Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Granny, 74, has heart attack after gun cop ordeal

Blessed   

:mad: :mad:

Granny, 74, has heart attack after gun cop ordeal

Exclusive by Shirin Aguiar 29/7/2005

A MUSLIM FAMILY told Blink of their ordeal after armed cops terrified a disabled grandmother causing her to suffer a heart attack.

The west London mosque near the gun terror incident.

The incident began when three plain-clothed cops brandishing large weapons confronted Somali mother Aziza Hassan, 39, her young son Ahmed Omar, and 74-year-old grandmother Kadija Hassan.

It is alleged that armed police trained their guns on the 12-year-old boy as they walked to their local mosque in Queens Park, west London, last Friday afternoon.

Brave granny Kadija leaped forward to protect her grandson, putting herself between the child and the armed cops. She was pushed against the wall by officers and suffered a heart attack.

shaking

Kadija was rushed to hospital where she is awaiting an operation. In an exclusive interview, Aziza Hassan told Blink that her mother walks with a stick and fell over after she was shoved by police.

Aziza said: “She tried to protect him. They pushed her away from my son and she fell against the wall.

"She walks with a stick. She can’t control her balance. The stick fell down and she fell in the corner. She started breathing very heavily.â€

Aziza, who has two other children aged nine and 10, said she was still in a state of shock.

She said: “I was shaking, I couldn’t control it. It’s a horrible feeling. Always innocent people pay the price. It’s really horrible. He’s a child. He’s just coping.â€

terrified

She said the incident had destroyed her faith in the police. “They have to do these things but why didn’t they come and knock on the door and look in the house?

I was terrified. I thought, ‘Oh my God, it's finished'. I thought that was the last thing. I wouldn’t wish for my worst enemy to be in that position.

Aziza Hassan

"I feel very angry about these police. My mother can’t even walk properly. I was terrified. I thought, ‘Oh my God, it's finished'.

"I thought that was the last thing. I wouldn’t wish for my worst enemy to be in that position.

"I just want to stay in peace. I just want to respect the law in the country. I want to be one of the British people.â€

Ironically the family fled the troubles in their native Somalia 15 years ago to seek refuge in Britain.

Her son Ahmed revealed that he hated police now. He said he thought he was going to die after cops appeared out of nowhere and trained their guns at his back.

Ahmed told BBC 5Live: “Undercover police came out with massive guns and they were pointing at me, my back. They all started shouting at me, ‘Put your hands up, put your hands up.’ I thought they were going to shoot me.â€

"The schoolboy described his terror as he tried to freeze: “They were aiming at my back.

"I couldn’t turn round because I was scared they might shoot me. I was really shocked actually. I was scared and shocked. It’s hard to believe that happened.â€

Ahmed insisted that three guns were trained on him by the officers. After the incident Mrs Hassan voluntarily helped police with their enquiries at a station for eight hours.

But she has not received an apology from them over the incident and has filed a complaint against them. Her mother is still in hospital.

Police, who are saying nothing while they investigate, were looking for Mrs Hassan’s ex-husband Abbi Omar in relation to the men suspected of last week's failed suicide attacks in London.

Omar, 41, of Tulse Hill, south London, had visited on July 15 to say goodbye to the children because he was going abroad. He said he would be back in Britain on July 24 but has been uncontactable since.

Mrs Hassan is estranged from her husband but says she does not believe he is a terrorist. The family flat, where he stayed occasionally, was raided by police last Friday and the family computer taken away.

raided

Mrs Hassan and the three children were allowed to return on Wednesday. Former Stephen Lawrence race lawyer Imran Khan was last night expected to hold talks with the family.

Mrs Coming so close on the heels of the botched police operation which saw Brazilian electrician Jean Charles de Menezes die an execution-style death on an underground station, this latest incident is set to fuel more controversy on the methods used by police.

Inayat Bunglawala from the Muslim Council of Britain said while there was a “tremendous amount of pressure on police†there was no reason to mistreat Kadija Hassan or point guns at a 12-year-old.

serious

Yasmin Qureshi, the Muslim advisor to London Mayor Ken Livingstone, said questions needed to be asked and lessons learned. “This is an extremely serious and worrying incident."

This is an extremely serious and worrying incident.

Yasmin Qureshi

Scotland Yard said its directorate of professional standards would be investigating the matter and appealed for people with information to come forward.

Abdulkarim Khalil, director of the Muslim Cultural Heritage Centre in Acklam Road, where the family were on their way, said police behaviour was out of order.

He said: "Our concern are that people coming to the mosque need not be approached like that. If there is any need to speak to them, there is no need to use arms because people are willing to speak.

"They will co-operate with the police. Anybody will ill intentions, we have to cooperate to stop them. The community are part of the solution, not the problem."

He added: "We have good community relations. There is no need for this behaviour, especially on an elderly woman. That's the sad part of it. The shock and pushing round an elderly lady and at the end, there was nothing. To be treated like that is just beyond her comprehension.

Dr Khalil said that up to 4,000 people, including non-Muslims, visit the centre a week, with around 1,500 men, women and children attending for prayers on Fridays. Since the 7/7 bombings, the mosque has had round-the-clock police protection.

He has raised concerns over the incident with police, seeking reassurance that community relations were not compromised by such "unfortunate" incidents, adding "That's not going to serve anyone's interests."

Source

NOW I AM REALLY PISSED OFF WITH THE WAY THE POLICE CAN GO AROUND THROWING GRANNIES AROUND POINTING GUNS AT 12 YR OLD BOY AND STILL NOT EVEN APOLOGISE LET ALONE INVESTIGATE.THE BRAZILIAN WAS INVESTIGATED NOT THE SOMALI WHY BECAUSE WE ARE DISPENDABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Castro   

Fcuk tha police

Comin straight from the underground

Young nigga got it bad cuz I'm brown

And not the other color so police think

They have the authority to kill a minority

Fcuk that sh!t, cuz I ain't tha one

For a punk muthafcuka with a badge and a gun

To be beatin on, and throwin in jail

We could go toe to toe in the middle of a cell

(Lyric by NWA)

I guess I missed the news announcement – when did London become a police state?

Just imagine all the unreported stories and incidents.

:mad:

STOIC   

Scotland Yard said its directorate of professional standards would be investigating the matter and appealed for people with information to come forward.

The exercise of police power to stop and search is one that has created a public disaproval both in America and Europe.This has gained a widespread credibility as an "instituitional racism". First lets not jump on to conclusion and label them racist and bigots who target our community.This case depends on whether police in London have the power to searches and seizures without warrant.If they do have discretionally legal power to searches,then i think they had the right to search the family.Even though they could be held liable for shoving the old lady!.In America the police have no right to search or seizure your property without any warrant from the judge.Lets not forget that the police will always be suspicious of us because of the recent terorist connection.

***Where is brother Jesse Jackson or Al-Sharpton(the big mouth) when you need them?*** :D .

Foxy   

May be it was granny's time to say bye bye to the world......may be Granny has lived long so far...74 isnt that bad to die at...and the police were just the means to her death....could be

God bless her soul

cheers

Castro   

Originally posted by Foxy-brown:

God bless her soul

Cop-buster granny is still alive. May she get well soon and drop-kick the sh!t out of some more London policemen.

Foxy   

My bad, Good for her, soon she will be doing some Jet lee moves left, right and centre on the scotland yard police

cheers

Blessed   

^ :D She sure will.

Ayeeyo is from the Malcolm X school of defense, they mess with us, we send them to the grave. Istubish booliis :mad:

This story just begun Nomads. Imran Khan representing the family...watch this space.

Originally posted by ORGILAQE:

NOW I AM REALLY PISSED OFF WITH THE WAY THE POLICE CAN GO AROUND THROWING GRANNIES AROUND POINTING GUNS AT 12 YR OLD BOY AND STILL NOT EVEN APOLOGISE LET ALONE INVESTIGATE.THE BRAZILIAN WAS INVESTIGATED NOT THE SOMALI WHY BECAUSE WE ARE DISPENDABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

We should stop thinking in terms of ethnicity and work with rest of the Muslim community who are also facing this ordeal. Somalis are dispensible because we're so spent on isolating ourselves.

This is disheartening. And here I was, starting to grow fond of the police and thinking of them as a 'Welcoming Committee For Cummuters'...with their smiles and occassional 'Hello'. smile.gif

Despite these unfortunate incidents... I have faith that the british police are generally well-intentioned.

Baluug   

If more of these despicable and outrageous acts by the London police continue,I guess we might as well wait for the next attack,because London and all of England is quickly drawing a target on themselves.