Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Somali youth and Bullying

Modesty   

I recently saw this news clip about this somali girl, 12, who slashed this british girl's face because she was severely bullied by her and the school. Actually when I saw the girl's face, I immediately knew it was a somali girl who did this, because somali girl's always go for the face. Anyways, are somali youth especially in the UK bullied in school? What's going on in that part because I hear so much things happening there.

RedSea   

Where are the UK folks in here to answer this question, or are they in the chat rooms like usual? :D

Come on peeps answer the Q? are Somali students bullied in schools?

looooool, I can see somalis are now imported sakiintii to europe. :D . this is-sakiimeenta used to be common in mogadishu, I don't know other cities tho.

I also heard that a somali woman has been seriously slashed by follow somali women, apparently a mum and her 20 yrs old doughter in Southall, London! so, now it is terrifying this is-sakiimeenta in europe.

Jamilah   

Seriously some girls need to go to anger managament classes. Somebody vebally assults me so I am going to slash them? :rolleyes: What the-?? Actually this makes me recall my days in primary school whenever verbal retaliation was inadequate to put certain individuals in their place my siblings and I were forced to tag team on them (wh wathing wrestling matches on friday nights turned out to be so beneficial who would have thought).

N.O.R.F   

The girl recently arrived in the UK, lived in an all white nighberhood, went to an all white school, got bullied and beaten by the white girl and her freinds the day before with the teachers looking on. The next day is when she did what she did. I dont think Somali kids get bullied in schools except for the unlucky ones who are bullied for their colour/language difficulties.

Baluug   

I read the article and saw the girl's face, and you know what I said? Mac sonkor!! ****** little b**** got what she deserved. If I ever saw her. I'd probably slap her in the face.

Jamilah   

Originally posted by Northerner:

The girl recently arrived in the UK, lived in an all white nighberhood, went to an all white school, got bullied and beaten by the white girl and her freinds the day before with the teachers looking on. The next day is when she did what she did. I dont think Somali kids get bullied in schools except for the unlucky ones who are bullied for their colour/language difficulties.

Oh really? In that case I second MC Xamar, the chick got what she wanted.

DraGon   

^^^So you needed such an explanation to give the poor girl the benefits of the doubt???

In my city Somali kids most of the time are victims of bullying....even though I don't support her violent reaction, I had the feeling she was driven by something.

Slashing anyone's face is horrendous especially if the victim is a girl. How can you guys support this? Putting a child who recently arrived in the country in an all white school was the wrong move to begin with. Somali kids who are not fully integrated get bullied.

Maf Kees   

I can't relate to this. I remember back in elementary, we got a new classmate: a Somali girl fresh from the 90's civil war. She ended up terrorising the whole school as the most notorious bully in school. She even used to beat up boys older than her. She even fought my mother's little brother (only a year older than me), the most feared boy in school, and she fuked him up properly.

When we moved to the other side of town and I had to go to a new school. I joined a kid-gang of 4 Somali boys (including me) and we bullied the other kids together for two solid years. I'm not proud of it. We once beat up two 'enemies' in the toilet and left them crying there.

Of what I've seen, Somali kids are usually the bullies.

Rea   

At the age of 11, I got one of The best advise of my life “if someone messes with u(physically), make sure u make them into a EXAMPLE !†so.. the girl slashed??? goooooooooooooooodddd!!!

I don’t care who u r but once u invade my 2†radius, than May god be with u!!! And this should be true for all of u including those ghandi wanna be

Janna   

FOB's (Fresh of the boat) are known to be vicious. Attacking and defending was their only life back home. Instead of slashing her face, she should have given her a haircut. :D

Nephissa   

^ or should've shoved a glass in her face. Kudos to her. :cool:

The FOB girls are tougher then the average fish and chips, hooyo jalaataa rabaa kids. The ones in my city always look angry. You can tell them a mile away, they have a certain look about them, harsh facial features (huruuf aan loo joogin) with a big mouth and a lot of attitude. There was one FOB grown woman Sat. night, who nearly knocked me flying trying to get past in an aggressive way, I know for a fact if I had said something, I'd have got thumped or worse. Dadkaas gacan baan u taagay. :D