Sign in to follow this  
Indhoos

Hijab or no Hijab

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

A sister who does not cover as she’s been commanded to do so is grossly disobeying the command of Allah Ta’ala and thereby earning the displeasure of Allah. Earning the displeasure of Allah is worst thing a person can ever earn as this will lead to his destruction, whether other mere humans look down on them is really irrelevant.

In saying that, a sister who has good character, who prays, fast, does not commit zina, avoids gossip and backbiting, for the sake of Allah, YET does not wear a Hijab, this is a strong indication that she loves goodness and hates evil. Naturally her good deeds will increase her Iman and in time she will fulfill Allahs full commands.

quote:

Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi relates an indicative story. He said that once he was delivering a speech before thousands of female students in Constantinah, Algeria. The majority of the attendants were without hijab. A female student asked him: What do you think of female students who attend Islamic lectures without wearing the hijab? The answer was expected to be harsh. However, Sheikh Yusuf replied that we should not only welcome her but also encourage her to attend. Any woman’s motive to attend such lectures is a clear sign of inward faith that needs to be stimulated in order to come to the surface.

Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi concludes that we should not reject the Muslim woman who offers prayer, fasts, and is keen to do her religious duties because she has a weak point and does not wear the hijab. Rather we invoke Allah to strengthen her will and help her commit fully to her Islam.

[islamonline]

As for going to the mosque; no Muslim women should be ignorant enough to go to a mosque wearing whatever they want, even none-Muslims cover when visiting mosques. The mosque is sanctuary for so many to hide out particularly for the guys, it is probably the only time their eyes are not sinning. They would be cursing you all day if you flashed them when they were least expecting it.
icon_razz.gif:DWhy do I get the feeling you're speaking from experience? do you flash unexpected miskiin odayaal at the mosque? icon_razz.gif

Originally posted by Tuujiyee:

^^^ yarka sharaxaada jooji.. Xijaablee maa ka danbeesaa mise timo deys? mise isku kariska calaashaan party markii la aadayo lasoo siidaano tinta.. sharx nooh seecamal adi.. isku deeys mise ****oloos ama isku karis? see yeeshay hee?

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Ani meeshaa ka dambeeyo waa ogtahay, meel dambena waaye. :D

Nuunka, kuwaas Bakistaani mee ahaayeen taloow?

Indhoos   

Not really a question for the nomads is it?

Why not?

So a very good points in that, she is doing better than some by attending the mosque and maybe later she will decided to cover her hair. etc...

Yet she has already caused enough by coming to the mosque dressed thus...she made the ummah stare and murmur here and there, then she retirieves her abbayah and hijab from her bag, wears them, and prays. As soon as she is done, she takes them off and leaves.

Like many said, who are we to judge, yet one can't help, but raise an eyebrow at first...or not?

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Naxar Nugaaleed:

i think the trousers are ok but a little masr or something is a good Idea. Its the Tents that I find problematic.

Isn't this bigotry? See, you give yourself the right to mock the Muslim women, declaring their jalabeeb as tents. You also reserve yourself the right to insult the Niqab of the Muslims. This is all perfectly civilised and logical because the alpha-liberal farax is always ready to mock some aspect of the Muslims way of life. Yet, when Sheikh Nur makes a comment about judaism you find slightly offensive, you leap forward to defend them as if you were jerry springer saving a jew from getting attacked by the KKK on this show. Practice what you preach, the old saying goes. ;)

(sorry we will back for this topic at another time)

rather then taking as mocking, you should see for what it is: advice about personal choice. I don't make the mistake f equating garments, feel free to mock the silly garments of any culture you like, but it would not be bigotry.

Aaliyyah   

subhanalah did he just called jalbaabs tents? and yet justifying it wow and hes a muslim man and a somali brother at that...am speechless

somali waxay dhahada inta noshahay waxkasta wa arkasa.....

you dnt have to agree with their choice of dressing bt u certainly can not call it "tents" ...i cant believe ur making fun of what allah swt required of muslim women..

am shocked beyond belief....bt then again they wear it to please Allah swt and they will be rewarded for that. The least you can do is leave them be...

salaaam

The Zack   

Waxyaalaha diinta looga baxo bey ka mid tahay in la dhaho "dumarka is dado, ama maryaha weyn sito" maxaa u maleeneysaa teendho. It is like calling the salat dadka foor foorarsado. People watch what you are saying about the deen.

so, according to you people, describing the attire of Somali woman = leaving a religion. What a load of non sense. Islam tells you to be modest, you may interpret that as jalbaab or burqa or chador or who the hell knows but equating Islam with a certain dress or a tent in my case is what really "takes you out of the religion."

Aaliyyah   

equating Islam with a certain dress or a tent in my case is what really "takes you out of the religion."

no one equated islam to one dress code. Islam has many aspects, but dressing in a modest way is one of the first things that it emphasizes on specially on muslim woman. That does not mean they have to wear jalbab, i dnt even wear it.There are many ways to dress modestly. However, for you to call that dress code tents is soo disrespectful and ignorant.

salaam

and the confusion continues: wearing a jalbab is not a dress code but hideous dress. To misconstrue my opinion of how certain Somalis interpret islamic modesty as an attack on modesty is the true ignorance and yes those colorful personal tents are exactly that.