Sign in to follow this  
OG Moti

Worker (Somali) Dead at Desk for five Days

OG Moti   

Worker (Somali) Dead at Desk for five Days

From the New York Times: Bosses of publishing firm are trying to work out why no one noticed that one of their employees had been sitting dead at his desk for five days before anyone asked if he was feeling okey. Farax Warsame, 43, who had been employed as a proof – reader at a New York firm for 15 years, had a stomach crush, in the open – plan office he shared with other 25 other workers.

He quietly passed away on Monday, but nobody noticed until Saturday morning when an office cleaner asked why he was working during the weekend.

His Boss, Elliot Wachiaski, said: “Warsame was always the first guy in each morning and the last to leave at night, and no one knew he had Ulcer, he never told anyone, so no one found it unusual that he was in the same position all that time and didn’t say anything, He way always absorbed in his work and kept much to him self,”

A post modern examination revealed that he had been dead for five days after suffering a stomach bleeding. Warsame was proofreading manuscripts of medical textbooks when he died.

He was also writing a Letter to someone, In Latin words but wasn’t English or European, experts think it was Somalian scrip. His Family did not notice his absence for 5 days, when asked they said Warsame comes home once every 3 weeks.

The moral of the story: Don’t work too hard. Nobody notices anyway.

Stick to the welfare, at least you wont die angry.

Peace

OG_Girl   

Salaam Kabeer le uncle Moti :D

Nice story uncle and I am back to give u lil headache ;)

any ways how is SOL i really missed u guys .

salaam

Miriam1   

May Allah have mercy on his soul

I cant believe this story is true !? no one noticed for 5 days, what about the smell...and his family..doesnt he call them to check in, if they live in the same city why would he visit them only once every three weeks and how did his body stand straight up for five days! wouldnt it slump down to his desk.

Ur moral was jokes, but they story doesnt addup yakhi!

Peace smile.gif

Changed   

allah u naxaristo ameen...

og moti just wondering is real story u made it up..what is up with the moral stuff :confused:

Rokko   

this has got to be the illest sad..yet fake joke ever.na'mean.

I'm just hoping it's a joke ya'll cuz..somehow it doesn't ad up.

Macalin   

A post modern examination revealed that he had been dead for...

.......................Right there!....Hold it....back it UP ..shall We?

I know NY times has been having editing issues, but how can one of the leading newspapers in the world..i said world miss such an important commonly ussed medical term??

Post-Mortem=Of or relating to a medical examination of a dead body.

Post-Mordern:No entry found for post modern.

This is from webster dictionary....

My english teacher loong time ago told me....If someone mispells a word,or misses a puntuation..there some going on,

And mobb..am glad u gat it!

There

Salaan...

I first read this urban legend story a month ago in a satiric story by a Toronto Star humourist. He was making fun how some of the much-respected mainstream British media succumbed to that story.

A recent famous urban legend story circulating around the Internet and finally seducing the mainstream media, especially the British press, including the Daily Mail, BBC, Guardian and Times of London. Daily Mail and Times of London are both tabloids, but I wonder how the respected Guardian and BBC could bow for a very suspicious story like that.

For further interesting explanatory piece, you can read on here.

O.G., leave faaraxs alone. Intee u dhameynee masaakiinta, iyagaaba awal intee ka baxaa meel alle taagnaa.

Haaruun   
MMA, I have just read Goerge's story..it's the same1 as this Somali brother but twisted around a little, thus makes me wonder if the whole thing is just a big ****** joke