Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Love'em or Disgust you?

Nephissa   

Just curious what the masses think about piercings...

If you were to get one, what would it be? How many is too much? And finally, how old is too old to get one?

Eyebrow piercing is growing on me somewhat like a bad fungus, but my absolute fear of some of the loud-mouthed older islaamo in my family is getting in the way. If it wasn't for them, I'd probably pierce my left one.

eyebrow1.jpg

Blessed   

I think their cute, mouth peircing are kinda nasty, though.

Islamaha cay waxaan ahayn ha ka sugin, I once had my nose pierced and all I got was oo ma Bakistaaniyad baad is moodey.. As if being Paki was an insult. :rolleyes:

I've always wanted to get my belly button pierced, might do it in a few years.

I actually wanted to have my eyebrow pierced like the above pic. But my mother threatened to pierce my forheard so that kinda killed the whole idea for me :( but now im actually glad she stopped me. I got over piercings alltogether.

So I say wait for a while if you still feel the same..heey what the heck do it! Just make sure you bring support when you get to face the piercing gun.

Aaliyyah   

couple of my friends have their eyebrows and tongue pierced, not a funny sight especially those who have their tongue pierced gets to me how the hell they manage lol. bt hey I have respect for other people's choices.

I was thinking of getting my nose pierced bt I met this sister and she told me how she doesn't like it anymore, and she is stuck with it cuz if she takes it off it is gonna be an empty hole, so she gota keep it on. Like, I know it is nice at first bt once you get older how abt if you dnt want it anymore? you just gota keep it somaha?....so i dont know maybe it is better to leave your face how Allah swt created it. Besides, religiously speaking hurting yourself for no reason other than hey " I feel like it" doesn't cut it. Just my thoughts.

anyways, I fail to see what piercing ur eyebrows/belly or tongue changes. But, piercing your nose sounds reasonable (lol@ resonable I am being hypocrite somaha... i guess piercing your eyebrows sounds reasonable to you). Anyways, getting any type of piercing is not gonna make you prettier than How Allah swt created you, so I would say you are better off without it. But, walaal macaanto do what you think is right for you smile.gif

best of luck.

p.s. why do you care what another lady thinks of you? if you made up your mind ,and you are nt leaving something for Allah swt. other ppl shouldn't be on your way...somalida waxa laga raacay sharaf.....islaan hadalkeeda maxay ka dhimasa? Nothing I am guessing.

Buuxo   

I find too much piercing disgusting. Although i had a phase,where i wanted to get my chin pierced. There was no way, my mum would allow it , she hasn't got over me dyeing my hair.But i'm glad i didnt.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

p.s. why do you care what another lady thinks of you? if you made up your mind ,and you are nt leaving something for Allah swt. other ppl shouldn't be on your way...somalida waxa laga raacay sharaf.....islaan hadalkeeda maxay ka dhimasa? Nothing I am guessing.

:D @ Somali sharaf baa laga raacay! ma xaar baan isku fardhiyaa, marka?

I don't live alone on a desserted island to afford not to care 100%. I do as I please, the one thing I will not do however, is risk my 'family's' reputation..so in that respect only, I do care what the islaamo think. It's always about 'gabadhii hebel' I couldn't care less what they think about anything, had it stopped only on me. They can sit there and pass their little hypocritical judgements on me all day long, but when it becomes ina hebel, it takes a different turn. Micnaha ma fahamtay?

When I first pierced my nose, few years ago, I wore a tiny stud through it. One could barely see it, unless they really, really stared. From that day on, the islaamo started glancing at me with distain, calling me bad things ie; gabadhii hebel suuqay gashay, gabadhii hebel this and that. That actually hurt me, si xun.

At the end, I called and asked my mom to make them stop :D , and she's tried to call them, but nothing seemed to happen. Maybe I should've invited them all to a bariis and hilib and then they'd be my friends smile.gif . But I know no one would show up. Awwww God. I think I'm going to cry again..

All jokes aside..

I could wear the eybrow ring proudly and make no defense, that will make em all scratch their heads in wonder...and they will soon find something else to talk about, laakin taas aan diidanahay, caay horleh cimrigaan kama baxo.

Islamaha cay waxaan ahayn ha ka sugin, I once had my nose pierced and all I got was oo ma Bakistaaniyad baad is moodey.. As if being Paki was an insult

L0L, iska caadi waaye. Cayda dhiigooda ku shaqeeyo. Aniga waxay i dhaheen, "sidii addoontii bayba is dal-daloolini'e" war ileen ibtilo! soo addoon Illaah ma nihin kuligeen? :D .

Ibtisam   

Nephy; do as you please, don't live for other people! IF it is not one thing, it will be another thing. It will be the way you walk, the time you finish work or go out with friends! there is no winning.

Personally I love them. When I was younger, I got my belly button done, *ahem* someone threaten to rip it thorough if I do not remove it, so I did. I'm thinking of getting it done again inshallah.

Pucca   

i'd like to peirce my eyebrow too...only ma would have my head if i did that. i'll give it a few more months for her to get used to the idea before doing it. hmm do they have 'fake' rings??

How about nipple piercings, I don't understand why people pierce their faces though, it is ugly except on punk kids

P.S. Nephy Islaamaha iskadaa, you are scapegoating for everything.

Nephissa   

ugly? hold that thought till you see me wearing it.. ;) .

Pucca, they have fake everything, I'm sure there's an eyebrow ring too. I wouldn't mind getting one myselft to try it out first.

@Ghanima, did you say "when you were young"? and here I was, thinking you're still young.. ;) .

Xidigo   

Ganba yarta madaxa looga jiro iyo igu dara lug dheer taa is daldaloolisa. Piercing would not make you any prettier. :rolleyes: lol

Ich denke, es ist disgustin :D

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by AAliyah416:

I was thinking of getting my nose pierced bt I met this sister and she told me how she doesn't like it anymore, and she is stuck with it cuz if she takes it off it is gonna be an empty hole, so she gota keep it on.

Somebody lied to you sis...Hadeysan rabin, she can take it out and in a few months meysha wey xirmi...Even hadeysan xirmin, you can hardly tell that ineeba meesha durantahay, aad buu u yaryahay...

I had my nose pierced in 1995, didn't tell anyone, my friend and I went and got it together...My mom didn't even notice for the first few days, and when she did - GOSH, qeylo.com...N'way she eventually accepted it...I still wear my nose stud when I feel like it, but don't most of the time...Kamana shalaayo or don't feel bad about doing it...

I was thinking of getting the right side of my upper lip pierced for my birthday last year, but never got around to it...Still wanna do it, but you know how people can be 'hooyo qof ahaa tahay why do it'...Ee waa yaabee hooyo hadii la noqdo wax lama sameysan karo miyaa... :D

Nephy, eyebrow piercing is not my thing, but if you like it shooooot do it...You only get to live once, do it, you don't like it - take it out...I can just imagine habraha 'naa naaglaqabee tehee maxaad iska caruureyn?'...LOL

Aaliyyah   

^^in that case I will consider getting my nose pierced.

thanks for ur post KK.

habarha ka hadlasiin waxay dhahaan dhagtan galiya ta kale ka saara... icon_razz.gif

-Lily-   

Piercing ends with the ears for me, not a fan of multiple mini holes on my face or body. I was tempted to get a belly piercing once but I have very low tolerance for physical pain so that was out of the window.

Nephy, don’t do it! Keep your face graceful and natural. One thing is for sure, we always change our mind and the novelty will soon wear off. Or don't take my advice, I'm just anti piercings :D