Sign in to follow this  
Curly

English or Somali

Curly   

I find that a lot of the topics on SOL are written in Somali and I can't help but feel exculded, because I'm unable to read Somali and if I were to try it would take me hours to make sense of one sentance much else reply. So I was thinking how many of you lot here actually know how to read and write Somali and how many of you can read and write English. Therefore giving everyone a better idea of what language they should use that will suit the majority when writing a post on SOL.

P.S: I'm not dictating just suggesting, hence the poll!

WingA   

am in the same boat P_S and even though i can just about read and write in somali.. english is my vote unless there are subtitles..lol..

peez..

i prefer afs'mali but, nomads af somali can not understood these days! they have created their own somali lingo! just read qac qaac's af somaliya!

i have no idea what hes saying!!! so i tend to use english mostly!!

A7LA-SHU   

I would say English. me no somali.. Thango...

Originally posted by rudy:

i prefer afs'mali but, nomads af somali can not understood these days! they have created their own somali lingo! just read qac qaac's af somaliya!

i have no idea what hes saying!!! so i tend to use english mostly!!

rudy did u said prefer?? dude we both know u can't even speak it so chill aight lol.. icon_razz.gif

OG_Girl no arabic for ya.. :D

LuCkY   

I'd Say Im In Between.Majority of The Time I Prefer EngLish Because Long ArticLes in SomaLi I Cant Stand.

I Can Read But Im Not So Great With Writing-ActuaLLy Its Quite TerribLe Thats Why I Like REading Some Of The Peeps Heres Writing...The Coherent Ones.

LoL@Rudy COme Again?Af-SoomaLi KuLahaa...Youre EngLish Is Whacked Who The HeLL Is Gonna Understand Your SomaLi...LoL.

hori baan waxaan u maqlay practise makes u perfect, marka qufka Soomaaliga eh waa inuu ku da'daalaa in uu luqadiisa hooyo si fiican inuu u yaqaano maxaa yeelay luqadaan kale adiga uma dhalan. Luqada hooyo waa wax lagu faano, luqad aad san leheyna maba uugu ciil bixi kartit.

luqadaha kale wey fiican yihiin in la barto laakiin waad inaad ogaataa mida hooyo iney ka muhiim santahay.

Rudy - Qac Qaac soomaaligiisa lama fahmaayo maxaad u tiri? Ninkaas luqadiisa aad bey u dhisan tahay walaahi, marka waxaan kula talinaa inaad ka baratit. :D

Pessimistic sue - luqada aan jeclahay waan kuu sheegay soo ma'aha abaayadiis?

Saalixa   

salam

iam deeply sadden and shocked by the figures i have seen after voting/ I personally of courser voted SOMALI and that was only 11% and english 89%

whats going on people, common i understand some peoples situation, but i doubt the fact that 89% of the nomads here can't read and write somali.

CK, sis did you see the votes? don't waste your breath. Shame walaahi

luqaadada hooyo waa malab, and wax ka fiican helimaysiin so stop the show people.

LuCkY   

Sue If I May Add Your Question I CouLdnt Answer Because WeLL It Just Did Not Work With Me.

which do you prefer when writing and reading on SOL?

If You'd Made it Two Questions One Regarding Reading and One Regarding Writing then I WouLd Be AbLe to Vote...So I Cant.

I Like Reading The SomaLi Others Write ALthough I Prefer To Write In EngLish Since ITs Easier For MOi.

Me both languages are equally the same, even though I prefer to write my posts in mother's tongue (but then the ethical question will rise). How many audience did I alenaited for writing in Somali.

Guys & Girls we have to start a new crusade on teaching our fellow lost generation nomads how to read & write our own language otherwise we're doomed.

Peace

Love &

Unity

nuune   

it depends what situation u r in, anigu waxaan mostly isticmaalaa af jinni, that is when iam not writing/speaking somali or engish, since my english is craaap as hell, i tend to use somali or af jinni

WingA   

listen, its a fact!! some of us done feel comfortable writing or reading af somali and when i see small writings in af somali i can just about read it.. i've done okay in the past and i was never taught it.. call me Fish n Chips but i do alot better in english..

salaams..