Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

ONE OR TWO ON FEMINISTS

Abtigiis   

In her self-indulgence and bitter utterances, arch feminist Cara is not paying attention to parts of what I said. Noone is questioning the social problems in our society -men or women, and the unique challenges that women back home face. The education, and social progression issues are not something she should have spent time on. It is well known. I was talking about the composition of the feminist movements and certain traits they share.

I am astounded the usually wise MS DD have to suggest women inthe diaspora can live without men. Way ka maarmi karaan, is her words., Walee?? Ha iga qoslin! if they can do without, then why all the preoccupation about men? I don't think a woman's life is complete without a man! the same is true with men; but at least we don't pretend it is not so.

No question Naden is brilliant; but she got it wrong here. As far as i know this is a topic for the adults more than it is for adolescents.

Abtigiis   

Bernard Shaw aduu wax weyn kula yahay! By no means do I ever allow myself to be judged by confused souls!

And if he was right, perhaps he refers to the kind of 'imposed' knowledge and values you espouse!

For your information, I had a friend who would take all the quotes he sees on the cover of magazines and narrate to us in the middle of discussions; whether they are relevant or not!Just that he knows, we know he knows it!

What has false knowledge got to do with the issue here?

War maxaa foodleey gaaladu wareerisay meesha joogta!

Bernard Shaw aduu wax weyn kula yahay! By no means do I ever allow myself to be judged by confused souls! And if he was right, perhaps he refers to the kind of 'imposed' knowledge and values you espouse!

Highlighting your ignorance again? You seem to be suffering from hasty generalisations dear, so it’s advisable that you avoid it at once.

For your information, I had a friend who would take all the quotes he sees on the cover of magazines and narrate to us in the middle of discussions; whether they are relevant or not!

Just that he knows, we know he knows it! What has false knowledge got to do with the issue here? Avoid

Its relevant how?

p.s I think am doing a disservice to myself, with that I bow out.

Abtigiis   

It is not who put up the bst argument here that matters. It is that CL oo kale iyo waa dadka Bernand Shaw, Luther King, Sheakespeare, Jefferson, iyo hebel baa saa yidhi wax weyn u arka!! That is what they think being knowledgeable. I met their types on many occassions.

Shekepeare wasn no more than Xassen Sheikh Mumin or Hadrawi, waa gabadha!!

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

It is not who put up the bst argument here that matters. It is that CL oo kale iyo waa dadka Bernand Shaw, Luther King, Sheakespeare, Jefferson, iyo hebel baa saa yidhi wax weyn u arka!! That is what they think being knowledgeable. I met their types on many occassions.

:D

quote:War maxaa foodleey gaaladu wareerisay meesha joogta!

icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

The essence of posting a thread is that so others can freely agree or disagree with you, without you categorising them, insulting them for their views and constantly throwing your toys out of the pram. No one wants to argue with qof ceeytamaya and iska ooyay all the time. It is all well and good for A&T and co to express their opinion that all feminist are ugly, fat, short, dark, unmarried, bitter, unwanted, lonely etc, while pretty girls are submissive and grateful (grateful for what exactly?? :confused: ) but it is another thing to try and pass it off as fact and ram it down people’s throat based on a made up story. If you want your accusations and speculations (and they are nothing more than that at this moment) verified, then you and co and get together and finance a study, collect data and present it. Only then should the girls feel the need to defend or refute what the evidence you collected shows, or lacks.

Until then, there really is nothing to defend or even answer to, you’ve shouted your opinion and dismissed everyone else. So now it is out of your system go and pat yourself in the back.

Paragon   

My dear Cara,

I think you misunderstand me when you address me as you did above. What is due here is perhaps some clarifications, which are:

(a) When joined this topic, I did on so on an 'interpretive' capacity, of which I were to be understood, as a 'deliverer' of the meanings of Abtigiis' story of feminism in a more subtle language smile.gif . However, that being that, I've not declared any point of argument on feminism, expect of course for a light-hearted dismissal, of radical feminism being age-related rather than genderly-consigned smile.gif .;

(b) On the issue of Tickner, her arguements and her writings which I suggested you read, these and others like them, I find them amusing. Note the words I used thus far: amusing, interesting, entertaining! You see, in reading and talking to be radical and eco-fems, I have only become enthused at their zeal and dedication, to want to see me convinced. Of course some of their arguments, or propositions, aren't at all so bad, but beyond being convinced or not, I find them amusing. They really are amsuing 'lovely' creatures with which to share company smile.gif .

PS: I am trying to avoid anything that smells of academia, dear. Academics are what American teenagers would call 'dorks'. Male ones more so. The female ones have a certain charm they can rely on, unless they are the like of A. Sucker :D . A woman I cannot bring myself to even smile at.

Anyway... all is done for amusement. Lighten up.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tolka:

Let me be cruel, not unnatural;

I will speak daggers to her, but use none. :D

Cara.   

Well put, Ibti.

LOL @ "arch-feminist". Abtigiis, perhaps I would pay attention to what you say if 1) it was insightful in anyway, and 2) you didn't keep editing your posts. It's kind of hard to respond to hastily written and re-written nonsense. What are you afraid of?

If this is a topic for adults, I think the boys should recuse themselves.

NGONGE   

^^ Over seven replies to the topic and you're not 'paying attention'? I shudder to think how many replies you would have made if you were really paying attention. icon_razz.gif

Cara.   

Ngonge, do you have anything vitriolic to get off your chest? You can take it back afterwards or pretend you didn't mean it smile.gif

Tell us what you really think of your colleagues, or that new shirt you got as a gift.