Sign in to follow this  
rudy-Diiriye

Areeye mukulaal waaye!! lool

HARGEISA, Somalia (Reuters) – Thieves caused chaos outside a Somaliland mosque late on Thursday when they took advantage of a power cut to throw a stray cat into the crowd, triggering a stampede so they could rob worshippers.

Large screens had been set up outside Hargeisa's packed Ali Matan Mosque so thousands of people could watch a sermon by Sheikh Moustafa Hagi Ismael Hassan, one of the Horn of Africa country's most senior Muslim clerics.

But when a short circuit cast the downtown area into darkness, the sheikh said gangsters hurled a feral cat into the centre of the crowd, causing a commotion. During the stampede, the robbers grabbed mobile phones and money.

"A number of people were wounded, most of them beggars," Hassan told Reuters. "I've sent them to hospital for treatment."

Suleiman Abdillahi Qafil, who owns a nearby restaurant, told reporters he saw at least three children hurt in the melee. Tables and chairs outside his small business were wrecked.

NGONGE   

The stealing from people in a mosque is not funny but the idea of a feral cat being thrown in is hilarious. I bet you that by now the story going round is claiming that it was a lion not a cat. :D:D

Paragon   

It is a debate over definition: it was a 'libaax yar' or 'maya maya bisad bey ahayd' smile.gif

It is funny lol.

'Geedoow, waxaan ku moodaayey, mise waxaad igu noqotay, waa waxaan loo noqon doonin' smile.gif

Baluug   

I don't find it funny that worshippers are being robbed of their possessions, but I do find it amusing that a single cat can cause a stampede :D What happened to all these stories I've heard about Somalis killing cats simply because the cat was following them? And yet apparently they ain't so tough :D

Haneefah   

Subhanallah, that's horrible. Were they just waiting for the opportunity? And of all places, the mosque?

Shame on those of you who find this funny.

Cadaan, I just noticed your location - very strange phrase!

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

quote:Originally posted by Norf 2:

Not so funny,,,,,,,,,,

Come on....lighten up little, that was funny...
What was so funny about it?

STOIC   

This gotta be the funniest story of 09.I wish I was there tapping the circus and submitting my video to AMERICA FUNNIEST HOME video (AFV)...Damn I missed an opportunity to win hundred grands!!...one can ask how could they be so heartless by stealing from worshippers, but you gotta RESPECT the genius of the plan masterminders.....