Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

BNP Victory - After the dust settles

Ibtisam   

A day's break was necessary to allow people to absorb the news on TV, take in the headlines and talk to each other about what happened when the votes came in?

Unless you've been in a coma for the past 48 hours it'll come as no surprise to hear that the Fascist BNP are celebrating at having 2 of their thugs elected to represent the Great British people in Brussels.

This result was not unexpected, in fact it was predicted and measures were taken by those concerned about fighting fascism to stop this eventuality from unfolding. For once the British Media including the usually filth ridden tabloids did all they could to warn people about the danger of the BNP being elected because of a smaller turnout. Some like the Manchester Evening News took out front page stories and full page editorials to tell people to get out and vote for anyone other than the BNP.

When presented with such a prospect the natural thing for decent honour bound citizens i would have been to stand firm and shout with one resounding voice "Not in our name!".

I know of a woman who wasn't planning to vote because of her disgust at the mainstream parties, her planned protest was to sit at home on election day. However upon learning about the threat from the BNP she swallowed her pride and voted because she couldn't stand by and do nothing. This woman doesn't come from an ethnic minority and is not a target of the Fascists but she still fulfilled her duty as a responsible citizen.

However on 4th June there was a barely a whisper from the wider electorate let alone a deafening "no to the BNP".

Of the 44,173,690 registered voters 15,136,932 turned out to vote, this represents a pathetic 34%.

When I look back at the results I don't blame the 943,598 people who voted for the BNP, I blame each and every one of those who failed to show up at the polling station.

We are in this situation today because those people, all 29,036,758 of them are the real Fascists because they knew the threat but did nothing.

They knew the risk but decided to sit on their arses, knew that they could make a difference but were too proud to care. We are in this mess today because of each and every one of those that failed to show.

If racist thugs, emboldened by the BNP victory, decide to mug an old Asian or Black woman tomorrow then let the guilt of that attack haunt the conscience of every one of those that failed to act on 4th June.

Brother rants out loud!

Ibtisam   

Thanks to everyone who contributed to their success, the BNP will now be able to cream over £4 million pounds from the EU, to spend unchecked on their party and their policies. Thanks a million ... or four.

The far-Right British National Party will receive a £4million boost to its income after its European election breakthrough.

The neo-fascist party sent shockwaves through Westminster by winning two seats as voters turned their back on the political establishment.

BNP leader Nick Griffin won in the North-West and Andrew Brons snatched a seat from Labour in Yorkshire and the Humber after their vote collapsed.

Now thanks to a lucrative system of pay and allowances, the two MEPs will bring a much-needed bonanza to the previously cash-strapped party.

Each qualifies for an annual package of £395,000, and over the five years until the next election, the two together will be able to claim almost £4million.

Victory: BNP leader Nick Griffin celebrates his win at Manchester Town Hall. He won one of two BNP seats in the Euro elections

They will benefit from fully equipped offices in Brussels and Strasbourg, an annual salary of £80,443 and an annual staff budget of up to £190,000 a year which can be spent on employees in the European Parliament or in the UK.

There is also a phone and post allowance of £45,000 a year with no receipts required, and a daily attendance allowance to a total annual possible amount of £80,000, again without receipts being needed.

The income from the EU will dwarf the current donations the party receives.

In 2007, the BNP raised a total of £500,000. In the first five months of this year, they claimed to have raised over £650,000.

The far-Right party spent more in total on its Euro election campaign this year than in all its previous election campaigns combined.

BNP to get £4million cash boost

N.O.R.F   

The BNP are getting in due to the failures of the government. On top of that the government and the opposition have fueled the Daily Mail and Telegraph rhetoric on immigrants. Then they complain!

Londoners are still better off than those in Leeds, Oldham, Bradford, Burnley etc (BNP home turf).

Ngonge, this is one of those rare occasions I actually agree with you smile.gif

Fabregas   

I actually voted for the BNP( Black National Party) in my area as a protest vote.

ps.@ the first article: BNP probably gets its votes predominantly white areas...........

^ not necesarr white areas, rather areas where there is high race tensions, Bradford, Leeds and Burnley have a high number of Asians.

There has even been cases where Sikh's have voted for them,

NGONGE   

^^ I didn't vote. But, had I done so, I would have voted for Labour.

Still, the two articles above are the usual sanctimonious nonsense from the usual activists.

If racist thugs, emboldened by the BNP victory, decide to mug an old Asian or Black woman tomorrow then let the guilt of that attack haunt the conscience of every one of those that failed to act on 4th June."

It is a real worry when someone capable of writing such nonsense is at the head of those trying to 'save' us from the ugly BNP!

N.O.R.F   

^Put yourself in charge and tell us how you would played it.

Besides, they (the scaremongerers) probably feel they have to 'earn' their funding.

NGONGE   

^^ I am not in charge. Gordon Brown is.

Besides, this is the usual ebb and flow of politics, saaxib. The BNP win a seat or two in bad times and lose them in good times. They will never amount to anything more than what they are. As for the money they're going to raise from having their leader as an MEP, that is a joke that's not really worth the keyboard it was typed on.

Malika   

Ngonge,the amount of publicity they got this time was worrying..Every time you watch the news,there will be a mentioning of the BNP..And you know how effective the media is. This year I made a point to vote and encouraged those I know to do so. I received a BNP propaganda leaflet and text message, which kind of scared me to the voting booths..Lol

Oh,well perhaps its time to move to the 'melting pot of cultures' aka London,where I live I could be toasted without anyone batting an eye..Lol :D