Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Best and Worst Somali restaurants!

Modesty   

Hey!

There are alot of good Somali restaurants I know about in Minnesota and Canada.However, the chefs are another story. For one, I know this somali chef dude that is so raggedy that he makes broke bob look rich! The guy is dirty, he goes to work with his hands all greasy and dirty..it's sickening! To think that we eat at those places with the ones we love and ourselfs!

I don't want to name them for fear that I might be sued, but any1 is free to share..where ever you are in the World. :D

Bachelor   

Recently i been to Canada and i saw few somali resturants and as for me Xamdi(Hamdi) is #1. The reason i said this is because they offer Warm Hospitality, delicious food, with clean enviroment. In Minnapolis, Newly opened Resturant Faynoos very clean and good food. Lots of bad Somali resturants therefore no need to mention. Reason: to aviod law suit as well although i am exteremely poor.

Qac Qaac   

Lol @ modesty what a way to be back.

that is how u make an entrance.. ciyaal malaaquus.

i agree Xamdi is # 1 for me too.

but about the dirty ness come i don't care. every restaurant is like that. atleast theese guys are somali. just say bismillah and eat it.

Juxa   

mmmmmmmm i must say OCEAN in north london, food is delicious, atmosphere is warm, tirimusu does his trick of picking yr soul.

ocean shepherpush, i dont know, its too small, feels like confinement. the rest are just more or less biibitooyin and old man's clubs

NGONGE   

I’m yet to see a Somali restaurant that I could class as being the best (best of a bad bunch, maybe!). Some Somali “restaurants” are nothing but a glorified coffee shop, while others look like real restaurants, feel like real restaurants but the service is typically Somali. Even those that make it a rule to dress their waiters up in shirts and ties, still have the dreaded Somali touch!

Picture the scene; you walk into a restaurant, the manger comes running and starts shuffling about you and walking you to your seat. You sit down, pick up the menu and look at the delights on display. The clean looking and well-dressed waiter comes to take your order. You pick something that sounds nice out of the menu; the waiter scowls and tells you that it’s finished! All they have is Barees and Pasto! That’s always all they have. You give in and decide to sample their tasty Barees. The waiter brings you a big plate full of the stuff. It’s either cold or very very hot. He brings you a couple of drinks and as he picks them out of the tray, he sticks his thumb inside the cups (to get a better grip I suppose). Then the bill arrives......

Ok, Y'all are making me hungry thinking about somali food.

But I think that Hamdi is the best in T.O. I like xamarwayne's desserts, especially the coconut one!

Jumatatu   

The problem with Somali restaurants is they set their targets as only Somali clients, and that is why they take for granted their customers would like whatever they dish out at them. While other restaurants who offer an international cuisine( eg Indian, Chinese, etc.) try their utmost best to woo the locals.

Having said that I would like to say kudos to Equatore in Harlesden for setting out a new trend in somali retaurants'. Anyone who has not yet been there can say that he/she has not yet been to the best Somali restaurant in London.

Here is my list

Best restaurants

1)Xamdi (tdot)

2)Afgooye(tdot)

3)safari(mpls)

4)taariq(mpls)

5)marka cadeey(ottawa)

6)xamdi(denvor)

7)warsan(chicago)

Worst restaurants

1)wagad (tdot)

2)xamar weyne(tdot)

3)banadir(tdot)

4)madina(mpls)

5)samusa villege(ottawa)

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Modesty:

I think the best restaurant in Minnesota is YES..Indian Ocean..Very clean..good service!
smile.gif

could you please tell me where its located at ?

Modesty   

Hey Darman!!

Indian Ocean is actually a new restaurant so it's not well known yet, but it's located 13th and 11th street. Take Franklin going to MPLS, when you see 11th street make a right, go over the brigde a little bit, and when you see 13th st. pass the little intersection alittle and on your right side. Park your car in the parrellel parking in front of the restaurant(Parking will say to park for 30 mins. but you can park however long you want)And if you can't find it ask ppl around that place.

Blessed   

Looks like am going to have to represent Britain....

Blue Ocean (North London)

Clean, beautiful food (and trust me, I'm fussy with my food). Nice atmosphere, friendly service... and very female friendly.

Blue Ocean (West London)

As above, but not as nice... well, it is in the West.

Iman(North London)

Very, very beautiful. Is slowly evolving into a Farah only venture... :(

the rest are for booga caydha typ of faarax's...it's bad enough walking by...

Xamdi T.dot = over rated.

Dry bariis with fried drumsticks.. need i say more?

lool

Go amaani, go meenah_________fried drum sticks did you say blimey mate :D

I second that Oceans has so far been a cut above the other resturants i have visted.

Mind you a tasty little place has opended up (now almost 2 months )down my way (Name-less mind ;) ).

The Food is Delicous icon_razz.gif

The Variety is postively stressfull :confused:

The service is warm :cool:

and The Ambiance is refreshing.

Blessed   

^^Aha! I’ve heard good things about that place. I was even looking forward to deining there. Then, I was told that it is a Farax ting. :mad:

*feels deprived of good Somali food*

It's aight though, since it's that good. Can I negotiate a delivery of the goods from you Suj....

ahh well the cliently so far have been of the male persaution lol, but i dont think its the intention, infact i know its not the intention to create another dry drib farax cave ;) .

Once its on full throtle i think it will be safer for the Xalimos oops sorry did i say xalimo's lol, i ment it will cater to the female population aswell smile.gif