin hurdada.

That aside, this is remarkable young lady, very accomplished indeed.

Her beauty is just xoogaa suubis ah, besides most ladies i know wear fitted shirts, t-shirts, tops, etc (albeit under the cabayah or Hijab) marka lets concentrate yes, anywhere below the chest cavity :D

peasant   

Naaso hablood, Iskushaban, Dhuusa mareeb and Buuryaqab these are funny names that crack me the most when ever i hear em wallahi.. smile.gif

who is from dhuusa mareeb here? just curious. I still dont understand why such awful name is chosen for a city.

me   

Dauud did the right thing by not posting that pic.

Badacase in ay soo saarayso waan iska garanayay smile.gif

ps. I have been informed by SOL nomads that she is a SOL member.

STOIC   

^^If good taste will permit,when I clicked on the link I was hit with a force like a cyclone.I suddenly felt the need to gaze fixedly on her picture :D

Timahaa iigu daran. Alla muxuu xijaabku qurux leeyahay. She would have been the most beautiful hadeey si appropriate ah u labisan lahayd.

Girls ha igu kicina am happy for the sister and i hope all goes well for her but see how menn think. They always THINK WITH THEIR BELT! qaraslee ha isku dilina. aqrud aa la idin yiri.

Aaliyyah   

^ I do agree that hijab makes you look decent and beautiful. And, nothing can beat that.

But, lets be proud of this sister. As for her clothing it is something between her and Allah swt.

chubacka   

Well said A, but I hope she took a hijab with her to wear in Somaliland, she really won't be able to walk around like dat anywhere.

Ibtisam   

^^^Not true, some walk around in worse things, she will just attract too much attention in Burco. In places like Hargisa it is a normal sight in the summer.

A little maro will not make men blind all of sudden ya AAliyah and Uma, perverts will always be perverts! As Hijab's you should know that, some times I think they have X-ray vision, you can cover head to toe, but any guy you run into now and then can describe you to the T, and possible even tell you what size's you wear.

Congrats to the lady. Good luck to here. She looks like someone I run into all the time though.

The guys, focus you deprived ******************* :D

oo ghabadha dharkeeda iyo madaxeeda maxaa idinka galay! .. let me guess - your lives are so perfect that the need to share your found wisdom and insight is bursting through uncontrollably .. walee soomaalidu waa wax yaableh

I have been to Hargeisa in 2003 and 2004 and i never saw anything like that. girls dress like that only when they go to wedings.

May be i didnt go to those specific places ghanima ;)

chubacka   

I dnt see a single lady in Burco without hijab. She will prob adopt the dress code of whereever she goes.

Anyway good luck to the girl and I hope she meets a fine faraax out there. ;)