Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Best and Worst Somali restaurants!

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Phantasma:

^ For a minute there I thought you were actually going to help me. Oh well...no matter. I know wembley isnt in ur part of the world. :cool:

I didn’t think you needed much help there, silly. If you’re mad enough to take your work colleagues to a Somali restaurant that you have not been in before, who am I to try to help you? I would not take my own father to one of those (not unless I’m 100% sure that it is a good place). Can you imagine it turning out all rubbish and dirty? He’ll disown me and assume that these are the sorts of faaraxs I mix with. :rolleyes:

My advice to you is to cook at home (you can cook, can’t you? icon_razz.gif ) and bring the food to work. It works out cheaper too and a couple of pots won’t break your delicate back either. :D

Norf + Amethyst

LoL... I would definitely do that if it was an evening dinner type of thing. But its just a lunch thing...I can't go far (altho they all drive, the lazy bunch).

Plus, they insist on having somali food. And I wouldnt mind showing off our food if I could be sure it would be deliciously made and beautifully presented.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I didn’t think you needed much help there, silly. If you’re mad enough to take your work colleagues to a Somali restaurant that you have not been in before, who am I to try to help you? I would not take my own father to one of those (not unless I’m 100% sure that it is a good place). Can you imagine it turning out all rubbish and dirty? He’ll disown me and assume that these are the sorts of faaraxs I mix with. :rolleyes:

My advice to you is to cook at home (you can cook, can’t you?
icon_razz.gif
) and bring the food to work. It works out cheaper too and a couple of pots won’t break your delicate back either.
:D

That has got to be the worst advice I have ever received. Why on earth would I cook and then lug it all to work when I can just go to a restaurant? I cant see the logic in that.

Also, I have 1 and a half weeks to find a nice restaurant, which I will of course visit before I take anyone there. Are you mad? I have no desire to embarrass myself like that. If I cant find a good somali place I will just settle for a Thai restaurant. That was my initial choice anyway, before they started pestering me about somali food.

Try and turn it into an evening do if they're adamant on trying Somali food. If not go Thai. I don't think there's anywhere in Wembley that's Somali and salmonella free. Wait, do they even serve chicken or is it hilib all the way?

Why are we so dirty in our eating-out places?

underdog   

Thai Restaurant???? They'll cook you some snake or a duck boiled in honey with its head still attached to its body. UUFF!!!

Why not have take out Somali food delivered?

Find your best restaurant and tell them you have a business function and you need a small feast delivered.

Apply yourself.

NGONGE   

Pfffft! At least if you cooked (if you can cook that is) you'll be able to take the glory of a meal well made, instead of the reflected glory of using a Somali restaurant. I knew you were beyond any help. :rolleyes:

Some people are just not practical enough. Oh, well, we can’t all be the same I suppose. :cool:

N.O.R.F   

^^the food will arrive an hour late,

Phanta, just take the day off sick, say it was food poisening, then they will go Thia :D :cool:

^ Going out for lunch is the best bit of the day. Am not gonna miss it. :cool:

Sheh,

LoL...Lets not go there. :D

Yeah, it will prolly end up being Thai...but its a little sad. I wouldn't have minded a nice bariis and suqaar.

UD,

Is that what happens in Canadian Thai restaurants? :D

I'll have you know I have been to plenty of Thai places and the food is always out of this world. I havent found any other type of cuisine that comes even close to Thai.

Also, the point of the lunch-outing is to get out of the office.

NGONGE

I'll only cook if there is a threat of physical violence against me. Otherwise no can do. :D

....Says the gourmand :D (NGONGE)

UD,I take it you haven’t had the distinct pleasure of indulging in savoury sweet-n-sour Thai meals. **dribbles at the mere mention**. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it dude.

LOL Northerner, she should say she'd been to a Somali restaurant the night b4 where she picked up something nasty bug whose spelling has 25 consonants. They'll never bring up Somali food again. LOL.

Sad indeed. No decent foodie place in all of Wembley?? It's little Somalia for God's sake. A good business idea for anyone that way inclined methinks.

NGONGE   

Tsk tsk! Young women these days, they all can't cook anymore (I'm including your sidekick here by the way). I bet all your curries are watery and people usually mistake them for soup!

Here is an idea; when you finally find your Somali restaurant, ask the Chef to throw in a demonstration on how to cook a certain dish (one that you don’t know how to make yourself :rolleyes: ). Many restaurants do that you see. Your colleagues will be impressed and you’ll learn how to cook.

PS

Take your sidekick with you.

NG,

Learn how to cook? Heh. I know how to cook, I just dont have the desire or patience to spend more than 15 minutes in the kitchen. As you know it takes a solid hour at least to conconct anything semi-decent.

LoL @ side-kick. You're so mean. :D