Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Surrendered Wife!!!

Alright...I see my contradictory disclaimer was not accepted...I can insist that it is far from being counter intuitive but more like “oooh” kind of reaction.

So I will give you a scenario here, whereby the xaliimo [in this case Cara] is better than the farax [in this case Legend] in both aspects based on the theory –the better outcome is undeniably that she does the house work.

In a nutshell the real question that the resident undercover economist will tackle is “ is Legend worse than Cara at cooking/household chores or at working outside? At what task is The Hot Cara relatively more efficient than the Sizzling Legend ?

It is all about the relative efficiency? Are you with me so far?

Lets say The Hot Cara is able to put 3 hours of labour to finish all the household chores while Legend needs to put 8 hours of labour to do the same tasks.

Cara needs 6 hours per day at the office to earn enough money for the whole family unfortunately our farax in question aka Legend is not as efficient as Cara so he needs to work 10 hours to earn the same as her.

Our theory, and here is where I feel a Daniel coming to judgment , says The Legend-Cara family will be better off if our lovely Cara does the house chores!

Er…I proclaim that my intentions are as pure as the driven snow! :D

Cheers

Som@li   

Those type of woman who are submissive, and dont like to fight back are the most dangerous. They are a ticking bomb,if you hear a man was killed by his wife, She mostly fits that type of profile.

Cara.   

LOZ, how about I work 6 hours, he works 10 hours, and a maid works 2 hours to do the household chores? If it's efficiency you want, what can be more efficient than letting professionals do what they do best? I'm happy I'm not scrubbing floors, he's happy because he's not being nagged at to help out, the maid is happy because she's got paid work. And with the extra income, perhaps we can retire early and live on a tropical island in our old age ;)

Maximum utility, I say.

Cara.   

^Maths, man.

16 hours worth of income - 2 hours pay to the maid = more moolah than Faarax-and-Xaliimo will know what to do with. Everyone knows money makes you happy, ergo even more money will make you deliriously happy.

My logic is unassailable.

Originally posted by Cara:

^Maths, man.

16 hours worth of income - 2 hours pay to the maid = more moolah than Faarax-and-Xaliimo will know what to do with. Everyone knows money makes you happy, ergo even more money will make you deliriously happy.

My logic is unassailable.

Simply the warped miscalculations of a yet to surrender wife.

first, all th e evidence is that the happiness from money is not additive so 2x more money does not make you you 2x times happier, its even worse with the 16Hrs of work.

Lets say your say you work a total of 14 hrs loosing 2Hrs of pay which is approximately 12.5% of the daily income. Now say that your daily icome for 16Hrs work is $100, working 14Hr instead would mean your take home $87.5 loosing only $12.5.

Now how many maids do you know of that work for $6.25 p.h. or how many meals comparable to those made with loving hands can you get you for $12.5.

And this is worse when you earn more, because the earnings of 10Hrs work are almost negligible compared to the 16hrs in your quality of life...

Cara.   

See, that's when the theoretical economist's desperate need for round numbers creates conditions too absurd for reality.

$100/16 = $6.25

So the maid (probably an illegal immigrant) is too good to make $6.25/hr but a professional couple average wages of $6.25/hr? If only one person was working the couple would have a salary of less than $20K a year. Ha, they both need to work just to make ends meet! But then they still couldn't afford a maid, so both will have to chip in and do the housework. Very egalitarian, I must say, although I guess the maid misses out.

Love is in the air

Everytime I come to this thread

Love is in the air

in every letter and in every word..!

some how i cant get this outta song of my head!!

strange days indeed.

Cara Your Logic sux!...I will be back...when i have little bit of more time.

In the meantime, just food for thought, Once you add additional variable [maid] into the theory you are no longer working with the Comparative theory - Remember the theory explains the trade between two individuals and how they decide, who will do what, based on their relative efficiency.

See, once you add a maid into the equation then we should also add a nanny who takes care of the little one until one of you get back from work...now the most time that one of you will not be home is 6 hrs. So you will need a nany for at least 6 hrs. saying that, whatever you have gained -income wise- thru working is now eroded!

Cheers

PS: More to come - smile.gif