Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Pay or Principle?

Khayr   

Salamz,

Just wanted to ask the sol nomads in here if they have every been put in a situation at a work place and there was a conflict in your set of principles and your job.

Which one did you choose?

Which one would you choose if put to that test tomorrow?

CHE   

My most fundamental principle is getting paid, provided my employer adheres to the labour department laws.

The word principle is too vague for this occasion. Every princple has certain degree of tolerance attached to it meaning it depends what princple is conflicting with Pay.

Cheers

Sayyid   

I don't care if I get paid or not as long as I help the kaafir's war economy keeping their illegal occupation of Iraq and as long as I've to pay for the grilling of iraqis and the rape of their women.

Do you know how much the MoD defence budget of the UK was last year?

Who keeps this bloody army going? It is us, who do.

I will never ever pay taxes again because if I did so, I would help killing of innocent people.

It's a bit like the qaaraan some of us pay when a clan eleder comes up and says "today we're going to liberate village x from the enemey for that to materialise colonel z need xyz amount of money.

We bloody subsidize this murderous army and the only way to stop this is not paying taxes and not going to work because if you would do so you would help the war effort and other miserable things happening.

Let's start with our community. All Somalis should refuse to pay taxes and they shoud try their hardest in order to influence the white majority whether you live in the UK, US or Canada.

We're already deprived so we've nothing much to loose. If you got a business abondon your shop to the looters because to pay custom and tax to this country would be suicide.

All Somalis should go back to Somalia and join my newly opened school. The school will train the entire Somali nation in military skills such as how to ride a motorised camel without your piece of cloth you wear from falling down and exposing an ugly sight none of us wants to see.

Successful graduation from my school will get you immediate employment for you will be send to one of the numerous battle fields that existed around the globe to work as an mercenary.

The best and brave amongst you will be sent to conquer Europe with your sword, hand rifle and a motorised camel.

Your task will be to conquer Europe and the rest of the world.

In order to do this we need some 8 million volunteers who would like to take part in this grand project of mine.

Please don't hesistate to contact me for further information as I will try my upmost best to make your leave the country you're residing in at the moment and to recruit you to my nation of militarised Somali warriors and motorised camels.

I would most appreciate the donation of camels.

Iam awaiting to hear from the mass interest of the people who want to join.

Khayr   

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

The word principle is too vague for this occasion. Every princple has certain degree of tolerance attached to it meaning it depends what princple is conflicting with Pay.

Cheers

Example

-Your Boss won't give you time for SALAT.

Salat (Principle) or Caano for the kids (Pay)

Jacpher   

That's the written law but the reality is always different. Alxamdulilaah, I never had a problem praying at work. The place of my work has lots of Muslims so praying has never been an issue.

Originally posted by Khayr:

quote:Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

Cheers

Example

Assuming that you have exhausted every other venue and every other means of reaching solution (hence Negotiating skills play important part here)...I say Leave (dont compromise your religion) ..and Then Sue the damn Boss... :D

Cheers

Khayr   

quote:Originally posted by Khayr:

quote:

Cheers

Example

Assuming that you have exhausted every other venue and every other means of reaching solution (hence Negotiating skills play important part here)...I say Leave (dont compromise your religion) ..and Then Sue the damn Boss...
:D

Cheers
What about if you have a family (wife and kids)?

Who will put food on the table and pay for the rent tomorrow?

What if your Boss wants you to ACCEPT something that CONFLICTS with your RELIGION.

e.g. you need to be PRO-ABORTION

or your BOSS or co-workers asks you what your stance is about certain ISLAMIC issues and puts you on the spot.

Miriam1   

I say always make it clear from the start what is Private/Personal and seprate it from work. If you create that kind of stance people will know better then to ask you.

I always say, to people whom I believe that arent like minded that it has always been a policy of mine not to discuss religion or politics at work or school, just a personal thing really.

Your opinions are yours, you have right to share them no one has the right to put you on the spot and demand an answer that has nothing to do with your job.

And if this happened and I refused and my work enviroment changed hence its more brutal due to my refusal, I will stick in, cause my kids (imaginary kids here) will need to eat and I am not about to starve them for my comfort.

If i could afford it and leave, I would fight them by going to the Labour Ministry.

Out of experience ALWAYS ALWAYS be aware of your rights. I have had an experience where my boss tried to defraud me of payments by claiming that I didnt work, BUT reality was work was NOT assigned or neither was i directed to work on project, he was fine going to 3hr lunches!

Nyway took him to the labour ministry and that scared him right!

So BE SMART.

Principal-if you can afford it

Paid-if you cant!

Cara.   

There are plenty of other more accomodating employers, surely? One's hardly at risk of starving because they quit one job.

Baluug   

If you were stuck and couldn't find another job, then it would be best to stay at that job and make up the salat when you get home insha Allah, because while Allah SWT told us to pray on time, we do live in a kafir country and sometimes it may be tough to find an accomodating job. Basically what I'm saying is to stay at that job and pray after work, while at the same time look for another job, and do not quit that job until you have found a job where you can pray at work. Allah SWT would most likely frown upon someone who would just quit suddenly without having a means of income, because you would be putting yourself and your family in danger, and possibly running out of money, and then possibly having to turn to welfare. I would guess(I'm no Islamic scholar) that Allah SWT would increase the employer's punishment in the hereafter for refusing to let you pray in the first place.

Xoogsade   

Liban Temporary Welfare is much better than staying on a job that doesn't let you pray. Surely, one would quit the job if there were imminent health risks and wouldn't second-guess his decision of quitting.

Most companies would let you pray and would accomodate you if they see you are intent on praying. Actually, they will respect you for that. If you show fear and uncertainty, then they might think of you as uncertain and just buying extra break for you to escape work.

Ilaahay iyo Lacag yaa muhiimsan? Not that I am pious ;) but seriously, beliefs are more important than money.

Baluug   

I'm not saying to stay at the job, but keep it until you find one that will accomodate your salat schedule. Welfare, as far as I know is quite bad(not sure if it is haraam) when you are quite capable of working.

Castro   

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

Liban
Temporary Welfare is much better than staying on a job that doesn't let you pray.

Sorry, off topic but I know some maryooley who've been on welfare near two decades. That's a little more than temporary, no? :D