Sign in to follow this  
Modesty

Best and Worst Somali restaurants!

NGONGE   

Good news, good news, I hear a Masri guy has opened a coffee shop in Upton Park with sheesha and all the other bits. His partner is Somali (actually both his partners are - his wife is Somali and his business partner is Somali too).

I hear it's the best place in town.

OG_Girl   

I never been in Somali restaurants or even heard it..hmm maybe I don't follow Somali news in my little tiny country!.

But,heyy is all good to try different things from defferent people.

Salam

loool wow news travels quite fast these days, the owner wil be a happy man smile.gif

Good news, good news, I hear a Masri guy has opened a coffee shop in Upton Park with sheesha and all the other bits. His partner is Somali (actually both his partners are - his wife is Somali and his business partner is Somali too).

Actually saxiib its the other way around with the masri guy working in conjunction with the Somali Owner, his food is the best i have tested for a long while :D

Tweety:

^^Aha! I’ve heard good things about that place. I was even looking forward to deining there. Then, I was told that it is a Farax ting.

^^ Hey, thats just crap! I thought it was going to be a unisex kinda place?

Shujui...let the management know we aint happy!

*Scowls* :mad:

Jumatatu,

Tell me about the Harlesden restaurant...I havent heard of it b4. When was it opened? Is it xaliimo-friendly? And most importantly, how varied and delish is the dessert menu?

I gotta agree with Tweety and Juxa here...

Oceans in Haringey is by far the best when it comes to food. The bariis/busketi combo makes me go cross-eyed everytime. And lets not mention their timir-cake, or I will be forced to drool all over my keyboard! Come to think of it, tis been a while since my last visit. Hmmmm...

Hint, hint.

I havent been to the Sheperds Bush one yet as I dont find myself in West London often.

Iman...is aight I suppose. Fab interior, but I wasnt too happy wiv my suqaar the last time I went there.

And that's basically it. I'm happy that Somali restaurants are evolving, however slowly, and am sure it wont be long before we get a world-class establishment in London, Insha'Allah.

*Goes off to raid the fridge*

Jumatatu   

Tell me about the Harlesden restaurant...I havent heard of it b4. When was it opened? Is it xaliimo-friendly? And most importantly, how varied and delish is the dessert menu?

It has been opened for the last four months I think...and if there is anything that is Xalimo friendly then it has to be it.....I suggest you pop in there..am sure u will like it if u i liked Ocean in Haringay.

AYOUB   

Ngonge:

I’m yet to see a Somali restaurant that I could class as being the best (best of a bad bunch, maybe!).

Ngonge saxiib why don't you try Golis Restaurant in Wembley. I hear they can give 10% off if you can prove your Burco roots claims ;) .

Qaxootis let me ask you this, how much are you prepared to pay for a really nice meal for two in a classy place?

Gediid   

We don't have Somali restuarants in this part of the country but I have seen a few in Ohio.One was even named Darbo(muxuu darbeeynaa I dont know)but the food was truely a Darbo and a half.If I remember correctly the place had 2 or three tables and the only thing I remember about the place other than the good food were the Xalimos,a few were wearing outfits that said Ice cream and Delicious on their rear end.Unfair so maaha ,when you consider the fact that the resturant dont serve it. ;)smile.gif

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Gediid:

were the Xalimos,a few were wearing outfits that said Ice cream and Delicious on their rear end.Unfair so maaha ,when you consider the fact that the resturant dont serve it.
;)smile.gif

Mshamba...! why look for wat the restaurant is offering when you have it right there infront of you...all you had to ask was..whether it is available in cones or cup...though either will be delicious icon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

Ngonge saxiib why don't you try Golis Restaurant in Wembley. I hear they can give 10% off if you can prove your Burco roots claims .

Claims?

:mad:

Adeer magaalada anaaka eska leh :cool:

lol@Aeryn_Sun

it is already uni-sex from what i have seen :cool:

But i shall pass on the suggestions to the management when next enjoyin a meal and the farax talk ;)

Viking   

Ocean restaurant in north London does indeed have good food. I hope they don't bring in satelite TV like the people of IMAN did. You have Al-Jazeera blasting in the evenings and it's now more a joint for akhbar and shah; like every other Somali joint.

Intel   

Originally posted by Gediid:

were the Xalimos,a few were wearing outfits that said Ice cream and Delicious on their rear end.Unfair so maaha ,when you consider the fact that the resturant dont serve it

aah top-shelf marketing that

a bit of xalimo tease works 4 me smile.gif

Gediid   

^^^Cant beat that so maaha Rocco.

Jumamatu looked for ice cream on the menu but no luck slow me thought maybe they served it only to known customers....... :confused: :( :confused: