Sign in to follow this  
Zafir

Those of you interested in seeking a job in

ScarFace   

Very Nice Zafir but its better to get the job here first. Imagine getting interviewed by some dusty arab. redface.gif he's worser than the white man

Find out wether the company your working for has an office down there...I plan to re-locate down there in a years time inshallah. :D:D

the place is beautifulll :D shame its run by racist reer baadiye arabs icon_razz.gif

Khayr   

Someone 'Sober' me up....cause ALL i see in Dubai is $$$$$$$ :D

These are Tax free dollars-right?

Do they still give u a housing/housing allowance?

-Lily-   

Zafir, already know but thanks anyway. You have to pay them a fee and if they don't find you a job within 6 months you get your money back. So far they seem promising because I have heard from them with a number of great vacancies.

Are you looking for work in Dubai Zafir?

-Lily-   

Layzie, the universe does not revolve around men. :rolleyes: I am actually curious if anyone is finding work in the region, it's supposed to be super exciting.

There is also another site (http://www.gulfjobsites.com/jobs/Jobsites/) although it isn't nearly as efficient as jobsindubai.com. International recuritment agencies are also worth looking into.

Khayr   

Do any of the nomads know of someone that got recruited for work overseas through a recruiment agency?

Do you think that they are looking for a 'particular' demographic group? i.e. male/female, caucasian

The pay is tax free.....student loans here we come. :cool:

Arawella   

Khayr, I think the selection criteria will be determined by the advertised post. Have you considered sending your CV directly to your preferred oversea firm?

Dubai offers great opportunities to graduates in particular in the field of engineering and financier. Many western organization currently have sister organisation or branches in UAE. The last time I have enquired quite few firms (depending on the position) offered great incentives to foreign employees, including visa and free accommodation.

Thierry.   

Dubai is a very exciting place if not a bit superficial, when I was there last summer they where recruiting graduates like mad (mainly Emirates)

A cousin of mine who got recruited by Emirate Airlines last year and the dude likes it.

The two problems I saw when I was there was:

- Emirates especially men are very lazy, yet the government is imposing laws on firms in which they have to recruit them to management positions. So if you don’t mind seeing guys who are less skilled and less motivated than you get promoted by the click of a finger then its your place

- Second it’s a suit case country its seems as if everyone is waiting for the inevitable to happen and leave as soon as the bubble bursts.

The plus is if you like to leave like a Hollywood movie star it’s your place

N.O.R.F   

Emirates especially men are very lazy, yet the government is imposing laws on firms in which they have to recruit them to management positions. So if you don’t mind seeing guys who are less skilled and less motivated than you get promoted by the click of a finger then its your place

Emiratisation is taking hold saxib, 50% of all employees must be a 'wadani'. This is more detrimental to the Indian work force more than the westerners.

I would just advise you all to seek work in a British/US/Canadian Company, Arab companies can give you the sack at anytime without good reason.

Khayr, google search you job title followed by ME or Dubai and see what comes up. Most of the Agencies do not charge a fee but make sure your CV is spot-on!

ScarFace   

Just make sure you dress up a white chick in a skimpy suit as your secretary...get a business plan DO alittle presentation and then the contract is yours........

The government loses millions to fake business plans....... I plan to be in there cashing my check :D:D

Khayr   

The funny thing is that I've been to that country and its sickening apeing of everything westerner and the double standards for the muwatanees/bedouines. Walahi, that place is more dangerous to Iman then any Western land. Lavishness is in style there and where the people have FULL BELLIES, God is often Forgetton.

As lucrative as it sounds to work there, its a purely Dunya move that most likely will alter one's akhira.

It definitely Mimics Hollywood.

I personally prefer a rural looking city like Al-Ain.

Walahi, the thought of working there is very alluring and mesmerzing.

Originally posted by Khayr:

The funny thing is that I've been to that country and its sickening apeing of everything westerner and the double standards for the muwatanees/bedouines. Walahi, that place is more dangerous to Iman then any Western land. Lavishness is in style there and where the people have FULL BELLIES, God is often Forgetton.

As lucrative as it sounds to work there, its a purely Dunya move that most likely will alter one's akhira.

It definitely Mimics Hollywood.

I personally prefer a rural looking city like Al-Ain.

Walahi, the thought of working there is very alluring and mesmerzing.

Khyar,

Lavishness in style - wow - for Baladi or Wadani, and white-faced westerner, do not you see the Waafidiin or Muqiimiin (Mainly - Muslims from Somalia, Pakistan, India) how they struggle and try to make the ends meet in that country of honey and milk, the exploitation, the bad treatment, and the real sense of slavery from Kafiils/arabs. But still the bilingual western educated graduate with western passport will make some dough I guess while the boom lasts.

Ah Allah yarxam azmaan : it was yesterday when they used to dive to collect some tiny pearls to eat. they all forget that.