Sign in to follow this  
- Femme -

Your First Job Experience

NGONGE   

Ah! Nostalgia!

My first ever job was a volunteer worker

here. I worked with them between the ages of 15 to 18.

This was my best ever experience and so far, nothing in life has topped it. On my last month with them, I had, along with two other volunteers, to accompany a group of 30 disabled children to Cumra. I’m yet to meet a person who did more ‘tawaaf’ than I did back then( had to look after ten kids). We spent the first twenty days of Ramadan there, and were only forced to go back home for the last ten days because some of the children started to miss their parents.

My second job was in Soho (England). I was a controller for a dodgy cab office on weekends. I got to know half of the prostitutes in that area (shush you sniggering Mullahs at the back, the customer is always right). I also got to know most of the drug dealers, drag queens and police officers. I quit when my Nigerian boss got greedy and asked me to wait outside theatres and tout for business.

** Does a Radio Raheem soliloquy ** :D

I was a priviledged proletariat. Ah, pride was my vocation; philosophy, my employee. Though in all frankness, matters are different now than then.

P.S. Two useless posts in one day, Maa calaynaa!

^Before you know it....you'll be addicted. Just wait. :D

LOL@ Lazie,

Why didn't I know you then, girl? Exciting & scandalous. Just the way I like it. Why did you quit? icon_razz.gif

Ngonge,

Its a good thing you quit don't you think? Otherwise, it would've been such a blow to your ego...when you found no one willing to.... ;)

Viking   

STOIC,

:D No6? No way!

It was just a part-time thing for a friend whose family owned mathrees. I had the 'machine' or collected ganji, quite profitable.

Castro   

Originally posted by Nazra:

My first job was at a big supermarket, as a check out chick. Aged:16

Top that i say.
icon_razz.gif

Wow. That is hard to top. Which is more difficult? Being sixteen? Being a checkout chick? Or being a checkout chick at sixteen? The first one is very difficult to achieve. Most people never even fathom achieving the second one. And it is statistically impossible to combine the two at the same time. Nazra, you're right. No one can top that. I'm surprised I hadn't read about this monumental achievement in the New York Times.

Castro   

I was not a checkout dude at 16. My first paid job was cleaning and vaccuming an office building. I learned right then and there that gringos had all the money and negros did all the real work.

Pucca   

i quit my first job four days after i started; the manager had the nerve to tell me "clean up the kitchen" :rolleyes: "i quit! shoot, my mother doesn't make me do that at home" was my response. i had a bit of an attitude and was a tad bit conceited. it was a phase smile.gif

My first job was waitress/glass collector.It was terribly exhausting but my co-workers were nice and friendly. It was great fun until after few weeks my manager who was a white chick decided to make my life a little less easy. She was mean ans verbually abusive with us.

I lost weight and decided to quit, I've done a lot of ****** jobs (fast food, factories)but most of them were cool.

It was a great time definitely redface.gif

Salaam,

Coming to Uk with a little english and high expectation my first job was Mcdonalds, flipping the burgers so fast they sent me to Hamburger University in fenchlay,London, for 3 days training and become floor manager, But quit after a year with the best refernce and a fashionable suit from Mark & Spenser, then I became a Baker, then a Postman waking up 3am and start working 5am, finishing job at 11:30. what a life!!! :D

Rahima   

My first paid employment was at the age of 18 as one of those annoying telemarketers icon_razz.gif . Fortunately though it was for a charity and I was able to make bucket loads of money (the commission was marvelous). It was short lived; the working hours were not good for my studies so I quite. Till today I miss that job- easy money!

well let's see

My first job was at the age of 16 in the late eighties.How i got this job is another story

You see i was living in the same house i was brought in located in the sunny and beautiful city of Mombasa.Growing up was great,i had a good Dad and Excellent mom and plenty of friends and support.Unfortunately my hormones at that age lead me to go astray and i started smoking cigarretes and i even occasionaly tried hash.Well my father being the strict one found out about my escapedes and espcially found out that i was spending all my free time clubbing.He warned me several times but to no avail.Finally

he kicked me out!!!.I could not believe it.The kicking out was swiftly followed by banishing me from a mile of the house and any members of the family.He was not a soft man i can tell you.He told me that unless i made a man out of myself and i came back with wealth that i had built upmyself i would not be welcome.It was as if i did not exist.He meant it and he did it.

After three months getting help from friends and so forth they all dissapeared once they realsied that my situation wasnt getting any better.that was my greatest lesson in life that my dad taught me.I went to his Depot where his trucks used to be based to get a job therte but he ordered everyone there not to let me in.

In the end i had to sleep rough.

After two weeks of that i jumped on the only job i could get and became a truck assistant.This was not as easy as i thought.

First trip was to take emegency food supplies to Sudan in the south region of the Spla of the late John Garang.In between there and momnbasa there is the whole of kenya and then Uganda that was in the final stages of it's civil war with the current president leading the NRA who were nearing the town of Gulu.Well we went and got shot at by everybody from the NRA to the SPLA to God know whomever else that felt like it.I never been scared in my life the way i was that day and i got to drive the truck the moment the driver was shot.This is even before i had proper lessons.Amazing what you can do when your life is at stake.They shot the tyres i still drove and eventually after 20 miles had to stop because the load 30 tonne of it was making it hard to steer with a panctured tyre.I had to change the tyres and those *******s caught up.They were many trucks with us at thois stage so we werent the only targets but i am sure the pit at the formular one circuits would be amazed at the speed i changed those 6 tyres.That trip was an eye opener.I di many other trips through similar hazardous areas including the Marama hills of Rwanda where there was an abundance of man eating lions and the truck broke down in the middle of the national park yards from the last spot a human was taken.We formed a ring around the the man who was repairing the shaft and we could see the lions but Alhamdullilah they werent hungry.I must admit their stare is the most teriffying on this planet of ours.Well to cut a long story short after three years i owned three trucks and was earning enough to buy my own house and i came back to mombasa.My old man it turned was keeping an eye on me but didnt want me to know.Never looked back sisnce then and never trusted or relied on the so called friends.I still thank my father for the way he helped make a man out of me.WHen i came to the UK i immediately went back to my studies and got what i wanted.