Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

My encounter with 'him' in Geneva.

Peacenow   

The never ending nightmare humiliating calamity continues. It continues and continues and still ending. The constant reminder of failure and never escaping from it. There is no place you escape from them. Until you change your facial features to look apart from them.

I was in Geneva on December 7th and I was passing a small underground supermarket underneath the Geneva Station to catch the short train to take me back to the airport.

There he was.

He spotted me.

''Warya. Warya'' he said in a loud loutish voice. Did I know him? No. I hated that he felt that I had something to do with him.

I immediately spotted him. He wore raggy clothes, unkempt hair and lips full of open cold sores.

I wanted to die and the ground to eat me alive. I felt the searing

electric eyes unwelcome eyes of the Swiss as they walked past us. Welcome to Europe.

As we talked. I understood him better than he did me.

I speak the very weak Somali, that many are familiar with nowadays that is the product of nearly 2 generations spent outside the country. He noticed this. But I brushed this away.

I didn't give him any money. Cause he didn't ask for any.

Still even i felt sorry for him. Walking the streets being a poor Somali would be hell on earth.

Just another day being Somali in Europe.

I thought you were gonna say something scandalous like,him being a long lost fellow moryaan or some hit shzt like. you are here talking about a bum? Bums are everywhere,somalis,included.

Wtf is your point?

Peacenow   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

I thought you were gonna say something scandalous like,him being a long lost fellow moryaan or some hit shzt like. you are here talking about a bum? Bums are everywhere,somalis,included.

Wtf is your point?

My point is that as of the result of the calamitous position we find ourselves in. It is meeting 'him' in that of most unlikely of position. Underneath the main railway station in Geneva in the mall. Of all the places where would least expect it. You will find him.

It is a sad example and reminder of the effects of the disruption and worldwide dispersal of the diaspora.

^peacenow, I already know you are SOL of the year for 2010 (and its only jan.8th).

As you may or may not know, this passed year, Dukey was the recipient of such award but by far you are the undisputed candidate with another award winning euro-trash piece and you have my personal assurance that you will follow Dukey to being crowned the King of SOL for 2010 and SOL's best person of the year respectfully.(I will work on the committee ASAP)

Congratulations! Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged, take it one day at a time and one euro-trash at a time.

but enough about the homeless guy, tell me, did you engage the good people of geneva about the recent news? What was the atmosphere like? How were they reacting to the ban of the minarets from Swiss soil?

PS: on a serious note, you made my day, as I haven't laughed this hard all week.

Originally posted by Peacenow:

The never ending nightmare humiliating calamity continues. It continues and continues and still ending. The constant reminder of failure and never escaping from it. There is no place you escape from them. Until you change your facial features to look apart from them.

I was in Geneva on December 7th and I was passing a small underground supermarket underneath the Geneva Station to catch the short train to take me back to the airport.

There he was.

He spotted me.

''Warya. Warya'' he said in a loud loutish voice. Did I know him? No. I hated that he felt that I had something to do with him.

I immediately spotted him. He wore raggy clothes, unkempt hair and lips full of open cold sores.

I wanted to die and the ground to eat me alive. I felt the searing

electric eyes unwelcome eyes of the Swiss as they walked past us. Welcome to Europe.

As we talked. I understood him better than he did me.

I speak the very weak Somali, that many are familiar with nowadays that is the product of nearly 2 generations spent outside the country. He noticed this. But I brushed this away.

I didn't give him any money. Cause he didn't ask for any.

Still even i felt sorry for him. Walking the streets being a poor Somali would be hell on earth.

Just another day being Somali in Europe.

This brought a tear to my eye.

Thank you. We need more people like you. We need to show the world we don't want to be Somalis anymore. We need to seek European's acceptance by changing our facial features. We need to be and look more like them. That will make us worthy of living.

Originally posted by Peacenow:

quote:Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

Wtf is your point?

My point is that as of the result of the calamitous position we find ourselves in. It is meeting 'him' in that of most unlikely of position. Underneath the main railway station in Geneva in the mall. Of all the places where would least expect it. You will find him.

It is a sad example and reminder of the effects of the disruption and worldwide dispersal of the diaspora.
OK,I see your point. But,why didnt you take him to a hospital or feed him?

General Duke, I think you might be onto something. Urur aan furno. "Integrated Somalis". Short courses and workshops on how to be more European, lectures on the disgustingness of being Somali and solutions to how a Somali can rid himself of such misfortune as being born Somali.

I think we should do this.

Cabdow   

Cuqdoole and his never ending cantrabaqash!

Waryaa get a life or better yet live and let others live too!

Ps. "He that whines for Glass without G/ Take away L and that's he" (BF)

Cara.   

I thought the homeless man was going to turn out to be a beloved ex-president, national sports star, celebrated hero of independence... maybe Peacenow can fix it on the next draft.