Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

GAME: How reliable is eyewitness testimony?

Here is the challenge.

Click the following link. A picture will show up.

Picture

Which famous person do you see in that picture?

Hint: E=MC^2

Now move 15 ft away from the computer. If you still see the same person, move further away!

Who do you see now? Anyone famous?

Hint: "Happy birthday Mr. President!"

Perception is not reality. Or is it? :D

Who on earth ever came up with this? :D

"Let me prove my point that eyewitness testimony is not very reliable by taking a picture of Albert Einstein and photoshop it so that it will look like... Marilyn Monroe?"

Seriously? Who comes up with that?

Gacanaa u taagey.

What is eyewitness to do with pictures. This is not even a moving picture (video clip), it can be distorted, photoshoed or manipulated, where as an eyewitness will a real live scenes.

I've always had a youthful fascination with illusion and magic, cutting out illusion pictures from cereal boxes, newspapers, and psychology textbooks. Here's another perception game that plays on how our brain works. How is the program reading your mind?

P.S. For those of you who can't figure out how it reads your mind, use Occam's razor. Don't posit a mind-reading virtual jinn. Simpler. :D

^^ A good one.

Nomads, the trick is to get a blanket, cover yourself up and drill a tiny hole for the eye so that the computer won't record your facial/eye movement. :D

I enjoyed it. I figured it out the second try. But I won't ruin the game for others.

Sugihara uses no editing tricks. His props are cardboard and glue, no special effects. All he does is find the precise angle where our brain assumes an impossible act. In this case, he chooses the angle that makes down-sloping planes look like up-sloping planes. Then he changes the angle and you see how he did it. (Or more correctly, how
you
did it.) -- Robert Kurlwich