Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Muna's Murder

NGONGE   

Heh. Salma. I was heading in a totally different direction. icon_razz.gif

-------------------- --------------------

Having conducted a thorough interrogation, the officer called for a policeman and asked him to conduct the suspect back to his cell. He sat brooding and wondering how he could solve such a strange case.

The officer’s name was Kadeer. He has been with the force for five years and managed to rapidly rise through the ranks due to his dedication and hard work (not to mention his ancient family name working in his favour). He now stretched back on his chair and called for his sergeant as he whistled a love song and stared at a brown lizard making its way across the ceiling.

Sergeant Adan came in. He was a short and stocky man in his late fifties who didn’t say much and always did what he was told. From the first day they met, officer Kadeer convinced himself that Adan’s silence and thriftiness with words was due to his great wisdom and intelligence. Adan never attempted to correct him because Adan was a simple man who never said much.

Now they were sat opposite each other in the room and Kadeer started speaking about the case.

Kadeer: So, Adan, what is your opinion of this case? Do you think drunken Abdi is a killer?

Adan: I don’t know!

Kadeer: Indeed. It is a tough case and I can’t even think of a motive.

Adan: Hmmm.

Kadeer: Could the motive be money? Tell me, what job did the dead woman do?

Adan: She sold pancakes.

Kadeer: Exactly! The motive could not be money then. I mean, how much money could a poor pancake seller have?

Adan: Hmm.

Kadeer: Yes. I agree. Not much at all. Tell me, does she have any family?

Adan: She has a niece who lives with her.

Kadeer: Just a niece? Nobody else? Mother, brother or sister?

Adan: No. Just a niece.

Kadeer: What was her relationship with the niece like?

Adan: She lives with her.

Kadeer: Exactly! Poor pancake seller who took her niece under her wing and saved her from a life on the streets. You are right Adan; the niece cannot be a suspect. Anyone else?

Adan: Just the niece.

Kadeer: Did she have friends?

Adan: No.

Kadeer: Not even her customers?

Adan: She had customers, yes.

Kadeer: Excellent. Customers are there to trade with you, they can never be your real friends. Ok, we are getting there. We narrowed the suspects to just one, drunken Abdi.

Kadeer: But he had no motive for killing this poor lady! Did you find any money on him when you arrested him?

Adan: No.

Kadeer: Bugger! Ok. Ok. Here is what I want you to do. Release Abdi but make sure you have someone tail him around and report back all his movements.

Adan: Release him?

Kadeer: Exactly! I have a hunch that someone put him up to it. We have a hired assassin on our hands sir.

The sergeant left the room and Kadeer sat back thinking of the case and staring back at the lizard. It was standing still and staring down at him. He stood up, stretched his arms and walked over to the TV in the far corner of the room. He opened a drawer on the desk near the TV and took out an old DVD. It was an episode of the Columbo TV serious! Even though Kadeer spoke no words of English, he enjoyed watching this show and loved Columbo’s ability to always find the culprit. Now, with the TV blaring in the background, he sat back, lit a cigarette and started to plan for this case.

On another part of town, Salma was sat talking to Liban about the Murder of Muna.

Salma: This is perfect. Now we can run away, my love.

Liban: No! We have to wait a little. If we go now people will know we murdered your aunt and they’ll catch us before we’ve even reached the border.

Salma: They’ve already arrested the drunk, darling. There is no way anybody will suspect us.

Liban: Just be patient, my love. We will go in a couple of weeks.

Salma: I can’t wait for two weeks! You are ok, you don’t have to face people and see the way they all keep faking their sadness at my aunt’s death. I really can’t take any more of it.

Liban: Only two more weeks, Salma. Be strong. Hang in there.

Salma: If we leave now, this time next month we will be living the good life in Italy!

Liban: I can’t rush. I have a few things to take care off before I go. You will have to bear with me, my love. Two more weeks, that’s all I ask.

Salma: But I’ll have to make pancakes for two weeks! I thought I was over that. Isn’t that why we killed her?

Liban: Shush! Someone might hear you! And, no, we killed her for her savings not for your wretched pancakes.

Salma: Do you still have the money on you? How much is it again?

Liban: We counted it together, woman. You know how much it is.

Salma: I know. But tell me again anyway.

Liban: Three thousand four hundred dollars.

Salma: I still can’t believe she made all that money from selling pancakes.

Liban: Me too! It was luck that made you spy on her when she was stowing her money away.

Salma: Yes. I was trembling with excitement and could not wait to tell you.

Liban: I am glad you told me. Now, we can run away and stay together forever.

Salma: Oh yes. Oh yes. Oh yes. But do we really have to wait for two weeks?

To be continued..

(I'd love to see how Salma is going to guess now). icon_razz.gif

Chimera   

Ngonge is the SOL audience your personal lab of guinea pigs through whom you test your material in case of future publication? I think you should consider compiling your stories into a book(s).

NGONGE   

^^ My kids are my guinea pigs, saaxib. Whenever they're naughty, out comes one of these stories. They HATE them. :D

Naughty Salma!

They killed her for three thousands only? Dont make no sense.

Maybe Muna was planning to sell Salma to an older guy or maybe she was pimping her own niece to get out of her wretched life? And Liban came to "rescue" his darling but his real intention was the money and now he will turn againt Salma and turn her in.

Make the characters complicated, each with their own motive and dark secrets.

Salma   

Masaaa2 el Khair....

LOOL Allahu Akbar, the day I've decided to change my name to Salma, the name is carried by a smooth criminal who's involved in her aunt's death.

Anyway,, yazaaak Allah khair obooye,, ma ga9rt.. :D

Don't tell me dirty cops story is not your cup of tea? Maybe good Cop,, Eedo Muna is still alive and the death story is fake??!! and there is a bigger story than the drunk guyz...

