Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Best and Worst Somali restaurants!

Jacpher   

One thing that ALL Somali restaurants/businesses have in common is that they take you for granted. Regardless of their service to Somali customers, they think that another Somali will always bring money or conduct business with them so they don't focus much on customer relations or try hard enough to offer a pleasant service. One particular observation I made is Safari Restaurant in Minneapolis. I have been to that restaurant a zillion times and I know the owners but I never receive the service the non-Somalis or whites receive. A non-Somali customer will be greeted politely, welcomed, seated, given appetizers/snacks and later asked frequently if they are satisfied. Somalis don’t receive this kind of services. Why you might ask? The non-Somalis will not return if they aren’t treated that way. If you’re maryooleey you’re lucky if your order is taken or mistakenly given a wrong order. They try hard to win the hearts of other customers but Somalis are not important to them. This is wrong and I want to receive a good service since I am paying for it. Somali businesses make their money mostly from Somalis so they should value their people more than others or at least equally. Indian Ocean is good restaurant except that you will see a new waiter/chef every time you go there.

Pujah   

Safari and indian ocean are great ones both in mnpls but their service is another story. in cols Marka bistro is the best but you gotta have alot of time on your hand if you go there....it takes forever to get their saxan bariis .. :eek:

Nephissa   

i'm yet to see a decent Somali rest. Bad Customer Service, saxanka oo duulaya bay ku soo ag dhigayan, & have to beg for napkins, utensils ( they assume every somali eats with their fingers) :rolleyes:

Xoogsade   

Xamdi restaurant isn't that bad. Your order gets delivered late during weekends, but other than that, their fried chicken and rice is better than what Bishaaro cooks I suppose lol. I prefer cooking than eating out all the time.

king_450   

What you know, by living in East Coast specifically VA, we don't have that many Somali Restaurants they don't even have names like y'all mentioning in here. Well i guess i need to come and check Mn to check out "Hamdi Restaurant".In a note what ever happened cooking at home? No more cooking going around these neck of the woods.

raula   

Hamdi is alright(typically ethnic in service and food). SAFARI is my fav ;) contemporary yet somali in the core :D Oh! Iam overdue for the Shrimp dinner icon_razz.gif and the tune blazing from the speakers garnishes the 'calming/cool environment'(OFCOURSE it happens to be my fav station in MN) icon_razz.gif 24/7-KJZI.

Here is a haiku....

attracting hippie brainy types

words dripping with sautéed synopses

similar to the food gazing at you

the tune above inducing euphoric

like you on an african SAFARI

icon_razz.gif