Sign in to follow this  
Jamilah

Battle of sexes

Originally posted by HornAfrique:

^So you're saying a woman is equal and free when is allowed to
imitate
man? Interesting.

A woman should be free to imitate man or dolphins, or whatever she wants. Why is some people find this idea challenging? Who gives someone the right to dictate what a woman has to wear, or how she should behave, walk, talk. WHy this permanent control over woman's body and her sexuality?

Freakyyyyyyyyyyyy

Xoogsade   

makalajabti, What is your source of knowledge and motivation to determine how you as a woman should behave and act? Remember, the community you are talking to here has its own source of knowledge, its own beleifs and ideals which they hold dear. They will accept what is universal and commonly and will reject anything that contradicts their beleifs. A muslim woman is guided by her own beliefs, her guide is her quranic book and the social norms she has are the direct result of her beliefs.

That is what you and others need to understand before they argue and debate. Bottomline, do you have the same background as the people you are talking to?

bartender

Gotta run for lack of time, I was gonna ask you, why name yourself bartender knowing the connotations it has smile.gif

A woman should be free to imitate man or dolphins, or whatever she wants. Why is some people find this idea challenging? Who gives someone the right to dictate what a woman has to wear, or how she should behave, walk, talk. WHy this permanent control over woman's body and her sexuality?

Freakyyyyyyyyyyyy

You are getting the whole concept wrong dear, I see a lot of repetition of woman, I imagice you are female thus have a full right to defend them, Im not but In any case or time I will defend them as well.

But the Issue on the hand is whether a human-being (Creature), Either man or a woman can act in any way or form they want to act, are there any limits as to what they can so legitimately do or behave, any restrictions in your mind imposed on mankind(both men and woman)?

Calm yourself down, take a deep breath now release, think of the matter carefully then try and answer it my dear.

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

[QB]
makalajabti
, What is your source of knowledge and motivation to determine how you as a woman should behave and act? Remember, the community you are talking to here has its own source of knowledge, its own beleifs and ideals which they hold dear. They will accept what is universal and commonly and will reject anything that contradicts their beleifs. A muslim woman is guided by her own beliefs, her guide is her quranic book and the social norms she has are the direct result of her beliefs.

That is what you and others need to understand before they argue and debate. Bottomline, do you have the same background as the people you are talking to?

My source of knowledge? well everything I presume like everyone here. But your are being obscure.What background you are talking about, you mean somali people or something else? Who gives you the right to determine when people can argue or not and references to their own background is irrelevant.

I am not talking to anyone in particular but expressing my views.

What do you think Xoogsade? That all somalians have the same views on everything?

Originally posted by Tukaale:

quote:

You are getting the whole concept wrong dear, I see a lot of repetition of woman, I imagice you are female thus have a full right to defend them, Im not but In any case or time I will defend them as well.
Bartender, I don't think it's a matter of defending women. There is no misogyny here. It's just that people can't think outside the box.

The very fact that people disagree on important matters allow great things to happen. One day a man thought :"hey, slavery is wrong", and then two hundreds years later, indeed slavery was abolished.

So I think there should be no control over women' body, whether I got my concept wrong or right, it's just my opinion. I may be wrong, History will tell us. :D

^^Still you are not making any improvement.

OK let me get along with you take on your point

Who is exactlay taking control over woman? If I may ask so?

Easy lady I know is your opinion, a mere opinion that could be wrong as anyone can get not only his opinion but facts wrong.

Originally posted by Tukaale:

You are the one who refuses to understand. smile.gif

WHen a society decides what clothes are acceptable for a woman, when there are special laws to limit women right to travel, work, who she should go out with, who she can marry or can't.....

I am fed up with teaching the basics to newbies icon_razz.gif

ElPunto   

Originally posted by makalajabti:

quote:Originally posted by Tukaale:

You are the one who refuses to understand.
smile.gif

WHen a society decides what clothes are acceptable for a woman, when there are special laws to limit women right to travel, work, who she should go out with, who she can marry or can't.....

