Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Somali youth and Bullying

ScarFace   

lol@FOB man i miss that word :D

Modesty they dont get bullied, they the ones that BULLY ppl (exception for the F.O.Bs) as far as I know especially in london.......man ARE WE voilent or what...... :mad:

Rea   

call it…. fob, flight 13, fob13 . I call it inspiration 13 or kill Bill 13……. In my books she is a brave little soul..her story should inspire any of us 2 stand up 4 our rights and do some slashing… lol

Im sure if u truly were faced with a situation such as bullying, u might try to handle it in a more civilized way, and communicate with the individual but what do u , when u cant speak the darn language.??

Answer: slash baby, slash like Uma Thurman in kill bill 1 &2, slash till the cows come home!

Baluug   

Unfortunately, violence seems to work the best when dealing with bullies. Sometimes you gotta fight fire with fire. There were these kids who teased me when I was about 8 or 9, and I got so fed up with it that I chased them around with a baseball bat, just swinging away!! :D they never bothered me again after that......

Nephissa   

^ Wish that was the case for my nephew. He's 7yrs old, very outgoing, very social, non-aggressive, an extravert of sorts. He was in preschool for 2 years and loved going, never had a problem. Same with starting Kindergarten and grade 1, loved it from the start! Then came grade 2, and things started to change a little. He started pretending to be sick alot (Xaa ku qayaano ah :D .) It has been a fight in the mornings to get him to go to school. Turns out he is being bullied by a grade 1 bully.

My lil guy is even terrified to play with the neighbors' kids. Every weekend he hopes it rains so that he doesn't get sent outside to play. Wish there were grade 2 FOBs in his school to keep an eye on him. :D

Baluug   

You know what you do, then? Go to school with him, and slap that little b*astard in the face!! :D Probably sounds cruel, but it might work. Even if a kid's a bully, he'll always be afraid of older and bigger people.

Som@li   

Tyjwania , so Fulaynimo runs in the family,lol smile.gif ,associating with FOBs, or sendin the kid Somalia to learn how to defend would be good idea.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Tyjwania:

^ Wish that was the case for my nephew. He's 7yrs old, very outgoing, very social, non-aggressive, an extravert of sorts. He was in preschool for 2 years and loved going, never had a problem. Same with starting Kindergarten and grade 1, loved it from the start! Then came grade 2, and things started to change a little. He started pretending to be sick alot (Xaa ku qayaano ah
:D
.) It has been a fight in the mornings to get him to go to school. Turns out he is being bullied by a grade 1 bully.

My lil guy is even terrified to play with the neighbors' kids. Every weekend he hopes it rains so that he doesn't get sent outside to play. Wish there were grade 2 FOBs in his school to keep an eye on him.
:D

Your nephew has to learn how to confront bullies - sign him for karate or something.

ElPunto   

As to the slasher FOB - it seems an excessive over reaction to bullying. Beat up the bully but to scar someone physically, potentiall for the rest of one's life is WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too much. It's the usual Somali over-reaction - someone calls a Somali the N-word and next day they bring a dagger to school and stab someone.

Nephissa   

Karate or not, the boy doesn't have the heart to fight. Wax walba lagala daal, waxaa haray bacaad in la siiyo kaliya. Maybe that's the only cure for his fuleynimo; to feed him half-a-cup of red Somali sand couple times a week. :D

Baluug   

Originally posted by ThePoint:

As to the slasher FOB - it seems an excessive over reaction to bullying. Beat up the bully but to scar someone physically, potentiall for the rest of one's life is WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too much.

Betcha that bully never does it again.....