Liban has a nice name,,, is he a real criminal or undercover cop on duty (Lieutenant Liban) :D

P.S. Shaikh Zubair: Why have u chosen Italy for the grand escape??!!!

NGONGE   

Abdi returned home in the middle of the afternoon. He shuffled into the house and greeted his mother.

Mother: What are you doing back here so soon? Did you escape from the police?

Abdi: Huh! No, I did not escape. They allowed me to leave.

Mother: Why did they arrest you in the first place? What did you do?

Abdi: It was a mistake. They thought I killed pancake Muna! Hahaha!

Mother: You killed poor Muna?

Abdi: No I did not. Stop getting worked up.

Mother: Who killed her?

Abdi: I don’t know. The police don’t know either. They thought it was me but now they don’t.

Mother: Did you have an alibi? Do you want me to say you were here all night?

Abdi: You will do that for me?

Mother: I may be your father’s wife but I brought you up since you were an infant and always looked upon you as a son, you ungrateful oaf.

Abdi: Sorry about that. They were kicking me and slapping me. I didn’t know what I was saying.

Mother: It’s ok. So, do you want me to lie for you?

Abdi: No. It’s ok. I already told them I was out all night.

Mother: So you are still a suspect?

Abdi: I don’t think so. I mean why would they let me go if I was still a suspect?

Mother: Listen son, we are poor and we don’t have anyone to help us. When the police fail to find the real murderer, they will come after you again and use you as a scapegoat!

Abdi: You really think that? But I didn’t do it!

Mother: Yes I do and it does not matter if you did it or not. They will still come after you, son. You have to leave town. You have to run.

Abdi: Run? Where to? I can’t run!

Mother: You have to, son. Or else, you’ll spend the rest of your life in jail or even get killed.

Abdi: But where can I go? I have never been out of this town, mother.

Mother: Go to Europe. Everyone else does it, why not you?

Abdi: Europe? I always wanted to go to Europe. Toothless Ali once told me he wanted to go to Europe but didn’t have enough money. Ah! I don’t have money either!

Mother: You do. I do. Not enough to make us rich but enough to get you out of this town.

Abdi: How am I going to do it? I don’t even which way to head!

Mother: Don’t worry about that. I’ll arrange it all. Just be ready to go the minute I tell you.

Abdi: You make it sound imminent!

Mother: Of course it is! The police may change their minds and come to arrest you again any minute now. Do you really want to give them the chance?

Abdi: No! I don’t want to go to jail.

Mother: Ok. Stay here and don’t open the door to anyone. I will go and arrange everything.

On the other side of town, Liban and Salma were hurriedly stuffing some clothes into a suitcase.

Liban: We need to hurry up. They guy said he’ll pick us up in two hour’s time.

Salma: But why did they let the drunk out? Do you think they found out about us?

Liban: I doubt it. Still, we better not take any risks.

Salma: But I am not ready.

Liban: You were ready yesterday!

Salma: I thought I would have time to prepare myself. You are giving me only two hours to do that!

Liban: We have no choice. Do you want to come or don’t you?

Salma: I do. I do. Just don’t rush me. Now where is that dress of mine?

Liban: Forget the darn dress. You’ve been searching for it for the last ten minutes. We really have no time to waste.

Salma: Ok. Ok. Don’t shout at me.

The next morning, as Kadeer casually strolled into work, he was met at the door by Sergeant Adan.

Adan: The drunk is missing, sir.

Kadeer: What do you mean he’s missing?

Adan: My lookout tells me that a strange car with two men picked him up at five in the morning. My lookout could not give chase because, as you know, he was stalking the address on foot!

Kadeer: Where could he have gone?

Adan: My lookout thinks the car belongs to those wretched people smugglers.

Kadeer: Son of An Awor! He legged it?

Adan: Sounds like it.

Kadeer: My career is ruined. I am going to get demoted and maybe jailed for letting this murder suspect get away!

Adan: Muna’s niece is also missing.

Kadeer: I will have to talk to the minster of interior and see if he can help me out. I worked too hard to get where I am today. I don’t want to lose it all....Muna? Muna who?

Adan: The deceased.

Kadeer: Who cares! All I am interested in is getting Abdi back.

Adan: My informant tells me that they saw her and her lover getting in a similar car to the one that picked up Abdi.

Kadeer: Aha! You think they work together?

Kadeer: Hmmm. They’re running away too?

Kadeer: I am ruined. Ruined.

Adan: Hmmm.

To be continued...

LOL! I love "simple" Adan and Khadiir's little dialogue and the part about watching columbo to solve a case was hilarious. Do continue

Its like having our own soap-show.

Ps I personallu especially liked the initial segment of the story- the part about the Gecco and introducing the police officers.

Now I must be off for the day.

Ibtisam   

Give it some meat (The police officers, one just says hmmm and the other is an idoi*t.) Introduce a side kick who later sloves the crime. Oh Liban should kill the girl. :D

NGONGE   

Norf,

I was there for a week and saw plenty chewing until all hours. This story (in my mind at least) is based in Burco. icon_razz.gif

^- Set in Burco eh? No wonder...lol I kid!

Ibti- Are you daring to suggest that those two hapless police men didn't charm you in any shape or form?

Plus you really shouldn't expect too much CSI'ing from Somali police officials because when it comes to the incompetence factor they're probably just a little behind mumbai (Aka Hindis).

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Norf,

I was there for a week and saw plenty chewing until all hours. This story (in my mind at least) is based in Burco.
icon_razz.gif

What was the murder weapon? :D

Salma   

^^^ The answer is : Who cares! All Kadeer is interested in is getting Abdi back :D

LOL @ Minister of Interior, common!!!!