Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Malika   

^LOL..yeah right!

Ms DD, there is nothing for free,there is always a certain element of expectation is attached with those sort of gifts..But again there are some kind souls out there..LOL

Ibtisam   

Ms DD. Listen to me, unless you want him, never accept the gift. There is no such thing as gift with no expectation, unless its from ur dad :D Even your brother wants you to iron his shirt or something.

Ms DD   

lol@kind souls.

That was qosol gariir

Mixed messeges here but to be on the safe side, a gift shouldnt be accepted even after you make it clear that one isnt interested.

STOIC   

This reminds of a story that happen to me with gifts.Once I was dating this Somali girl who was so Americanzed.She gave me a digital gadget for a gift.I don’t take Gifts serious unlike our American born kids.A friend of mine was heading to Africa he borrowed the gadget and never returned it to me.He just bluffed and said Waar waankasotaagay .When she quizzed me if I was enjoying the gadget I just told her the truth.She thought it was insulting, intentional, and inexcusable thing to do.So from that day on I hate gifts.

NGONGE   

Now DD is going to tell me I'm condescending again but you women are weak. Accept the gift and it will still be your choice to take the matter further or not. Nobody in their right mind will hold you to it. :D

Ms DD   

Stoic

My sister inlaw is like that. She receives a gift she has no use for and she cherishes it. I on the other hand spread the love around ..i.e If there is sopmeone who is need of the git i got given, i give them.

Ibti

God helps ninkii wax ku siiyaa lol

Malika   

Ah! Ngonge,it sounds like Ms DD isnt in a romantic relationship with the dude dee.She is confused at his gesture,hadii kale she wouldnt have asked the public for their interpretation of the gift..Catch up old man!

Okay, am making assumptions here,better go nurse my cold with chicken soup.. smile.gif

Ms DD   

Zu

Perfumes, few dirac and a watch. But if it was my dream audi A3, i wouldnt ask these silly questions.

Ngonge

I personally love gifts, but when a bloke buys you stuff, momma always told me that he has alterior motive.

Ibtisam   

It is always nice to avoid that feeling of owing them an explanation. And then if they stingy they will beat themselves up for spending that few pounds on you. I think it is misleading to accept their gift unless you want them to pursue you. Especially if they already expressed interest and you said no. Then the intention of the gift is to persuade you to reconsider. (How insulting he thinks you might change your mind because of the gift, is he saying your a gold digger?)

Oz   

MS DD accept the gift and don't worry about the sender.

And Allah knows best, and He is the one who gives guidance.

^^^Malika Precisely why he is arguing her to accept with no obligations...laakiin aniga what kinda of gift ayeey iigaga dhegen tahay...i mean if they are electornics (gadgets) balaayuu u dan leeyahay. if they are roses and suggestive gifts kaas waa ***** do not pay him attention...waa sii wada lahaaye....

Cheers