Sign in to follow this  
Laba-X

Keep up with the Joneses...

Laba-X   

Is it just me or is it all Somali houses are Similar in almost every aspect -

They smell the same - often a mixture of uunsi, hilib and smell of babies and nappies

They all somehow have the 'same' or very similar furnishing consisting of almost the same Fadhi-Carbeed, the same pelmets abover the curtains, the same Arabian rugs, and often the same decorations of the holy Qur'an on the walls.

They all, or majority of them, have near-enough the same T.V set with Arabic Satellites which they all buy from their trusted Somali man at a fixed price.

If they visit another friends house and see something they like, soon their entire circle of friends would want to have it too, and often from the same dealer!

What is with this peculiar trend?

P.s if you think i've missed out any other such weird details please feel free to add!

Originally posted by Laba_Xiniinyood:

They smell the same - often a mixture of
uunsi, hilib and smell of babies and nappies

They all somehow have the 'same' or very similar furnishing consisting of almost the same
Fadhi-Carbeed
, the same pelmets abover the curtains, the same Arabian rugs, and often the same decorations of the holy Qur'an on the walls.

They all, or majority of them, have near-enough the same T.V set with Arabic Satellites which they all buy from their trusted Somali man at a fixed price.

If they visit another friends house and see something they like, soon their entire circle of friends would want to have it too, and often from the same dealer!

P.s if you think i've missed out any other such weird details please feel free to add!

LOOOL,waryaa stop hanging around single mother's houses. HeHe @ uunsi & babies. :D

However you are 100% right, we are the masters of copying smile.gif

So has everyone seen them soft usually bright red neon blue rainbow colored kubeerto that is in every single somali home??

I own TWO of those. Very comfy i tell ya smile.gif

Originally posted by Faarax-Brown:

quote:Originally posted by Laba_Xiniinyood:

They smell the same - often a mixture of
uunsi, hilib and smell of babies and nappies

They all somehow have the 'same' or very similar furnishing consisting of almost the same
Fadhi-Carbeed
, the same pelmets abover the curtains, the same Arabian rugs, and often the same decorations of the holy Qur'an on the walls.

LOOOL,waryaa stop hanging around single mother's houses. HeHe @ uunsi & babies.
:D

Salaam,

Waaryaa Faarax-Brown,

Your situational comedy is getting better by the day, I guess you becoming the next Richard Pryor :D

Maf Kees   

LOOOL,waryaa stop hanging around single mother's houses.

:D U sheeg! Loool.

LaboX, Somali people compete with each other. From babies to mothers and from old men to teenage girls. Somalis love to compete with other Somalis. But Somali women are the worst, because we all know women hate women!

Ibtisam   

But Somali women are the worst, because we all know women hate women!

:confused: really i did't know that.

Our house use to look like a typical Somali house until me and my brother redecorated it last summer.

i have not being to enough Somali house to come to the that conclusion, but i guess it is like when you go to a Somali wedding and everyone is wearing the same style dirac in different colours :rolleyes:

^Lool@women hate women.

Salaam,

Waaryaa Faarax-Brown,

Your situational comedy is getting better by the day, I guess you becoming the next Richard Pryor

*Thank You Thank you* smile.gif

You best not be mocking me,for i will shoot you

Originally posted by ibtisam:

quote: You best not be mocking me,for i will shoot you

never heard Richard say that, must be a new line :rolleyes:
Richard who? icon_razz.gif

Lol & who said richard(who?) said that?? :confused:

I have a neighbour who insists on buying her children the exact same clothing in the exact same colour for her kids when she sees one of my sibs wearing it. They're grown to hate her. But peaceful mom keeps telling her when she asks 'dukaankee ka soo gadatey? i geey'. LOL. I'd be like hell no - get out of my face nayaa.

Laba-X   

Talk about Homogeneity and a Homogeneous Society!

Weddings i must admit are the funniest thing! Do they ever change?

Waryaa Faarax-Brown its my personal avowal that i won't come near your Single-mother territory. That would be considered a felony! Dhankee baad ka cayaari jirtey horta? :D

Danyeer women are an entirely different case. They'd be like "Naa maanoo Ina hebel hebel ah, baa dirac qarnigii hore ah xirta. Walle taasi waa hebeenkii xalayoo tegey!

Kooley, hasn't your neighbour got any of your age. If so, waad ka fakatay!

Waryaa Faarax-Brown its my personal avowal that i won't come near your Single-mother territory. That would be considered a felony! Dhankee baad ka cayaari jirtey horta

Lool@ dhankeed ka ciyaari jirtay.

Sxb waxaan ka ciyaara, Dhanka bari magaalada,where of coz there was/is a boqora with the complexion of Biyo dahab ah who[as you might have guessed,lol] is Bilicdii haweenka :D

Originally posted by Jimca Lee:

^Oh' how you spoil me.
:D

QixQix @ spoil me. Darling,droplets of dahab, unless your 'Juuqraafi' is crooked, Bari is East[East coast babeyh if you will]. Last time i checked Siyaaral was on the wesst coast[The pacific to be specific :D ]

You,Plus your westcoast sidekick,bisharo are out of this description. :D

So...dearest i have no choice but to say unto you: 'Goodbye,beautiful black girl' :D

J.Lee   

lol@Pacific to be specific.

Assuming you don't know this: degaanka within a magaalo have N, S, E and W value too walaal. icon_razz.gif (Feelin' froggy, then jump sucka).

That old man was a pervert and oh yeah, yur.

B.T.W

I have a weird detail: What is up with the hookah craze :confused: It just looks like an elaborately decorated and gilded bong people. Runtii. The first time I seen it at a Somali house- not knowing what it was -I thought my neighbor inay si xun u il baxday (OG triple G bay mareysaa baan is idhi) walee sidaa u naxay sambabadii baa i kala xirmi gaaray.

weirdly, I kept remembering Chappelle on half-baked: Right near de beach

As for the question, I guess they are all trying to keep up with the joneses.