Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Best and Worst Somali restaurants!

underdog   

Originally posted by Amethyst:

UD
,I take it you haven’t had the distinct pleasure of indulging in savoury sweet-n-sour Thai meals.
**dribbles at the mere mention**
. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it dude.

I have no intention of eating anything from South East Asia. Those "savoury sweet-n-sour Thai meals" seem to have a consistently relative relation to mysterious disapperances of local pets. Lock up you cats and dogs there's a Thai joint opening up the street.

I think you girls should really reconsider what it is you eat.

Is there even a Halaal version of Thai food?

^^Don't be silly, of course there is. Everything is Halaal in London these days. Anyway, what is it with this 'pets for food' crap that Somalis are fascinated with? If they like their dog-meat in South East Asia, fine. But if I order a Thai Green Curry in South London, I dont expect to find a puppy in there.

NGONGE, Soomaalidu waxay tidhaahda, “maroodiba takarta saaran ma ahan eh, takale uun buu arkaâ€â€¦ in simpler Somali - dadka waxa lagu caayaa waxaad adigu garaneysid. So, what can you cook? Unless you were being sexist…in which case, icon_razz.gif

p.s. I’m having a hard time deciding who is most likely to be the sidekick. :D

UD, you know that’s just typecasting! How about you expand your taste? geeljire waaxid.

underdog   

If had any cooking skills you would know that when preparing dishes in a kitchen things get "inter-used". so the chef might have snoopy simmering in a pot and use the broth to stiffen up the Green Thai Curry.

so put it this way, if dog, cat, snake, snail, pig, bat, lizard (gecko or Iguana), frog, tadpole mokey brain, tiger tail, sea lion, have at one time or another made an appreance in that kitchen, I wouldn't even drink the water out of a freshly opened Dasani bottle.

I'd rather deal with the nasty bug whose spelling has 25 consonants.

NGONGE   

^^^^ I'm good, real good. The sidekick thing is shared equally between you two. icon_razz.gif

chef.gif

PS

I like the way that when your cooking ability was exposed, you tried to compensate by 'showing off' your Somali ability. :D

^ To be fair, the menu doesnt contain such "delicacies" in most Thai restaurants here. Only the usual meat, chicken, fish, etc.

I like the way that when your cooking ability was exposed, you tried to compensate by 'showing off' your Somali ability

NGONGE, Yous a joka! Atleast you concede to my Somali ability. (which again seems like a farfetched idea for you) :D

N.O.R.F   

Lock up you cats and dogs there's a Thai joint opening up the street.

lol

I tried a chinese once, took one fork full of egg fried rice and tuna chunks, i was nearly sick :( and never took another bite. It cost me £15.99 for one spoonful of dire tasting food :mad: . If Thia is similra then no thanx.

Tut tut tut @ UD

I know what your problem is, you're like my dad. Good food consists entirely of bariis and hilib. Everything else is suspicious and unedible. I agree with Amethyst...u do need to expand your horizon. icon_razz.gif

FF,

McD's was good enough when I was still receiving an allowance from mummy dearest. But it isnt now. :D

Norf,

LoL...

I find chinese food too bland. I cant eat Indian because its always too spicy, even in its 'mild' forms. Thai is in the middle...its like a mixture of the two. That's what's so great about it.

Originally posted by Northerner:

I tried a chinese once, took one fork full of egg fried rice and tuna chunks, i was nearly sick
:(
and never took another bite. It cost me £15.99 for one spoonful of dire tasting food :mad:

Bal sug...u ordered egg-fried rice and tuna chunks ( :eek: )? WHY?

LoL...I just noticed what you wrote. What a combination, no wonder you were sick!

Somali men are so blinkered. Hilib and bariis!

UD, Thai food rocks. It's halal for the Thai Muslims that don't do alsatian a la suugo. Go seek some out. I crave Thai food. I cooked a meal once that had my father declaring, 'That was the best curry I've ever eaten!'. It was Thai and he's very Somali and all hilib, hilib, hilib. There is hope for you yet. smile.gif

Ngonge, did u say side kick?

STOIC   

One of the most intresting aspect of our culture is its ability to maintain our many older customs of ladies learning how to cook before they can even get...fill the blank.

Computer -aided waitress in Denny's style restaurants is not what you will find in Somali restaurant.The waiters are rude and cough without saying excuse me!.So stick to your Thai-restaurant but make sure you order the following food

1. Fried rice-field grashoppers slightly seasoned with soy

2. Fried Cicada with spaghetti

3. Boiled wasp larvae as a soup

4. Larvae of aquatic insect boiled in a soy sauce.

And also don't forget fried pupae of moth (you love this..tried it once in a Japanese restaurant).

If you find the above menu too harsh for your taste appreciate your rude Somali waiter and stick to your Bariis and Hilib diet!

^ Sounds yummy. I have always wanted to try wasp larvae. ;)

A simple enquiry about a restaurant and they chastise you for not cooking. Bunch of backward plonkers. :rolleyes: