Sign in to follow this  
Curly

English or Somali

Qac Qaac   

Umm Mehdar, i would teach u, any time, any place. but i am not scholar on it. the little thing i know, i could pass it to u. if u want.

Caramel, maxaa dadkaan af-soomaligayga ka cawanaya, waraa af jinni maqarooyo, ee wax sax soomali ah.

sundus, what's wrong with my somali. Huh.

Macalin   

Ki-ngoso(ENG)is cool,can read somali but typing takes ages with me.

----Wambie JO!-kingoso ni NOMA@

Personally i have a pathetic way of writing somali.its the street langauge one...nothing intelectual,matter of fact i can hardly reads jornals in somali,newspapers in somali,take me for ever ...the triple 'aaa's and triple 'eee's are very long and u end up putting a place that required one 'e' three e's,and u start saying...'habeen dheeeexdaas'-see my point?....laakin i switch with ease from english-to-somali-swahili!-the standard sujuu language!

LOL@RAULA's-Aniga Somali waa taqanaa!----i like tha

Iffah   

Originally posted by Nomad:

Personally i have a pathetic way of writing somali.its the street langauge one...nothing intelectual,matter of fact i can hardly reads jornals in somali,newspapers in somali,take me for ever ...the triple 'aaa's and triple 'eee's are very long and u end up putting a place that required one 'e' three e's,and u start saying...'habeen dheeeexdaas'-see my point?... tha

Nomad, you don't say! ....Gosh, and where do I stand if the pro is talking like that. Here I was thinking your Somali is top-notch... I thought I was learning from the best. What an eye-opener :eek:

I demand my lacag back!...( :D )

Haneefah   

^^^iyaa, dadka saas miyaa loggu dhiibaa. Maskiinka mid sujui oo saqiir suujis lagu hayo ayuuba ku hadlaayee :D Misa anaa fahmay, niyadaad u dhiseysaa?

As for me, kolba kaan doono umbaan ku hadlaa. I'm quite indifferent about which one the nomads use.

Macalin   

ILHAAM:

Nomad, you don't say! ....Gosh, and where do I stand if the pro is talking like that. Here I was thinking your Somali is top-notch... I thought I was learning from the best. What an eye-opener

I demand my lacag back!...(

---

Nafisa:

^^^iyaa, dadka saas miyaa loggu dhiibaa. Maskiinka mid sujui oo saqiir suujis lagu hayo ayuuba ku hadlaayee Misa anaa fahmay, niyadaad u dhiseysaa?

--------

LOL>.Wallahi gabdho qatarizana ah meesha soo galay, Midna hoos hoos ee igu dhiibte, midna indhaha eeba iga dhufute!...yaab yaabkiis,it must be the TORONTO BUG...

Ilhaam koley i will take urs as genuine compliment, laakin Nafisa....adiga i will take taada as constructive critisms-lol--am being nice eh?..laakin weynu noo taala! :mad:

nabadey

NoVa   

Nafisa.... ma aragtay sida niyada loogu dhisaayo...waligay ma arkin tasoo kale....lol

She- what money are u demanding now??? kaale marla arko refund baa rabtaa??? loooll :D

LIke everyone else, many of us use the street somali language when we are talking with our peers/ families but when it comes to writtin jiqdee nagu tahay...Sababtoo ah, we either haven't being to somali school or lived somewhere Baadiyo lol jks....So those who are saying Maxaa iskaga yeelesiin...listen it ain't like we went to a Somali school all of our lives therefore don't expect many of us to write like we are journalist from BBC. However, I love speaking somali more than english...keeps me love my own mother tongue more than anything else...but i noticed dat i like inaa somali iyo ingariiskii isku shubshubo like mashaari loool....what am i sayin...but what can i say i prefer writting in english thought.. I know it's a crime to say that but lets hope the punishment isn't worst as it is now......

Iffah   

Of course wiilka waan u niya dhisaayay. But it turns out he's brighter than I thought,... he picked on it real quick.

Laakiin, Nafisa, see camal yaqee adiga...u tartiibi maskiinka, si xun aad ugu daadisee. :D

Nova, you know I get ripped off alot, but when I find out...oh boy redface.gif

Let me see if I can drop a complicated piece of af-soomaali art.

Hadde maandhooyin waa Ilaahay mahaddiis inaad afkiinnii hooyo u bareerteen, waxaanna idinku guubaabinahayaa inaad halkaa ka sii waddaan sidii aad ugu babardhigi lahaydeen xanuunka idinku soo fool leh. Waxaan kaloo idiin rajaynahayaa inaad ku wareertaan madax xanuunna ka qaaddaan lahjadaha kala duwan ee uu Eebbe ku manaystay luqaddeenna barkaysan.

Waa iska habaar waalide waxba haka nixina yaryarkaygiiyoow.

Guul iyo caano.

Blessed   

Originally posted by raula:

Ameenah-what is considered standard to you gal?? kada ba igayabiiyoba mar mar...bisinko
:D;)

Kay BBCda kaga hadlaan sis .. not that I'm able to speak like that..I have a really odd Somali accent. laakin, even with the standard version you still get a local hint attached to it - but waala is fahmayaa nonetheless.

It takes me about two / three reads to understand what some nomads say - thats why you hardly ever see me responding to Somali posts - wakhti aan toban jeer wax ku akhristo ma haysto.

I haves to say raula, I find your sujunised xamari really cute lol - waad iga qoslisaa mar mar - lol ha xanaaqin dee - am complimenting you huuno.

raula   

lol Ameenah...aka.Ms London..

I like to mix 'em since Iam neither good on one of em. Yeah! it takes me time to reply/read a somali post..but I try..because..Iam hopping halko maryoole. :D (nothing against reer-somalia becoz they refer to us as sujuu's too-or do you want me to say MLENDO redface.gif ).inan helo ;) ..and u know what he'll say.."ciyaalkaygu..afkaas sujuuga igamabareysidh.."..lol..But I have given up on the Faaraxs' -like I said in a different post.."the de vinci cord is hard to break"...them blocs are complicated..I'll go back to sijuu..(lakini hawa na madoido..pai) :D;) Mungu saidia..

Qac Qaac   

I haves to say raula, I find your sujunised xamari really cute lol - waad iga qoslisaa mar mar - lol ha xanaaqin dee - am complimenting you huuno.

Qof dhan hadalkiis intaa ku qosishid ayaa laydahay ha xanaaqin waa compliment cajaa ib.

Raula abaydiis waad fasaxantahay, u r free go after who ever u like. but who ever tells you, u speak a language or a diolect that is more suited for kids... or laughs at u, is the real jaahil person. go ahead and be proud sujui. if u don't want nin reer soomaali go after the Kenyans they all same...

Haneefah   

^^^chill dear, I think Ameenah was just teasing!

Originally posted by Shenomad13:

Laakiin, Nafisa, see camal yaqee adiga...u tartiibi maskiinka, si xun aad ugu daadisee.

Naa heedhe, inaad wiilka igu dirtaad donaysaa soomaha...well, I think he's too smart for that. He knows I was just doing him favour unlike you oo xagna uga qoslaya xagna sarbeeb kudilaya :D

Actually, most Somali words dropped here are conversational words which are not difficult to comprehend. Now when it comes to reading poetry, articles and such..I employ the help of my parents...reason being that Somali vocabulary is deeply rooted, and unfortunately its hardly ever used in conversations. Therefore, I'm in the same boat as Athena, Nomad, and others.

Btw, I always knew how to read somali but actually practiced writing it via MSN mssger.

Blessed   

Nafisa, willkan xoogiisaa batey.. see how he is trying to get all agro on me

Qacqac - isqoryahow - that was between me and Raula - stop the dirdiraaleyn before aan kuu soo jeesan :mad:

Raula,

But I have given up on the Faaraxs' -like I said in a different post.."the de vinci cord is hard to break"...them blocs are complicated..I'll go back to sijuu..(lakini hawa na madoido..pai)
:D;)
Mungu saidia..

You now, I is a xaliimo and I still don't get the faarax's codes - ragaas confused ayeey yihiin - xagooda ha iska joogaan lol ..lakiin hakuna matata babes, there are planty fine suju, caseeri, hamburger (US born Somalis) and fish n chips dudes- at least they won't be telling you about your Somali :D