Sign in to follow this  
NinBrown

Questions for a doctor?

STOIC   

So Che I will be your Sleep "doctor" (of course I'm relaying on my Pharmacology class memory from my Scottish profesor-dude sounded funny!)

Aight, you gotta answer this few questions before we can proceed to the heavy hitters (You know like the barbiturates and other hypnotics - drugs used to induce sleep)

There are a number of sleep disorders but one of the most important one is insomnia-the one you mentioned..... (It is a condition characterized by difficulty in falling asleep and remaining asleep during the night)

We can divide your Insomnia problem into three types - TRANSIENT, SHORT TERM, LONG TERM. Now Treatment of these different types of insomnia varies, thus it is essential to conduct a differentially diagnosis to determine the type of and the underlying cause of your insomnia.

You will need to come clean here since your insomnia could be a TRANSIENT due to a minor situational stress (like your Halimo refused to picked up the phone tonight when you called)....Or your Insomnia could be a SHORT TERM may be due to job loss, a death in your family. The last one could be a LONG TERM no immediate or obvious cause (need psychiatric evaluation that AT&T can help you with )

Stay tuned for Che's differential diagnosis and prescription....

Disclaimer: This is not a scientific based evaluation.The material in this exchange should not be used as Authoritative as I have no knowledge nor experience to treat the above patient!

Naden   

^ Stoic, dude, step aside. I got the goods for El Che about insomnia.

Sign out the biggest book that you can from the library, something like The Divine Comedy. Start reading in bed. You won't even know when you zonked out. Worked like a charm for me. Of course, I had a black eye in the morning from where the book landed as I fell into unconsciousness. Even the pitiful stares of people at the grocery store and whispers of Ike & Tina didn't faze me. If it takes being mistaken for a battered wife to get a good night sleep, it is worth it.

What question would I ask a doctor on a talk show : why are you and your peers holding the healthcare system hostage with your incompetence and arrogance? Acting like a bunch of mafia bosses for the pharmaceutical companies :mad:

STOIC   

^ I have few good abused drugs for him that will make him feel good and at the same time sleep like a baby! Now if he wasn't a practicing Muslim I'd have prescribed a glass of sherry before bedtime, but I will wait and see what he says... :D

B   

Well I actually listen to your show. And I thought the one on Khat was very good despite all the bias in coverage. I would expect alot of questions, most people will take hypothetically or pretend to be suffering from diseases they dont have. I will tune in again doctor.

Stoic..A few glasses of sherry will induce sleep but alcohol taken within hour of bedtime will actually disrupt the second half of your sleep. Anyway, the only medication I tried Tylenol PM.

Naden....LoooL@Ike n Tina, that's option. I can't get to the library but perhaps I could just run into wall at amazing speed.