Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Where are you?

Intel   

what a mind-boggling program GE is..

just had a virtual tour of my town of 1000, from berked to berked in high res :cool:

Ms DD   

Dhubad

Bogcad=plot=land

rokko

I always wonder where the people, cars, trains were when these satelite pics were taken.

Intel   

i see cars and trains DD

not people tho.

i think the current version of Google Earth isn't quite there yet.

Originally posted by ThePoint:

[QB] Not here but wish I was.

Jofay, Bajuni Islands, Somalia

jofay-bajuni-islands-somalia.jpg

WaaW. Fiji ayeeba u egtahay meesha. Pristine, white beach. I've heard Baajuuni islands like Juulajawaa and others, but never imaged it was this pristine, even that far from above.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ No offence but the pictures are not that clear and do
nothing
for me. In fact, I'd go as far as saying that such far off images would bore the hell out of a Geography teacher.
:D

But since you ask, here is a photo of one of those mosques
;)

1_511598_1_34.jpg

I go there every other Friday saxib for the English khutba (Arabic improving but not quite there yet). A new brother usually comes into the fold of Islam by taking his shahada there after jumca prayers.

Qanat Al Qasba is very nice place especially during the Eids. You can attend regular lectures on Islam (Arabic and English) and I had the opportunity of meeting Shekh Abdullah Hakiim Quick last Ramadan. Looking forward to the lectures this Ramadan inshallah.

I have come love Sharjah. A place probably the same size as Tower Hamlets with 600+ mosques :cool:

It's only ten miles away from where North is but I bet he has not been. Fish fooqal baradho

Its actually about 3 miles away ;)

ps I know a few Somali brothers who live there and their Somali is, well, lets just say it needs improving drastically! Sound familiar? :D

pps nice pics,,, :cool:

ElPunto   

More beach pics for MMA and those who don't have Google Earth. We are in the same class or better than Fiji and we got a much longer coastline.

South of Kismayo

4232631.jpg

4232795.jpg

Bajuni Islands

4232807.jpg

4232815.jpg

Cadale

1222459.jpg

Bari

4233390.jpg

Baluug   

^Yeah, but what's the point(no pun intended) of having beautiful beaches if you don't have anything else worth showing off? e.g. stable country and gov't, peace, prosperity etc. Somalia is sitting on a tourism goldmine but it's leaders are too engulfed in their own interests and agendas that the opportunities for Somalia are thrown away.

^^

We're painfully aware of that MC, forget the gigantic potential of tourism ('Relax on the beautiful unspoilt beaches of the longest coast of Africa..')

There are yet untouched resources in our waters, unexploited mineral deposits, and the prospect of oil.

For now we can but hope we aren't robbed blind whilst old men bicker and waste time in the shamefully primitive business that is Somali clan politics.

ElPunto   

^We have that resource MC and I'A it will be developed though hopefully it won't be hordes of semi naked people a la Carribean. Damned Albertans - can't even enjoy a little positive. :D