Sign in to follow this  
Ismahaan

Benazir Bhutto

Alot of people are misinformed here. the US, Russia Ok even Isreal condems these barbaric attacks and blame it on Alqaida and its likes but how objective are you?

This woman was been geared by outside powers and she didnt achieve any thing tangible for pakistan except being the first female PM oo ay dowlad islaam ah yeelatay.

Let us not foreget that she belonged to Ismaelia Shia group and charging by the principles they believe in are not my fellow muslims.

But as a woman, she acheived alot financially, academically, i say again not politically that is just hype.

So if she was a muslim who believed in Allah alone and associted nothing with the Almighty, may Allah have mercy on her and foregive her and if she was something else then I got no say.

Ameen   

SubhanAllah, this thread has become three whole pages and counting.

She's dead. It was bound to happen. Believe it or not, discussing her death causes more harm for us than any benefit that may become a result of it.

For someone to accuse her of curruption without proof is serious. Well in my mind she was.....I am forbidden to talk evil so let me stop here before I get into trouble :(

Instead, lets just remember that each one of us will embark upon the same road that she's currently on..Lets also hope that when we're dead, those of us who are still alive, will find it in their hearts to make dou'aa for us..therefore, lets make dou'aa for her.

In the end, may Allah have mercy on her.

Ismahaan   

This is shocking news, though not entirely unexpected unfortunately but still a shock There are probably many who want her dead. From the president of Pakistan (Musharraf) and the army, who see her as a political rival, to Al-Qaeda and Taleban who do not wish to see the restoration of democracy in Pakistan. Whether it was Musharraf/Al-Qaeda/Taleban or her own people responsible for her assassination, the common man can never know for sure.All-Qaeda has already claimed responsibility but in my opinion this was a political assassination, not a religious one.

The Bhutto name is legendary in Pakistan.Indeed Bhutto was the biggest political threat to Musharraf, rather than an ally. Also All-Qaeda and Taleban militants hated her for her pro-American views. This is a very loaded discussion, for that reason I dare not to drop premature conclusions. We must wait and see and know that the truth will be revealed at some point.

I'd love to know what you believe BB's legacy is apart from first woman PM of a Muslim country

Haddaan hada naagta wax ka sheego, and in turn aad ka heshid, you will be saying, waxa meel aan kasoo aqriyay.

If I were to go and say something about her that you may disagree with, you will shout, that isn't a "LEGACY", in the end, I would just look like qof oo "qori" a nobody please -gareenaayo, so no thank you.

If you want to know waxa ay ka tagtay oo ay sameysay, which is a long list, go check her autobiography, I am sure it has been written, if not, it will be written shortly.

ElPunto   

^Perhaps I should word my question differently. What is it in her record that so inspires/dazzles you, at a personal level, so as to take up her cause so vociferously here on SOL?

Chimera   

The day it happened..

My Grandfather: Berzin Buto maanta la dilay

Me: ya???

Grandfather: Buto buto!!

Me: ?? awoowo ..ma President 'Putin' ka hadleysa?

Grandfather: maya maya ninkaas ma ka hadleeyiy [with a slighty iritated look lol] Berzin butto butto!! wa naag Pakistani..ka fiiri wararka

loooool he's missing some teeth hence the misunderstanding

ps That was really messed up how they assassinated her. It was foolish for her to leave London and head for Pakistan when musharraf is still in the seat

ZOLA   

BB bohot achi,smart,khoobsoorat, tora corrupt( it hasnt been proven but we all know there is some truth to the charges), mashhur,mazboot, insaan ti.

lets stop talking about her past and make dua for her......

khuda-hafiz

Let us not foreget that she belonged to Ismaelia Shia group and charging by the principles they believe in are not my fellow muslims.

um zakaria how sad your school of thought is still teaching you to call fellow muslims kafirs while dancing with the non muslims :(

The lady believed in Allah and the last Prophet sawas that should be enough to be considered muslim. If she did not believe in your particular sect doesn't mean she is kafir. The Prophet sawas said whoever calls another muslim kafir has left Islam. Be careful sis and pray for her don't slander her.

Fabregas   

It's looking like she was assisinated straight out. I have never heard of a suicice bomber pulling out a pistol and then carrying out his mission. Suppose security spots him and aims shots at him staright away? Or was he just making sure. I mean if you have explosives it's more then likely that the bloody thing will go off. Plus the government is shooting itself in the foot saying that she died accidentally by banging her head on the floor. Some are calling for the body to be rexamined....

I was hoping someone will post the Gaurdian article, while I am not a fan of hers, I find it tasteless to condemn a person once they are dead!

However we have been bombarded with her outobiography (American way)by the media so the below article may just provide some dark colouring to her character, mind you, the writer tries to be as balanced as he can be!

-------------------------------------------------

PAKISTAN'S FLAWED AND FEUDAL PRINCESS

It's wrong for the West simply to mourn Benazir Bhutto as a martyred democrat, says this acclaimed south Asia expert. Her legacy is far murkier and more complex Read Here

Cheers

Seek knowledge you can find the whole truth about our differences for yourself. I did not make baseless comments, i got compeling evidence, up too close and personal one. When you find, pls let me know what u think.

