Sign in to follow this  
Khalaf

Why not Believe? Reasons for Agnosticism/Atheism and Why Islam is Right?

^^^^ Sxb...drop it... The issue you want to discuss is too personal and trying to engage someone at personal level in a forum is counter productive.

To me, I do believe Cara's decline of your invitation was the right decision [the same decision I would have made if I were her], it feels like if someone is on trial here.

Cheers

Cara.   

LOL @ Alle-Ubaahne. Finally, someone heard my cry for help for what it was. Tell me, ina-adeer, do you have a particular man in mind who will take on the unpleasant task of returning me to the fold with the power of shukaansi? Yaa tol ah? :D

LOZ,

How is what I said demeaning to Islam?

Khalaf,

Inyow. You listed some reasons why people don't believe, yet you think they do not apply to Islam. Why don't we pretend what you believe to be the case, to make it easier for you: Let's say I come from a Christian background, and so I'm under the mistaken notion that Islam has the same flaws, if you will. Why don't you explain why those reasons you listed do not apply to Islam? This will save time, since IF I were to explain my reasoning, you will either declare that I never understood Islam to begin with, or that I'm clearly lying and do not have a Muslim background. Obviously there's no way you will say "hey, it seems like you really were a Muslim, and you actually know and understand Islam well, and you sincerely questioned it and did not get satisfactory answers, and that's why you left." That's not an option for you and never could be, so let's skip the third degree, should we?

Originally posted by Cara:

LOZ

How is what I said demeaning to Islam?

Well...The below comment was humbling, you would say!

a perfectly nice religion for
those who like that sort of thing.

Like..er' Sort of thing you are talking about someone's beliefs here not their dislike/like but then again I may be reading too much into your comment. icon_razz.gif

Cheers

Khalaf   

"This will save time, since IF I were to explain my reasoning, you will either declare that I never understood Islam to begin with, or that I'm clearly lying and do not have a Muslim background. Obviously there's no way you will say........."

Try me Cara! It seems the one who has fixed ideas about the other is you Cara, I have no ulterior motives here, am sincere in wanting to understand and have dialogue. As ive said those reasonings I posted are from a non-Muslim background, u can tell and we will address them inshallah. This is not a personal thing nor putting u on trial, to each his/her way! But you’ve said u was once a Muslim, marka before we proceed since this arena is a Muslim one: tell us how u understood the Islamic belief system (Quran, Creator, ect) as a Muslim back then, and present your case/reasons on why/how u came to the conclusion it is wrong way? I think its fair request, and dont understand da big deal here....lets be upfront for once nothin personal.....but your case against not religion (da "gods/supernatural" ect) but specfically deenul Islam. Thanks.

LOL @ Alle-Ubaahne. Finally, someone heard my cry for help for what it was. Tell me, ina-adeer, do you have a particular man in mind who will take on the unpleasant task of returning me to the fold with the power of shukaansi? Yaa tol ah?
:D

Ok, Horta is daji, sheydaanka Darwin la yiraahdo iska naar, kadibna halkaan soo fariiso, yes, the big Gambar near me. Now, ka waran hadaan Adeerkeey kugu daro, he is as old as you, and he doesn't care about your irreligiousity nor qeyladaada!

Let me know if it looks compatible deal to you! lol

Pi   

-----Deleted------

[ March 20, 2007, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: Legend of Zu ]

Ms DD   

I too find it very interesting how one changes from a devout muslim to an atheist. I must admit..i have never met an apostate in real life. But I must respect Cara's wishes if she doesnt want to divulge deeper into her reasons.

Cara.   

- Edited -

Khalaf and Cambarro, maybe I'll write a book and I'll be sure to send you advance copies icon_razz.gif

Alle-Ubaahne, horta adeerkaa muxuu qabaa? Sidee buu ku gaarey da'deyda without a wife?

[ March 20, 2007, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Legend of Zu ]

Paragon   

Don't mind Pi.
The lad is still at that stage where making crude statements to shock people
is very rewarding. I feel for his parents and teachers.

Traditionally, that stage is called 'Xiniinyo-Guduudsi ' stage. Its full of inuendos :D

As for the topic, so? Whats the fuss about?

NGONGE   

Khalaf
and
Cambarro
, maybe I'll write a book and I'll be sure to send you advance copies
icon_razz.gif

You are Ayaan Hirsi and I hereby claim my spotter's prize. icon_razz.gif

ps

Have you noticed how you girls bring out the best in Alle-Ubaahne? :D

^^Very well spotted NG, but how sure are you, prove it?

May be Ayaan Hirsi's upcoming book was sent to you as a proof/review reader before its due.