Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

...ATTENTION SOMALIAONLINE FAMILY....

hodman   

Yuuummm chicken fantastic is one of my favs in Safari. Congrats on the show CT. Will try to watch it. Good luck

king_450   

Whatever happened to good old days"Home Cooking". Plz God i hope i never get hitched a women from Mn area.Lazy Lazy Lazy,i bet you ladies forget how to cook and make "hommie Dish"By the way how much a saxan of Pasta or Baris nowdays cost?

hodman   

Originally posted by king_450:

Whatever happened to good old days"Home Cooking". Plz God i hope i never get hitched a women from Mn area.Lazy Lazy Lazy,i bet you ladies forget how to cook and make "hommie Dish"By the way how much a saxan of Pasta or Baris nowdays cost?

Home Cooking? Sounds vaguely familiar :confused:

Ariadne   

lol if he did talk like William Shatner that would be awesomtastic!

those pics are tantalizing by the way.... is there a branch in Canada?

CLEVER-TREVOR, I haven't had the opportunity to eat at your restaurant, because I haven't visited MN, but my older sister (rock's chick) and other relatives of mine have and they have said nothing but good things about it.

Frankly, all we have here in ontario is Xamdi, and even Xamdi is disgrace. Don't get me wrong, they got good food, but don't know jack about customer service.

The one think my sister said about your restaurant is, you appreciate your customers and don't take them for granted like xamdi in the west area of T.O. as in toronto, ontario.

I come from suburbia, about an hour from t.o occasionally with some friends of mine, sometimes I bring my non somali comrades there and I'm ashamed because of the disorganization going on at xamdi.

The other weekend, we went there ofcourse, I was out voted, because I didn't think xamdi deserved my hard earn money, but we ended up taking a vote and majority wanted xamdi and went with it. We got there, we waited standing to have a table cleared for a group of six, and while we were waiting for our turn, another large group came and directly went ahead of us and as other people were waiting to leave, they sat there, without so much as looking around to see who was ahead of them.

I don't blame the reer baadiyo who went past my friends and I or the other couple and that came after us and waiting with us on the line, but the blame lies with Xamdi management. Xamdi doesn't have a system in place when it comes to their customers.

The wait time, the lack of servers, they are short handed on employee's. On a saturday, around 6:30pm in the west area, is pretty busy, that was the first time I went there around that time, dinner time and they only had few waiters serving.

Forget that we waited over 25minutes and then had reer baadiyo come and force their way infront of us and later apologized, but we had to wait another 30minutes for our food once we got a table.

Xamdi wouldn't have managed to stay on business this long if it werent for their many loyal customers who just put up with this type of behaviour, but at the same time, we all know how long they have been on business, they don't have class but are alright with it because their customers tolerate it day in and day out.

Their restaurant is ghetto, at a ghetto location and I can count with my hands how many times I went there over the years, a number less than 5x but each of those visits I had atleast more than 3 people with me.(thats alot of money)

One time I brought my non somali comrades to give them a taste of somali food, they loved the food but were disgusted with the service.

I'm glad that in MN, you atleast know what it takes to run a restaurant business, and hope one day the somali restaurants in canada catch up with you and learn from you.

From what I have heard from my sister, relatives who visited MN, relatives who live in MN is that safari is on another level, one that the likes of xamri corp can't reach anytime soon. Kudos to you and keep up the good job. I voted and I want a free service for two when and if I come, open invitation.

Abyan   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

CLEVER-TREVOR, I haven't had the opportunity to eat at your restaurant, because I haven't visited MN, but my older sister (rock's chick)

woow , the rocks chick is your sister? Ive always wondered where she had gone....Tell her she is missed by an soler..lol...or maybe she changed her name?

RedSea   

salamu calaykum,

I have eaten at Safari Restuarant quite few times Trevor. I like the rapid service and the attention the customers get right away, the food is great.

But the place is too small, I don't like the painting on the wall trying to represent the Safari wild life, you need to have better artist next time, or give me call. loool

Anyways, overall, I would give you 3.5 stars out of 5, keep up the good work sxb.

Thanks,

Kashafa   

Yo CT, Just took a look at your website and the online menu. If the food tastes half as good as it sounds, then you got a great business oppurtunity. Also wanted to give you props on your pricing: VERY affordable. That means high school kids, college students, and other people working on a low budget can frequent there anytime they want some halaal food. Eating out is overrated anyway, the whole 'dining experience' bull is a trapping used to pick your wallet. Keep your prices low, the restraunt immacuately clean, and the service friendly, and people will come in droves inshallah.

Now in return for all this expert business advice, I want in. Partnership ? :D

Seriously tho, is it possible for you to give us any hard numbers and a brief outline on how you setup the restraunt ? It'd be great exposure for any budding nomad entrepreneurs out there. No need to give out your trade secrets, just general info on how, when, you formed the restraunts and any specific obstacles you might've faced.

If you refuse, I'll pull your license. I got connections, dawg :D

Iffah   

You definitely got my vote. I really liked Safari. Good service and great food! I'll be sure to stop by if I ever hit MPLS again.

LayzieG,

I feel you on that. The place is not the same. I keep telling myself I'll never return there but the family or the friends I'm with always outnumber me in the votes too. Did you notice they always seem to be out of moos too, I guess they have enough ajinabi customers now, ...who needs Somalis huh?

:rolleyes:

Iffah   

^^ I don't know about the rest of the menu as I only like their chicken legs anyway, and I think I can live without them too. :D