Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

MARC SMITH****A VIDEO FOR SOL MEMBERS*** VIDEO EXCLUSIVE

NGONGE   

Originally posted by marcassmith:

IT APPEARS MY VIDEOS HAVE CAUSED CONTROVESY AND MAY HAVE UPSET SOME PEOPLE. THE REALITY IS THAT SOMALIS FACE MANY PROBLEMS AND RATHER THAN HIDING AWAY AND ARGUING AMONG EACH OTHER, WE SHOULD ATTEMPT TO WORK TOGETHER AND USE ANY OPPORTUNITY AS A PLATFORM TO FIND SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS THAT HAVE HINDERED THE PROGRESS OF THE SOMALI PEOPLE. DESPITE CALLS TO REMOVE THE VIDEOS, I WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO THE PRESSURE AND WILL CONTINUE TO EXPRESS MY OPINIONS ON THESE ISSUES.

MARC

Look. It is really simple. On the one hand, we have YouTube. There you can post videos of all manner of things and then read the comments the viewers left for you. In terms of discussion, it's like a baby's bicycle that still has its training wheels on.

On the other hand, you have Somalia online Discussion Forums where you can post links to blogs, websites, videos and events. People also leave comments that you get to view at your leisure. However, unlike the YouTube passers by, the people here expect you to respond to their queries, counter their arguments and clarify your positions. It IS a discussion forum and NOT a chat room.

Now, you posted links to your latest videos. We fulfilled our part of the bargain by enduring through your sensationalist, simplistic and aimless twaddle. It is your turn to show some courtesy and discuss, reply and argue your positions in WRITING.

If all you are interested in is preaching without being challenged you may as well stick with YouTube and not bother yourself with this place. At least there you'll get the odd teenager telling you that you're 'well buff' or some such nonsense....

Malika   

^ :D Easy on the boy now,he is just suffering from anxiety hence his detachment from the "we/us" to the "they/them" rants.

Thierry.   

Marc

I warned you mate SOL is not for the faint hearted some folks here have perfected the art of ripping apart anything deemed superficial.

Fight your corner saxiib these boxers want to go a couple of rounds with you, to see what you are made off (even the women).

Faheema.   

I think we should have a section dedicated to Marcas Smith that says..."Sensational" YouTube links - If you want to discuss Current Issues or have Intellectual/Social debates, click any other section :D

Faheema.   

^ That is a start...Most debates/discussions start with a question, then one usually carries on and addresses the Q. :D ....Oh and said WE, so far so good.

<< Awaits patiently.

underdog   

role model: A person who serves as an example of a positive behavior, especially in some specific field

I believe there's a lot of young adults and older professionals that fit the criteria. So in that sense there is no shortage of role models.

The issue, in my opinion is the 'how' these role models can be introduced to youth who need them. With full-time jobs and aspirations of success, our schedules are pretty tight...and when we do have the time and are willing to participate, we don't have a way or place to interact with more than the few kids we see everyday.

I believe we need to focus on creating centres or programs that are attractive to the most vulnerable. Something stable enough that role models can commit to.

Sports leagues, after-school tutoring programs anything that might bring together the 2 parts of the equation.

Emperor   

Aight!

Whats wrong with you people. Why are you trying to gang up on Marco, leave the fella alone, Smithy take no note of what they say, keep up the spirit...

Paragon   

Originally posted by rudy:

i blame j11 for so lugooying this homie!!

Err, no. You shouldn't blame me homie. SOL needs more folks like Marcus. I am looking forward to inviting few more users. SOL could do with some spicing up. Lately meesha korontadaa ka maqnayd smile.gif .

This must be what they mean by 'crossed wires'. Talking at each other rather than to each other!

I think you're all being awfully kind to Mr Smith myself. Anyone who isn't willing to defend or discuss their arguments shouldn't really be lecturing.

(Waves @ Underdog)

Paragon   

^Oh come off it adiguna. Some lecture from their high horse and the rest are left discussing the wise words of the lecturer. You just have to accept your position as the one always at the receiving end smile.gif .

^ Says who? LoL...I don't accept a position, I choose it. There is a distinct difference.

BTW, didn't you promise to reclaim J11 and stick to it? What's this Isseh business? Fix up, yeah?

Paragon   

^Yeah, call it what you like Val, I've always pigeon-holed into a category of the receivers. But you are allowed to dream.

FYI: old dealings with the fair sex after J11's very own skin. Thought J11 grew old and rusty, but apparently he's become a sought-after vintage. What do you know? Me old heart!

Originally posted by Isseh:

^Yeah, call it what you like Val, I've always pigeon-holed into a category of the receivers. But you are allowed to dream.

Clarification: Are you saying I'm pigeon-holed or you are?

PS: A lot of people lecture, however the successful ones engage, rather than alienate, their intended audience.