Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Raageh Omaar joins Aljazeera TV

Dhimbil   

Yeah good for him. I wanna know how can pple in the US get this channel. Do we have to get dish network or something like the arabic channel? I hope we can order through cable.

NGONGE   

Mr Omar is indeed an Arabic speaker. After graduating from university in the UK, he went to study the Arabic language in Jordan.

As for the new news channel, it’s going to be opened not too far from I work (there is a chance that I might share an elevator with a few of the presenters - can imagine them trying to avoid me after a few ‘meetings’). As far as I know, the UK headquarters of the channel are not yet in place (they merely hired the space).

Still, it’s good news and will push up the ceiling of News reporting in the West. It’s a great leap for the Islamic world when there is a worldwide news channel that finally pushes the Muslim agenda and opens the door of competition. Al Jazeera did wonders for the government controlled Arab media and it will hopefully do the same for the privately owned Western media (after all, it’s a business and all business need to keep up with the competition regardless of principles or ideology).

^^Are you saying my chances are I may appear on Raage Omaar's programs as analyst or special guest for certain issues?

You can do that, but you have to improve the following points:

#1. you will gain more enemies as you proceed to that direction, so learn how to defend your religion, and race.

#2. Don't blame your people, before they blame you. In case you blame your people for anything, make sure to blame the West more harshly.

#3. learn some classic somali words, to show the audience that you are a multi-linguist. That way, they can't challange you when you say "I read an article from a newspaper in Hargeysa".

#4. do more excercises here, probably, with castro and others, to gain more knowledge in the art of "Look intellegent" and "win everything" game.

Markaas waa suurogal inaad noqotid nin culus! :D

N.O.R.F   

As for the new news channel, it’s going to be opened not too far from I work (there is a chance that I might share an elevator with a few of the presenters - can imagine them trying to avoid me after a few ‘meetings’).

I can see it now,,,,

Lift opens

Mr Raage Omar walks in and notices a fellow Somali

RO: Salaama Calaykum

NG: WC Salaam

RO: How are you doing?

NG: I'm fine and you?

RO: Good, what are you penning there in your note book? are you a journalist?

NG: I'm freelance

RO: Interesting, so what are you working on at the moment

NG: (looks nervous) erm erm

RO: (takes a sneak look at the note book)

NG: (starts to sweat)

RO: (takes another look at the note book) Asks, what is the title in your book BOREDOM??

Lift door opens

NG: gotta go,,,,

RO: (looks perplexed) see you later

'Witness will be what its title implies - a programme of first-hand account. No academics, no commentators unless they are themselves Witnesses.'

Ngonge would make a good witness.