Legend of Zu, I find it distasteful that the whole thing is so overblown in the Western media. It's Pakistan we're talking about, give me a politician who hasn't been assassined.

Fabregas   

An Answer to an Important Question Surrounding Butto’s Death: Ust. Hossam Al-Jabri

AA

In reference to the article written by Br Ibrahim Ramey on the terrible news of the Killing of Benazir Bhutto http://iamramey.blogspot.com/2007/12/assassination-of-former-prime-minister.html

A dear young brother posed the question below

salam alikom bro hussam

how is butto’s murder a

terrible day for islam

akhi she is a liberal

secularist that called for wester style democracy and

could not even speak urdu and did not practice islam

and u can ask pakistany brothers if u dont believe me

hope all is well with u

salam alikom

A.h.

Salamu aliukum akhi al habib:

Jazakah allah khairan for your question. This is a legitimate question that should be asked, and can indeed be confusing to the youth. I would like to share with you some thoughts about this.

The killing of B.B. is a terrible tragedy that should be treated as such for multiple reasons. I will mention the following :

- Islam flourishes and prospers much more in a democracy as compared to an oppressive regime. The “democracy” that is mentioned in your email is a system where Islam may be able to flourish much more than compared to a oppressive dictatorial military regime. I do not want to get into Pakistani politics, nor is this my intention. But at some basic level, the prophet PBUH asked the Meccas to “khalou bayni wa bayna al-nas” : that is “leave me to take my message to the people”. In a democracy, Muslims would be more capable of taking the message of Allah SWT to the people, and then the people would decide in accepting the message, and maybe even being ruled by Sharia and by Islam. In an oppressive military regime the people have no voice, and Islam will have no voice. The prophet PBUH went to Madina after he was invited and people asked for the prophet to come. Life is not all black or all white. The system in Ethiopia was much better than the system in Mecca, and therefore the prophet asked the people to migrate to Ethiopia. Remember, in the absence of the “ideal” we have to work with what we have.

- More importantly, Islam is wholly against such acts as killing innocent people, without any right, irrespective of their religion, or Islamic practice. It is mandatory to make this fact known because of two reasons:

- Internally it is a shame that some Muslims believe that they can take the law into their own hands and kill others because they differ with them. There are books that can be written about this, but suffice to say the following : the community of the prophet had KNOWN hypocrites. It had individuals who spread rumors about the honor of the wife of the prophet; it had people who accused the prophet of blasphemous things. Allah told the prophet about these hypocrites. How many hypocrites did the prophet kill?

- Externally, the situation is as dangerous because of the following: Islam is being accused (wrongly) of causing these killings or other terror around the world. The people who are spreading this perception hate Islam and Muslims, and use the ignorance of some Muslims, and the media machines in order to promote that Islam is a hateful religion. This is serious since it greatly restricts out ability to take the message of Allah to many people. We have to ensure that people realize he truth about Islam as a peaceful religion. Now don’t get me wrong, I am not saying that Islam is “if someone slaps you in the cheek turn the other cheek”, nor am I saying that there is never cause for “Jihad” in Islam. You know me better. But what I am saying is that the killing of BB and tother similar murders are far far away from any thing Islamic. Islam is a peaceful religion, and uses Jihad only as a last resort to ensure Justice on earth. Even then, there are ample guidance on how and when and who engages in Jihad in order to be within the boundaries of Allah.

- Furthermore, the fact that BB was “did not practice Islam” does not mean that it is wrong to be sad for her death. I may oppose her positions on many things vehemently, but, because of the points mentioned above, would still be sad and angry for her killing. This has roots in Islam. The simplistic understanding of Islam that tries to capture all actions in simple black and white may be appropriate for elementary school, but not for real life, within the fold of Islam. I will mention something to you. Would you ever imagine that a pious person would be truly sad for the death of an unbelieving Muskrik who worships the pagan idols? What if I told you that one of the saddest time in the life of our prophet was the death of such a person, who, in addition to his pagan beliefs, had supported Islam and Muslims. This is the uncle of the prophet Abou Taleb. Now, who do you think may fare better in the Day of Judgement: Abou Taleb or BB. Please do not answer this question, because it is neither for me nor you, but for Allah SWT to answer. But at least BB prayed a couple of Rakas at some point in her life. The serious point that I am making is that our youth must understand Islam as a package, and not be tempted by the simplistic all black or all white answers. There are many variables that need to be understood before a position is taken.

Discussion and dialog about these points is something that is useful, and we should engage in them. I appreciate that you posed the question, and indeed posed it in a most appropriate manner.

Umu Zakaria, I know we have differences with them but still we cannot call them kafirs. All sects have differences we should leave it to Allah to judge us. The lady is dead. She believed in Allah and that would make her a muslim. We should pray for her and condemn the muslim who killed her thinking by blowing himself up and killing scores of innocent people he'll go to jannah what a waste.

Although I feel bad about the way her life was taken, nothing can erase her so-called legacy.

Its so funny how people rush to saying good things about someone, when they die yet during their lifetime their faults seem always clear.

Dont get me wrong, regardless of whether she was muslim or not, no one deserves to be victim to suicide bombing, but Buttho was as corrupt as they get. Plain and simple she wasnt about the people of her country, she was about Buttho's interest.