Sign in to follow this  
Tuujiye

The Word QQaalddaan!!

Nephissa   

KK: JB ga' ka siiso hee, he's the loveliest, happiest, friendliest most totally sane, and compassionate qaldaaan guy you'll ever see round here. Well maybe, after ..

naah :D ! JB wax gaaro maleh.

N.O.R.F   

Their was a soccer match in T.o that my team and your North start team played against eachother remember? the firts game of the tournement... Remember how when you guys scored on us the only goal of the game, do you remember how your intire team brought out the somaliland Flag and started running around like they just defeated somalia? kkkkkkkkkkk and everyone was shocked and started to throw bottles at y'all lol that was classic... I don't know what kind of daawo aad ku cabi jirtay in scharbro but sunta iska soo mataji nin yahoo!!!

PS. I still think that goal was offside!!!

Nice try. We beat you 3-1, you were all scared to touch the ball in case a flying tackle came in. Fulaynimadaan la yaabnay :D

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

Many moons back I was chatting to this sister online and after a while she asked me if I'm Wallaweyn...now I took it as if she was asking me if i was from Wallaweyn and the true reer Kismaayo I'm...I told her...No I'm from Kismayo then she said you're even worse than Wallaweyn…I was still thinking that she was comparing Wallaweyn to Kismayo and I honestly thought that she was an airhead to even mention Kismayo in the same sentence with Wallaweyn and started lecturing her about Kismayo and all the things that's great about it and she started defending Wallaweyn and saying things like at least the people from Wallaweyn are Somali while you guys are not...now can you imagine how I felt when she started to deny me my Soomaalinimo then she asked me to send her my pics to prove her point and yours truly said to himself "mmmhhh she isn't an airhead after all" as I thought she just wanted to have my pics...

My Brother Tuujiyee...My point is...it doesn't matter whether the word is offensive or not I just believe we SHOULD NEVER call each other names...PERIOD.

but to get back to your question...since the war many things have changed my brother...many neighbours hate each other's guts today...many relatives went their seperate ways and even some tribal names are deemed to be offensive today while back in the day they were...well...just normal tribal names but today you utter that tribal name and those who belong to it will kill you ( at least that's what they told me)...

I'm sure your friend didn't mean no harm when he was calling you all those names simply because if they were offensive I don't think he would've called you and vice versa...but unfortunately today all those words are considered to be derogatory and it's not you and me or your friend who made it but the sick soceity that we're born amongst called Somali.

My Kobole.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Xidigo   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

Waaxa iigu taaran daakan isu jeebinayah.

Say what? :confused: Now this what you call af jajabin.lool :D

LANDER   

I haven't read this thread aside from the first post, what I can say with some certainty is if the thread was titled fåqash, It would have long been deleted. Secondly if you have no problem calling ppl qåldaan, than you should have no problem having ppl call you 'wålawayn' or 'Fåqash' or 'Midgån' or whatever. If you think these words don't equate, than perhaps you should step back and wonder if your being objective, as far I'm concerned they are all the same. If you don't agree I'd sure like to hear why.

P.S.

'I say it to my friend all the time' does not constitute a valid and reasonable answer. I think most would agree on that much.

Tuujiye   

^^^ Adiga bax orod horta calankaan ciraaqiga aad wadatid iska soo dhig brother waa ceebee!! calan ajanabi maxaa dusha kaa saaray?

Mida kale topicgaan adiga oo kale maba loogu talagalin maxaa yeelay adiga cudurka wuu kugu faafay oo soo noqosho kuuma harin.. laakiin hortag waxaa lugu sameyn karaa kuwa wili buufis levelka maraayaan.....

Lol@Northner kkkkkkkkk Been maha walaahi aan ka aheen 3-1.. sabaaxad baad eber noogaga dhigteen bismilaahiyee!!!

looooooooooool@MMA

JB waa wadani and also LST and Nuune who I personly know.. Is good to have people like them around here so we could learn more from them.. I hope y'all don't take credit away from them because I know them and like their wadanimo lol because they are better than me when it comes to knowledge of the country but waana iga saqajaan san yihiin ilaah aa ogee lol!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Laba-X   

Originally posted by LANDER:

Secondly if you have no problem calling ppl qåldaan, than you should have no problem having ppl call you 'wålawayn' or 'Fåqash' or 'Midgån' or whatever. If you think these words don't equate, than perhaps you should step back and wonder if your being objective, as far I'm concerned they are all the same. If you don't agree I'd sure like to hear why.

Lander, your assertion that the terms ******, ******* and Midgaan are all one and the same is ill-conceived to say the least. The earliest known use of the term ****** was during the reign of Barre’s regime whereby his soldiers were known by the name, be they of any clan, as some people have mentioned before. The reason this term is associated particularly with the Puntlanders and D-tribe is because of Barre. ******* is a term coined after the civil war erupted and people began to blend together and since the migrants from the south could not understand the Northerners, they called them ******* because of their dialect.

Though both ******* and ****** are considered ‘pejorative’ terms now and used primarily by uninformed young people to describe Somalilanders and non-Somalilanders respectively, there is nothing offensive about both the terms. Another term also considered offensive and one which has been used throughout history (poetry) to describe Somaliland tribes has been ‘******’ – the reason and meaning of which some of you can enlighten us on.

‘Midgaan’ however is the name of a tribe which has been spitefully associated with some negative connotations, all of them unfounded and farcical. It has now become a swear word with an impression of contempt about its tones. ‘Midgaan’ is no more offensive than say H/Y, H/J or H/A. It is just another tribe.

Ehem I say huh 2 da qaldaans and Aslamu caleykum 2 da l0vers horta dadkan qaldaam iyo qowdhan leysku dhaho yaa rabo i wonder wen they say qariirad baa ley nahay mise ne magaca somali bee wataan +land horta magaca n0o dhiga n0oh, i thnk faras cad bee wada saarnaaye marke sidaas dhahayen alla yaa siyaad bare uso n0qo ha ku gor duulee, hey waraada qowdhans u beta woj afka qashuushan oo qaadka ka buuxa or abaar baad u dhimaneysaan n0oh

Fisher man;687745 wrote:
Ehem I say huh 2 da qaldaans and Aslamu caleykum 2 da l0vers horta dadkan qaldaam iyo qowdhan leysku dhaho yaa rabo i wonder wen they say qariirad baa ley nahay mise ne magaca somali bee wataan +land horta magaca n0o dhiga n0oh, i thnk faras cad bee wada saarnaaye marke sidaas dhahayen alla yaa siyaad bare uso n0qo ha ku gor duulee, hey waraada qowdhans u beta woj afka qashuushan oo qaadka ka buuxa or abaar baad u dhimaneysaan n0oh

:D:D:D:D

ninkan malaa sagu ayuu daanka u buuxa.