Sign in to follow this  
Tuujiye

The Word QQaalddaan!!

Tuujiye   

way back in the days in somalia, people used to use words that where normal to use and no one used to get offended by it...But as passed away and somalia ee sii bur burtay, many things have changed and mostly bad...ok ok I won't try to to sound smart............

qqalddaan is a word that people used normaly and their was no qabiil behind it... But today qqalddan has a different meaning!!! I have a friend that I grew up with and his azz was born and raised in Hamar just like me but his qabiil is from the north (hargeysa).. this guy never thought of QQALDDAN being a bad word and shit but ever since he got back from somaliland (last week), ninkii aan aqaanay oo aan la koray maba ahaba and we got into a big fight because he thought I was a qabiiliiste.. but what about when he used to call me xamaraawi iyo Faq..h word and extra!! was he a qabiiliiste too then lol....

So my point is, as time changes in our sick minds lol how many other things about our honest lifes will change yaa?

Wareer Badanaa!!!

MZanzi   

Tuuujiye saxib tinamadina aa mid GAARI Gacan saaran aheed

sxb tuujiye somali badan lahjada waqoyiga leh a joogaan marka maumalenayo QALDAN in qabiil la'oran karo

Tuujiye ,, wuxuun buu tuujin isagu ilaa qiyaamaha ,, :D

Qqalddan is not a qabiil name ,,, Faq*^sh is not a qabiil name ,,, xamaraawi is not a qabiil name ,,,

dadkii miyay waasheen horta ???

See even the SOL admin think those are qabiil names ,, :D

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Cadaan:

What does the word mean anyways?

De it means:

We say Kubad , they say banooni!

We say Muus, they say Moos!

We say Kimis, they say Sabayad!

We say eeg, they say Firi

We say Benalty, they say Rigore

We say Refariga, they say Albitare!

We support England in the world koob, they support Italy!

We say deeee every second and they say Noohhhh all the time!

ps. this word seems to be used in a qabiliste and often deragtory manner( at least on the internet).........

QQALDAAN litrally means NORTHERNER. People who hail from or speak the Northern accent.

Ps. Being qqaldaan doesnt mean negative nor does it refer to a certain tribe. North Somalia has many tribes not just one. Atleast the orignal meaning meant that but it may be misused now. Somalia is getting sicker.

Gediid   

Qald*an maaha kalmad xun.Its definately soft when compared to the names reer waqooyigu u isticmaalaan when reffering to reer koonfuur.Just a few examples....F*qash,dhaka xun,qudhmuun just to name a few.As far as the orgins of the word Qalda*n goes,1960kii when the Northerner politicians came to the south with their independence and opted for a union with the south even after the Southernern politicians clearly stated no power sharing formula on a south/north divide,that was when the Soutern polticians said walaahi kuwan waa qaldaamiin not understanding that reer Waqooyi wax kursi ka weyn baa watey....Asaaska kalmada waa sidaas...

Originally posted by umu zakaria:

QQALDAAN litrally means NORTHERNER. People who hail from or speak the Northern accent.

Ps. Being qqaldaan doesnt mean negative nor does it refer to a certain tribe. North Somalia has many tribes not just one. Atleast the orignal meaning meant that but it may be misused now. Somalia is getting sicker.

Salaama alaykum, I'm pretty sure it means wrong sis. redface.gif You're right about the Northerner thing though, certain people tend to use it to mean ''wrong dialect'', when I've heard that that Somali is the purest form. Allahu 'alem, nothing to fret about.