Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

Ibtisam   

Sheh DON@T GIVE IT TO HERE. Thats how I got robbed remember. :eek: They are business people. If you want to give charity, please bring it to our local mosque, there are 5 different worthy collections, including one for Somalis in Yemen, and poor nomads with no rain and crop failure. Just last night I was being asked to contribute my fitrah and Zakah to one of them.

Ms DD   

But shouldnt we give money to anyone who begs if we can afford it, even if he is a kaffir?.. Let me find a daleel for this bal!

Hello Sheh and C&H

Ibtisam   

Begging is much hated in Islam, and as it is sadaqa you are not obliged to give anything.

Especially if it is all under lie and bullying and begging. That man went with me four tube stops, followed me to the bank, all under a false story and lie. Then he tried pulling the same trick again on me the other day, till he recognized me.

Anyone who has made it in as far as the UK should not be begging, they get basic government support or someone is responsible for them.

Hi Ms DD, I heard you enjoying a long honeymoon through the grapevine. How is Eid Prep coming along?

I would give her the money(maybe some of it) because a PROMISE is a promise and only Allah knows wether she is a believer and in need or not and you are giving it in the name of allah.

Ibtisam   

A promise in Islam is not the same as saying come back tomorrow. I don't think Sheh said "in the name of allah I promise to give you....." so she is under no obligation.

LOl, Ibti Malabeey, I know that you feel this Sadaqah should help the most needy and I agree. But qowlkaaga or your word is sufficient. For me, saying "I have nothing on me now. But if you come tommorrow, I will give such and such amount" is a promise.

MZanzi   

I hate Beggars. Yet every workday I have to deal with these worthless welchers in one form or another. maali dhawed waxan arkay wiil yaro somali tuuksanayo jiiro inta lagalan baan qanjarufo kala daalay but finaly i give him money

My instinct is to not give. That would involve avoiding tomorrow's duhur and jumca for HER so that others don't see me declining her while she insists I have promised her money.If I go I would have to buy her silence and give anyway. LoL. Tan yaa ii soo direy?

Ibts I've been had before. I saw one old geezer recently and he tried to stop me with the same line he used years ago and even that time I had recognised him from years before that when he knocked on our door with a sob story. About ten years have passed and he's still topping up his pension with khiyaana. Grr.

Ibtisam   

^^ :mad: :mad: I bet it is the same old man :D:D

Don't give it her sheh, send it to a 3rd world country please or a Muslim charity/ mosque.

@ C& H:

I don't care who the money goes to, but this women is a con artist and a bully. SHE EVEN asked how much, if she was really a needy person, she would take whatever she is given. This one wanted to know if it was worth her coming back. :mad:

As I said in Islam that is not the case, if she made a promise, she will either have to fast or follow through. It just seem like she said she will do something and there is no sin on her she does not follow through.

Sadaqa is a private thing and you should give it with a good heart, so you can get your full rewards, not cago jiid and feeling forced.

Ms DD   

Begging in Islam

Having read the above, I am inclined to agree with Ibti.

C&H

For us, Eid will be a day out and a dinner. As for me.. Never had much luck with Eid prayers. This time I pray that I do.

Ibtisam   

Sheh, don't avoid the Mosque, tell her you will buy her dinner and lunch after Ramadan, if she throw her shoes at you or just storms off you have your answer and peace. :D Otherwise buy her lunch.

she won't make a ho-ha about it, because she does not want others who she begged before hearing and giving their two cent.

Sadaqa is a private thing and you should give it with a good heart, so you can get your full rewards, not cago jiid and feeling forced.

I agree.

Sheh, since karhi oo soo galay your heart, then dont because you're not giving it with a contented heart.

FU FU,

There was a boy like that at the Mall which is right next to the airport. He said "I lost everything, my luggage, my wallet and I'm passing by. I have nothing on me. I just need a one way ticket to go back to where I came from. You know as Somali girls have a soft spot for our boys so without even letting him finish, everyone looked in their wallet. One friend even maxed her card, long story short, they drove him to the airport wanting to buy him the ticket for to make his story real, he claimed that he didnt have a ride. So while they were parking irida kaluu ka baxay and walked in to a taxi :mad: Fast forward months later, we saw him at the Mall :eek: :mad: