Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

IT Manager Job

Sophist   

Hi Chaps,

Below is current role we are hiring for. The money is good. If you/know someone who could fill the role, please send me pm and I will give you the details of who to speak with.

---

Role: Manager IT

Requirement

To facilitate the introduction of products created and delivered by GCF, there is a requirement for the staffing of an IT department. This department will be responsible for the day to day IT operations in the company.

The first role to be staffed in this department is the Manager of IT. This is a senior role in the operations department and as such any successful candidate must have extensive skills and experience:

Minimum Qualifications

• 5+ years Windows Server Management.

• Extensive experience with Microsoft related applications.

• Experience in large scale server environments.

• Financial systems experience.

Additional Qualifications

• Experience leading a team.

• Microsoft certification.

• University degree in IT or related field.

• Six Sigma project management.

Role and Responsibilities

The IT Manager will be responsible for the day to day operations of the IT Infrastructure at GCF.

The responsibilities will include:

1. Build and Configuration of Hosting Center in Dubai.

2. Management of all GCF Hardware.

3. Installation and maintenance of all generic software (eg. Windows, email etc. Not Company applications BRIDGE GATE etc.)

4. First line of support for all IT related matters.

5. Purchasing of IT software and Hardware.

6. Definition and implementation of business continuity plan.

7. IT infrastructure in new office, switches router etc.

Reporting Structure

This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.

Expected Package and Costs

It is estimated that this position will warrant a salary in the range of 115-130k USD per annum. Included in the package will be a discretional bonus payable at the end of each financial year, along with standard benefits incorporated with a position at GCF.

The position will be a permanent position located in Dubai.

Baashi   

Xiin go for it my man. Invite Sophist to your Linkedin profile and go from there. It is who you know sometimes awoowe :D

Sophist are you there yet awoowe. I got few kinks to iron out mostly attestation papers and I'll be there very very soon Allah willing.

Has anyone seen the CNBC one hour program of Dubai the other night? Oh man! phew shilimaad iyo nus if you got the good position and the right folks in place.

^^Actually it's about time to update my Linkedin profile, Baashi!

But I thought Sophist is in UK, no?

Never mind i missed this part:

The position will be a permanent position located in Dubai.

Sophist waa ku salaamay saaxiib!

Sophist   

No, I am still in London and it seems I will be spending the better part of winter- it is looking that I will down there in Feb/March.

Dubai is becoming expensive walahi; a moderate two bed apartment in the Marina will set you back $60k per year.

Baashi   

Do that Xiin. Build your network starting with the folks you work with. Make sure you join your school alumni group and professional societies like ISA or IEEE. It is powerful tool. I do get unsolicited interviews and invitations every other weeks or so. Gotta spend time on it.