Sign in to follow this  
Galool

Debut

Galool   

I have long been an outside observer and have read many stimulating posts with varying degree of wisdom. I have decided couple days ago to be a member of this growing online family.

Anyhow, I hope my stay will be a possitive one; one that will inject a new blood in your ailing bodies smile.gif Jokes aside, i hope to bring forth trivia, challenging thoughts and sometimes share with you rather amusing encourters.

But, let me ask you guys, what is the singular most important issue that brings as together except the shared faith and nationality. Is there something else that brings this community together?

Thanks.

Welcome Duqa,

Wat brings us together...Hmmmmmm

I don't know, but We are Somalis, people who can't seem to stand each other yet can't stay away from each other. Maybe it is the just da sense of belonging dat draws us together.

The misguided hope that one day we may have a stable country run by sane and rational people who will have read this forum and taken all our thoughts into consideration.

Completely mad, I know. But thats Somalis for you.

Oh Welcome too smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

Welcome Bloomberg (are you an economist?)

I think there many characteristics within Somalis. Some wierd, some wonderful and some plain silly.

Galool   

Thanks guys for the warm welcome. I didn't think you will post replies that quickly.

Northener, I am not but I worked for that guy and like his business model.

Somaliness; a weird and wonderful combination of the real.

Castro   

Originally posted by Bloomberg:

But, let me ask you guys, what is the
singular most important issue
that brings as together except the shared faith and nationality.

The relentless pursuit of sex.

Originally posted by Castro:

The relentless pursuit of
sex

^^Rather, it's 'the relentless pursuit of' Somali politics, literature, and customs yaa Casrto :D !

Galool   

Castro; and such pursuit I guess come to no fruition?

Xiinfiniin; I am not convinced, I think the Castro dude might be on to something.

Galool   

Castro, you mean the first was married because of bearing the children or even worst at the time alot of the older guys didn't discover the pleasures of academic intellectual discussions. And now that they have had their fund and got "educated" all of the sudden there is a hole in their marriage.

Whenever they go to dinner parties, watch political debates or even a watch a movie they are confronted with articulate, educated and established women and they all of the sudden feel they have been short changed. The abiding wife seems not to fulfil this hole for similiar reasons of his former life-- lack of western education. She is then either discarded (divorced) or those who are all about duty would like to get their fun with the younger folk who might be in a possesion of such qualities he bcome aware of late.

May be the Minyaro thing might closer to truth.

Ms DD   

Originally posted by Galool:

Whenever they go to dinner parties, watch political debates or even a watch a movie they are confronted with articulate, educated and established women and they all of the sudden feel they have been short changed. The abiding wife seems not to fulfil this hole for similiar reasons of his former life-- lack of western education. She is then either discarded (divorced) or those who are all about duty would like to get their fun with the younger folk who might be in a possesion of such qualities he bcome aware of late.

Salaam aleykum

I think you are giving men too much credit there whilst you are short-changing the ladies.

Originally posted by Castro:

^ Xiin is pretending there, you're right. His goes something like this:

The relentless pursuit of Minyaro

That’s closer to truth! Minyaro is tempting, I tell you!

[edit]Galool-ow (soo dhawoow horta), when hunting minyaro go mosques, and not to movies. In them you would find girls whom the revealed word beaten them to shape and, as a matter of principle, see no problem with polygamy.

P.S: Castrow, your prolonged absence from SOL boards kinda gave an impression that you got hitched! With Minyaro that is.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

[edit]
Galool-ow
(soo dhawoow horta),
when hunting minyaro go mosques
, and not to movies. In them you would find girls whom the
revealed word beaten them to shape
and, as a matter of principle, see no problem with polygamy.

Now thats some twisted logic.