Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

MARC SMITH****A VIDEO FOR SOL MEMBERS*** VIDEO EXCLUSIVE

NGONGE   

^^ Don't try to dilute the venom. Let him have it. :D

I have headphones and can watch all the youtube clips I like. I just don't want to go through the trouble of clicking on something that turns out to be the same old dull rubbish I can hear in any coffee shop.

Now

is worth my time. :D

NGONGE   

^^ We did. But ten videos later, he still didn't get his hands dirty and preferred instead to lob these links at us from a safe distance. When you put a topic in a discussion forum, be prepared to discuss them. If the brother can't understand this simple concept what is the point of expecting him to figure out the impossible (for his level) and complicated problems of Somali society?

These endless lectures are tedious and lack any depth.

Ps

What changed your tune? ;)

STOIC   

I agree with Serenity some of us can't access Youtube. This is what I get when I even remotely try to acess Youtube, " According to the Current Corporate policy, your user ID has not been approved to access the site in question.If you feel like it is necessary to your job, please contact IT " . Ofcourse SOL is necessary for my job :D

PS To Mr.Video clip, Opportunity has spread its wares before you.Step up to the front and engage the SOL community in writting!

Thanks for all your comments. I respect them all and will defend your democratic right to express them. But I am slightly concerned at the level of comments being expressed by those people who accuse me of being a 'hit and run figure'.

MARC

underdog   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ We did. But ten videos later, he still didn't get his hands dirty and preferred instead to lob these links at us from a safe distance. When you put a topic in a discussion forum, be prepared to discuss them. If the brother can't understand this simple concept what is the point of expecting him to figure out the impossible (for his level) and complicated problems of Somali society?

These endless lectures are tedious and lack any depth.

NG,

This dude is a bit of a fraud. If you go back and take a look at any response he's put up (apart from the video links) he's either backtracking or engaging in verbal jabs with no relevance to his topic. It takes wit and quick thinking to support your opinions in a live forum...no writing a script, looking it over and not having to worry about answering questions.

And now we have 'Self-hating somalis'. Strangely enough in all the videos he never uses 'Us' or 'We' its always third party references to Somalis 'They' and 'Them'. sounds to me like Marc is pretty disconnected from the people he's preaching about.

me   

Waryaadha..marcsmidh iska daaya...I like the kid...haven't seen his video's...but all this conterversy :D

Yes - the rhythm, the rebel

Without a pause - I’m lowering my level

The hard rhymer - where you never been I’m in

You want stylin’ - you know it’s time again

IT APPEARS MY VIDEOS HAVE CAUSED CONTROVESY AND MAY HAVE UPSET SOME PEOPLE. THE REALITY IS THAT SOMALIS FACE MANY PROBLEMS AND RATHER THAN HIDING AWAY AND ARGUING AMONG EACH OTHER, WE SHOULD ATTEMPT TO WORK TOGETHER AND USE ANY OPPORTUNITY AS A PLATFORM TO FIND SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS THAT HAVE HINDERED THE PROGRESS OF THE SOMALI PEOPLE. DESPITE CALLS TO REMOVE THE VIDEOS, I WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO THE PRESSURE AND WILL CONTINUE TO EXPRESS MY OPINIONS ON THESE ISSUES.

MARC

N.O.R.F   

^^We know of the problems within the Somali community. We have no problem with your videos.

Just put a small note at the end of every video posted stating that it's contents are not up for discussion and if you do wish to make any points about the contents of the videos, I will class you as a [insert term]!

ps we are yet to see any links to the community projects you may be involved with ;)

Nephissa   

^ Wooow! I'd love to see you make another video to reply to the critics. :D . Better to make another one and be thought attention seeker fool than to type and remove all doubt.

underdog   

Originally posted by marcassmith:

IT APPEARS MY VIDEOS HAVE CAUSED CONTROVESY AND MAY HAVE UPSET SOME PEOPLE. THE REALITY IS THAT SOMALIS FACE MANY PROBLEMS AND RATHER THAN HIDING AWAY AND ARGUING AMONG EACH OTHER, WE SHOULD ATTEMPT TO WORK TOGETHER AND USE ANY OPPORTUNITY AS A PLATFORM TO FIND SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS THAT HAVE HINDERED THE PROGRESS OF THE SOMALI PEOPLE. DESPITE CALLS TO REMOVE THE VIDEOS, I WILL NOT SUCCUMB TO THE PRESSURE AND WILL CONTINUE TO EXPRESS MY OPINIONS ON THESE ISSUES.

MARC

Jeez,

Drama Queen! You're not crying, are you?

you can keep the videos up, but how about backing up your opinions in a real discussion. (Which you yet have to do)

p.s. Do something about this 3rd party "The Somali people" bulsh!t...try "WE SHOULD ATTEMPT TO WORK TOGETHER AND USE ANY OPPORTUNITY AS A PLATFORM TO FIND SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEMS THAT HAVE HINDERED THE PROGRESS OUR PEOPLE .