Sign in to follow this  
SomeAlien

hijabis

ummm, im gonna rock the proper hijab from now on (accually im preparing my wardrobe), i need tips on some summer wear, basically the best materials to wear especially if you have oily skin in the t-zone area (forehead and chin spec.). also, are you/we allowed to wear sandals? this may sound silly but i had a discussion about this earlier. me? i think it is (in fact i assumed it) but this person said your feet must be covered and if it is true do you know why?

oh, and btw, my decision to rocking the hijab is in due partly to you wonderful lot. peace and blessings.

cause im his 3rd wife, he says i have to identify myself as his property... im sorry, that seemed funny to me.

*yells off camera*

I WAS ONLY KIDDING, NIN YAABAN.

i was browsing through the selection of avatars and thought this pic was funny, despite its reputation.

Tuujiye   

lol....funny pic man..qosolka ma isku celin kari marka aan arko sawirkiisa..run run uu u yaaban yahay nooh. nin yaaban: "yaa bal maxaa meeshan kala socda, yaa cajiib"...lol

Intel   

Originally posted by Athena:

^^ Why do u have NIN-YAABAN's avator?

Loooooool Athena you made me lough

BTW somealien i have a feeling that you won't get many tips from the sisters with that avatar

asalaamu alaykum,

Originally posted by somealien:

ummm, im gonna rock the proper hijab from now on (accually im preparing my wardrobe), i need tips on some summer wear, basically the best materials to wear especially if you have oily skin in the t-zone area (forehead and chin spec.). also, are you/we allowed to wear sandals? this may sound silly but i had a discussion about this earlier. me? i think it is (in fact i assumed it) but this person said your feet must be covered and if it is true do you know why?

oh, and btw, my decision to rocking the hijab is in due partly to you wonderful lot. peace and blessings.

MashaAllah, I'm so happy for you sister, May Allah make it easy for you.

The best clothes for summer I would say is loosing fitting cotton garments. However I personally find it very difficult to buy clothes during the summer as there are virtually no long sleeve shirts and long skirts. I find it's best to shop during the fall for these items or check out pakistani/arab stores SOMETIMES they have decent clothing. Of course the best option is to have clothes made, I know a pakistani lady who works miracles, you can pick out your own materials and have it made just the way you want it.

As for sandals... I'm not too sure about this one I think there's a differences of opinion on the issue... research it and let us know inshaAllah.

salaam

Somalien, I'm happy that Nomads from here have inspired you to do the right thing. I pray that Allah makes your transition an easy one.

I liked CM comment about the loose fitting clothes. I find it especially hard to find summer clothes which why Fall is my fav. season. Firstly, there's hardly any long shirts I can wear with my pants...so I usually opt for skirts. I wear sandals cuz I love 'em, and I feel that my feet have to breath during summer...don't let me mislead u...look into what different madhabs say about this issue.

You shouldn't have a problem with the hijaabs, go to as many stores as u can till u find the styles u like. you'll find light materials u barely feel. Good luck walaal.

Qac Qaac   

Somaleaon, sis very happy for you, that finally allah showed you, the right path and to wear Hijab, al-xamdulillah and may allah guide us all of us in here.

about the sandle thing for women, some of the madhabs say they should wear it, with your sox on if u r a women. but i don't know the reason behind it. ask the knowledgable ppl here.

who ever inspired you, into wearing hijab, is really doing a good job, and it shows that there are good ppl in the nomads here on sol.

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum,

It is true that finding clothes during the summer is harder but I believe if you have faith in your hijab , a little shopping wouldnt be that bad :D .

As for the hijab ,many people told me that women have to be covered from head to toes except hands and face.My feet are starting to cringe at the thought of wearing socks during the summer but I guess I have to start to wear them one way or another.

Miriam1   

Somaliean congratulations, :D , on the topic of clothes i say go creative like the other sisters mentioned and design ur own skirts, the most important thing is to find a credible talior who at the same time is cheap !

I love the way u said *I am going to rock the hijab * Thats totally the way i feel way out ! lool

Peace :D

Somealien...

Thats fantastic news. Hope it doesnt take you as long as it took me to 'prepare your wardrobe'. :D

Summer clothes...I always wear the same things in the summer, linen trousers coupled with long tops or light, knee-length dresses. The sort of summer dresses u always see in shops but cant wear because they are too short? Well, they look fab with trousers and they are perfect for summer...pretty, light and modest. If they are short-sleeved, just put on a little cardie on top.

;)

Raxmah   

Mashallah, Its great. Wearing hijab always reminds of allah and our duty as muslimahs. Inshallah Allah will make it easy for you.

Cotton abayas are the best for summer if you are planning on wearing them. Also as the sisters above said find a tailor who can sew clothes for you and you can go as creative as you like, thats the best part of making my own outfits.

About the feet depends on your madhab some allow it, some dont-but its always best to cover it I have been told.

Good luck

Rahima   

Mashallah sister :D , May Allah strenghten you in your resolve. ;)smile.gif

And yes to wear pants as an outer garment is xaraam for women. No, there is no difference amongst the scholars of the four schools of thought. This new difference of opinion is a new phenomenon and anyway we as Muslims should always take that which is the strongest opinion for it has the best of daleels (proofs).

Rasuallah cursed the women who dress like men and vice versa- and we all know that trousers are the attire of men.

And once again wishing you all the best and just love your expression- :D:D