Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Marriage

Khalaf   

^^^War gabarta daaf.....she wants to be a Princess on her special day, resemble royalty..a Queen on her thrown. ya dig....she deserves it and so does every girl....man don't u have sisters or women in ur family?....Aaliyah nothin wrong wit dat ina adeer...tho extravangance aint good religiously speaking.

Ibtisam   

Ghanima, I want a huge wedding, the best in the city insha allah and there wouldnt be a better wedding out there no way . It is every girl's dream...adiga laakin maxa ka qaldan naa sariirta dhinac qaldan ma kasoo toostay kidding

No honey, I just hate to do anything for a bunch of ungrateful gossiping guest, I like to please myself, so I’d rather make my world go around with that money by using it for me and my needs and desires rather trying to use it for bunch of people who could never ever be pleased regardless. I mean there are so many things you can do, so many places to see, so many things to buy…did I mention places to see, the world is so big!

midaad bilaash ku xareesata rabtaaa

I’d rather bilaash then sold any day icon_razz.gif:D

If I was being forced to marry someone, who I disliked or did not like every much I’d get him to do a big wedding, and a holiday, big mehr, wedding dress that costs arm and a leg and basically get him in debt for the rest of his life…starting his regrets early. :D

Aaliyyah   

I mean there are so many things you can do, so many places to see, so many things to buy…did I mention places to see, the world is so big

You do have a point sis, and I intend to travel insha allah and see the world as you put it. But, that will be after the wedding :D

I’d rather bilaash then sold any day

You shouldn't look at it that way sister, you are not being sold. Rather, he is showing you how much he appreciates you. Besides, it is not like I object to helping out financially, if he couldn't handle it on his own. This is not abt emptying his pockets, rather having that one special night to remember. After all you gonna have wedding once in your life time.

--------------------------

If they could love like you and me

Imagine what the world could be

Chimera   

I once heard of a Somali couple(note:hearsay) who had a nice big wedding. Then there were cheers and waves as they stepped into their limousine only to be driven to the wrong place :D they arrived home hours and a few married-couples-fights later and slept in different beds on their wedding night :D (but there still together though)

keep it simple icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

^^^Loool, you and your stories! lool.

AAliyah

You shouldn't look at it that way sister, you are not being sold. Rather, he is showing you how much he appreciates you. Besides, it is not like I object to helping out financially, if he couldn't handle it on his own. This is not abt emptying his pockets, rather having that one special night to remember. After all you gonna have wedding once in your life time.

Any guy that thinks he is showing you how much he appreciates you buy spending money on you is trying to buy you or imply that you are too broke buy your own bread :D lool No seriously if the guy spent over 30-40K (including your mehre, wedding, yaarat, Sooryoh etc) He owns your as*s, you are part of his fancy collection now, and if you ever need to get out (leave) you can forget that idea, Make no mistakes he will squeeze the last bit of life out of you first.

^I'm not too bothered about the ceremonial aspect of it really. Whatever the families want, I guess - as long as it doesnt involve putting me in a gaudy white dress and making me sit on a gold-plated chair to the amusement of the crowd.

Aaliyyah   

so somali kulaheed...hadaaase ma cadaan ayaad imooday...somaliyed iyo nus ayaan ahay smile.gif

Serenity/ghanima, the guys who get you "two" will be lucky masha allah. Most brothers don't like to have a wedding, you know how lazy men are. I am sure they gonna be over the moon marka dhahdid aroos ma rabo..

markasuu dhahaya ...walalay macaanay isoo xarooy ilaahay khyr haku siiye adoo kale xagee laga heli....

and the rest is history icon_razz.gif

ps. who cares if he spends 30-40 k...he spend it on "us" it is not like the wedding is just mine, it is his and mine. come on ppl it is gonna be a love match.....he wont care how much he spend as long as I'm with him.thats how special I am deee icon_razz.gif

Mashaallah i enjoy reading ur opinions but i believe, believing men and women will inshaallah always get the right person unless allah gives them the wrong person for a test just fear allah and will bring u the right person.

Salaams

Chimera   

Aaliyah it's better to have a lavish wedding 10/15 years after you are married. This big anniversary celebration will re-boost the marriage and give it new life.

as if...

Any brother that tells you this..is one cunning brother lol

-Lily-   

Aaliyah, :D . You know, to each his own. For many people it's not even about the money, but the stress, the emotional energy and time that it consumes and ending up with something that usually is not what you had in mind but a combination of your sister/aunt/mum & her friends vision of what your day should be like.

If it can't be something measured and uniquely yours, it's best left undone. Better yet, escape or how you like to call it 'i xareyso'.

p.s. Having a wedding is just publically declaring 'wala i xareysanooya' (does that sound dirty or is it just me?) redface.gif .