Sign in to follow this  
Hassan_B

The Good Attributes of Somalis

Hassan_B   

Recently, we have been discussing some of the shortcommings of our fellow somali brethren. This is a good activity as the more aware we are of our shortcommings the more likely that will work to remove them. In this thread, I'd like to point out some of the good aspects of our people in the hopes that we will increase in that.

1. Alhamdulillah, the vast majority of our people are Muslims, and Alhamdulillah the overwhelming majority of them are Sunnis as well. This is indeed the Best thing about Somalis. Somalis may make many mistakes and do many wrongs, however, the gift of Iman overweighs that. The reason why were in the current situation is that we are not living up to this as we should so therefore Allah is giving us our punishment here in this world so that insha-Allah we will repent and turn to him and He will forgive us in the next world. The sahaba noticed that after they accepted Islam whenever they sinned they had an affliction right away and this was out of the Love that Allah had for them so that He could forgive them through that if they remained patient, So that in the hereafter He would admit them without taking them to account.

2. Lineage. Masha-Allah, as Somalis we've kept our lineage mostly intact. Many people may have come to believe that having tribes is the root our problem, however, I don't think that is quite it. The Prophet (PBUH) praised people for keeping their lineage and he (PBUH) said this is for my Ummah. This is for religion as well, known as chain of narration or ijaza; something that we seem to be loosing more and more these days. Most importantly it is mentioned in the Qur'an so that we may know each-other, not so that we may use it as a tool to make ourselves be above others. This is nothing more than the ego at work to give itself power and prestige. So still we are in a good position to act upon this Prophetic tradition in a good way.

Anyways, those are two I mentioned, please mention more if you have any.

these are the good attributes of the old generation. so i am worried about the me-me generation!!

all they know and think about is themselves. and they misunderstood the whole clan thing completely using it in disgusting ways.

u see this everyday in sol! god help them.

I agree Rudy!

Many of my friends go to weddings to pick chicks. Chicks go for the same reason! its disgraceful! The old generations who set the standards have died out!

what remains these days are wasted!

As for the clan thing. it provides security and many other provisions but we should celebrate diversity and not use it in an aggressive way that deprives others of their natural born rights so maha?? sxb!

but we should celebrate diversity and not use it in an aggressive way that deprives others of their natural born rights so maha?? sxb!

Saxiix.

Originally posted by -MARX-:

I agree Rudy!

Many of my friends go to weddings to pick chicks. Chicks go for the same reason! its disgraceful! The old generations who set the standards have died out!

what remains these days are wasted!

-------------------- -------------------- --

rule #1:

never go to wedding unless its your family or best friend. Those who hang arounds weddings are real losers with no life. even xaliimos will 2nd that by pointing out wedding crashers.

-------------------- -------------------- --------

As for the clan thing. it provides security and many other provisions but we should celebrate diversity and not use it in an aggressive way that deprives others of their natural born rights so maha?? sxb!

-------------------- -------------------- -------

rule#2:

diversity only applies when you have different races. we are all somalis, once race so in our book somalinimo should be celebrated first.

as u see today in our country, every leader that comes around, surrounds himself with his clan. and then the walls crumble. the only successful leaders that we had so far in our history are those that adapted somalinimo as their priority.

if u go back and look at somali history, everytime a somali nation was born, like from ahmed gury, to the sayid to the somali democratic govts, a western power came along and dismantled it.

why, cuz a powerful muslim nation is a threat to Ethiopia. these pple would rather see somalis broken down along clan lines and war each other just like these days!

so its every somalis interest to look and focus at the big picture instead of the family tree. Your family tree will grow when the nation grows in a healthy way.

Originally posted by Najmudin:

Being skinny a&% and not worrying about being over weight or obese is another one ( for guys only).

Xiito, xayeesi, caato -- no more. Soomaalida ciyaalkooda qurbaha ku koray, kuna dhashay see u egyihiin ma aragtay? Fuustooyin wada socdo u egyihiin, qaarkood baac baac camal. Ciyaal iska wada shaf weynaaday waaye iyaga dhan.

Many positive aspects laga sheegi karaa Soomaalida, however mid ayaan mention gareynaa: Travelling the best cities around the world without worrying about hotel reservations, accommodations and such. Just tikid ayaa goosaneysaa, qaraabadaada meeshee joogaana ka dhaceysaa. Hoteel hoteel iyo waxaasba wareer ma kugu aha.

The Zack   

^LOL beentaa ma aha ciyaalka qaarkood caloosha banaanka socoto lakin badanaa wali caatonimadii somalida waa ka maquutaa badankood.

I agree with other one u mentioned even though I am not big fan of marti galka if the family-ga aan martigalayo is not an immediate one.