Sign in to follow this  
Hayat

UK

Hayat   

i have always envisaged establishing a life there.In fact i remember when were kids my friends always used to "brag" about America and i was the only loyal UK fan.

lately some of my friends made a trip down, i was flabergasted i wanted to go!! unfair. they all left.....expecting a flaming review i was sombered. They didn't even like it!. I excused their complaints as merely "complaining for the sake of complaining". But the thing is two of my cousins came back recently after a three-month holiday. they didn't enjoy it as well. I am still convinced they are not right. their reviews were traumatising. I am hesistant of my long awaited trip....Ukanians come on down! relive my tensions. :D tell me my anticipations were at least somewhat worthwile.

nuune   

^^^ lool, but there is nothin to see around there, except for Shefield!

Plus it is true, those coming from overseas to the Uk spend most of the time going from houses to houses

I don't know why most of people go to UK complain about it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No, i don't think it is coz they spend their time in houses ,, there must me some other logic.

UK bashing is fav past-time for all comers, even the Euro Trashers that settled complain about it.

but the fact is u need to let it grow on u,then and only will u appericiate this place.

as for Somali holiday makers they have bad experiance mainly cause there have no one to show them around the real London, the cool places, the art galaries, the crazy little markets.

I have been to London and honestly enjoyed my stay there. There were a lot of things I didn't like, but heck I was there for vacation. Who cares the small streets and small house and all, when you get to see all the historical places, galleries, the museum central London. Things were expensive though, especially when you have US dollar. So, go for it and see it yourself and make sure to have some1 who knows London/UK that can show you around.

Its funny, why would anyone going to holliday come to UK from another western country. Go to the middle east or Africa.

As for your couriosity, their account of UK is right, it's not an easy ride, we live here and have lived for many years. Its bloody expensive, over crouded and dull, a journey to the otherside of London will take you a whole day and you hardly get time with any of your relatives to take you around, they busy climbing the ladder and to win bread. My advice, if you really want to enjoy your holliday and wish to meet people to welcome you, take you to tourist attractions and to invite you for dinner go to the middle east or Africa. Europe and America raaxo mataalo, simple as that...

Urban   

Kum to Liverpewl! You can go to the docks and see the Tate gallery and Liver buillding. St George's hall and the museum and art gallery 'round the corner. Then go further into town to shop in the brilliant St John's market, or Liverpool-ONE.

After the busy day, take the bus down to Granby to check out the Somali scene and relax in the little restaurant (there's only one).