I am fed up with teaching the basics to newbies
icon_razz.gif
Some that is God, dear - not society. And he has placed restrictions on men. Indeed all humans. And not just the sexes. He has placed restrictions on the wealthy, the political leadership, employers etc.

Some that is God, dear - . He has placed restrictions on the wealthy, the political leadership, employers etc.

God said that women shouldn't drive in Saudi Arabia?

In muslim countries, most laws are man-made.But they still quote Quran and Hadiths to make their point and pass their laws. Afterwards, you will never hear a muslim authority outside the Kingdom complaining about how the Saudis religious authority hijacked our religion for their weird patriarchal anti-women society.

Even here everyone here agrees that women should not be allowed some things.

WHat is the difference between the Saudis and You?

My point is history has proven that sharia laws fail to produce an egalitarian free society.

Unless there is strong affirmative action for women, Sharia should not be applied nowhere in the World.

We need to pick up the good things in the Sharia and throw away the "bad" ones like stoning, flogging sinners, dismembering thieves, death penalty and all restrictions on women.

What do you reckon? SOmeoe agrees with me? I hope so smile.gif

ElPunto   

^I said some not all. And I was specifically referrring to women covering.

And I most certainly DON'T agree with you. You have a rather quaint idea of Sharia. Sharia does not equal Hudood laws. Once you have distinguished between the two - then we can have a discussion. Tata.

ElPunto   

In muslim countries, most laws are man-made.But they still quote Quran and Hadiths to make their point and pass their laws. Afterwards, you will never hear a muslim authority outside the Kingdom complaining about how the Saudis religious authority hijacked our religion for their weird patriarchal anti-women society.

Even here everyone here agrees that women should not be allowed some things.

WHat is the difference between the Saudis and You?

You're funny! The difference between me and the Saudis is that I affirm those fairly non-contentious issues mandated by God through his religion, Islam. I don't affirm Arab or Saudi culture like our friedns in Saudi are doing. But don't concern yourself with my affirmations since that shouldn't prohibit you from engaging in whatever you like just as your proclivities should have no bearing on my ability to affirm Islamic dictates.

Something tells me you two are following each other.... true cat and mouse chase. hehe

Ps. i can tell makalajabti's true intention is just to degrade islam. :rolleyes:

Xoogsade   

My source of knowledge? well everything I presume like everyone here. But your are being obscure.What background you are talking about, you mean somali people or something else? Who gives you the right to determine when people can argue or not and references to their own background is irrelevant. I am not talking to anyone in particular but expressing my views.

What do you think Xoogsade? That all somalians have the same views on everything?

Makalajabti, The answer to your last question can be both "yes" and "no". It depends. If I confess to be a muslim, then the expectation is that I can not question the validity of a fundamental religious tenet/practice in islam. I am either ignorant of the facts if I do oppose and question such fundamental teaching of islam or lying about my adherence to islam. Either way, many will question me about what I say. That is what goes around in these forums when people discuss about issues rooted in culture and religion. Apart from that, I don't expect all somalis to have the same view on every thing. One's background in discussions of this nature are important. Thinking on the same level and understanding where people are coming from will foster amiability.

I think what is important for everyone, a muslim, a nonmuslim, the moderately educated muslim and the not so educated muslim about islam, is for them to do some checking and be fully or substantially informed about a subject and then argue from an informed position. That way, even if people don't agree with each other, there will be some understanding between them at least and people won't direspect each other, defame or cause others to leave a debate somehow feeling offended. I think most people mean well when they discuss.

I apologize if my tone comes across as dictatorial or imposing. I didn't mean to be either. And finally, I have a question which you may have been asked before, are you a somali? Not to deny you a birth-right but just out of curiousity.

We need to pick up the
good things
in the Sharia and
throw away the "bad" ones like stoning, flogging sinners, dismembering thieves, death penalty and all restrictions on women

What do you reckon? SOmeoe agrees with me? I hope so
smile.gif

^^I reckon you are, at best, a misinformed soul ,or another charlatan character, at worst.