Afgooye

berberawz6.jpg

Berbera

kismaayozp2.jpg

Kismaayo

boosaasokm0.jpg

Boosaaso

markayq2.jpg

Marka [Marka looks like boxes la iskor korsaaray, which says more about its historical ancientness. I would have loved to see Baraawe, but all the satellite images were sadly blurred.]

burcovl6.jpg

Burco [The old town Burco looks like it was very professionally planned as a town zones. Very interesting from above, white-washed houses looking like parked cars at a large mall.]

beledweyneeq0.jpg

Beledweyne [beledweyne looks very, very unique and interesting from above, especially how the Shabeelle river snakes through the town.]

Continued.

gaalkacyozn8.jpg

Gaalkacyo [What are those lake-like and nebula-like deep blue stuff? Were it corrupted by the satellite images?]

baydhabosa1.jpg

Baydhabo

jowharzu5.jpg

Jowhar

hargeysatw1.jpg

Hargeysa

gurigamq1.jpg

Xamar was too big for a single close-up capture of the entire city, so I zoomed closely to our house in Xamar, which is a stone's throw away from Isgoyska Bakaaraha as you can see. All houses from every direction surrounding ours are destroyed. Nothing stands, thus the ominous nickname of xaafada, Bermuuda.

Poor Isgoyska Bakaaraha. Some darn unconcerned men built on baqaaro on the Hodan side of the formerly beautiful public parks that surrounded the intersection. You can see the Howlwadaag side still has its parks, albeit with its long-dead flowers. It almost does not even look like an intersection now, but a jid yar.

-Lily-   

I was always under the impression that Somalia was a little more greener than this! What happened to all the trees? And why is the river in BW muddy? Is that its natural colour?

NGONGE   

scribble.gif

If you closely observe the squiggle above, you can in fact spot the precise instant when it dawned on me that this thread is worthless. So much effort, so little reward! :D