Sign in to follow this  
Strawberry_Xu

SOL Deed Poll

Cara.   

Xiin, I thought I detected a bad pun there (a riff on caaro). Waan ku xajiimooda.

Stoic, why not Lugeeye for brevity?

STOIC   

Cara, the guy was called Awluugeye.If I change it for the sake of brevity I suspect the meaning will change.Who knows, I am not an expert in Somali writting.

Serenity, don't worry like new song you will pronounce it right after few trials :D .

Intel   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

rokko, why though? Who were you eluding saaxiib?

not trying to elude no one xiin..

ee bahalka waan iska bedelaa whenever i feel it ain't shaxshax no more.

So...

Current Handle:

Valenteenah

Reason:

I wanted something elegant, elongated and Italian.

Previous Handles:

Ahura; Aeronwen; Zephyrine; Phantasma/goria; Velvet Revolution; Aeryn Sun; Bee; Disillusioned & Despondent; Mango Madness (very briefly way back); BARWAAQO (original username).

Urm...I think that's it. Not too bad for 5 years, methinks. icon_razz.gif

^^Midhaa waxaa tahay haweeney maseer badan, magac badal badnidaa walaaleey?!

smile.gif

P.S. Each nick of yours reminds me (though I thought they were of different people) a particular period of time that I used to abhore you deeply!

Ilaa iyo hadda kuma jecli, runtii! I am sure that I will die if I marry you! lol

Gediid   

Originally posted by STOIC:

I thought of changing my name for a minute.I will need the help of those who are expert in Somali writting Spellings.I want to change my name to "AWLUGEEYEE" (The trekker).The name has a meaning in my life.There was this old Somali guy who used to visit my family once a year.He was a true nomad.He travelled wide.I used to be excited and look forward to his trip when he lodged at our home.This guy according to his own claim he has seen atleast forty African states and few Arab nations.These guy was blessed with a sharp mind and celerity.He used to update my family any person that was born within our sub-clan in the whole of East Africa.It only used to take him few days to travel from Hargeysa to Daresalam.In memory of my childhood hero I will like to change my name to TREKER.What is the right spelling in Somali ? Is it Awwlugeye or Owlugeye?

Can you imagine living a life of treker for life? I must say the guy lived a meaningful or coherent life in the eyes of ten year old kid
:D

OMG cant believe I missed this.Yes I have also met this man in 1987 in a house in Westlands in Nairobi Kenya.I was so fascinated by all the stories he had about travelling all around Africa/Carabaha/Europe.As a kid It was so amazing to me then to meet someone who just walked.A year later on our Christmas break I met the same guy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and he said he was on his way to Djibouti and from there back to Hargeisa.A few months later my dad met him in Zimbabwe.That was the last I seen or heard of him.AwLugeeye was an amazing person with so many tales.Haddu nool yahay Ilaahey ha daayo haddu dhinteyna Ilaahey ha u naxariisto.

Baluug   

I've been in here for over 3 years and I don't think I've changed my name too much, but here goes, in order.....

waryaa_liibaanow(this is from back when everyone thought I was Somali)

Liibaan

Liban The Man

Mr. Jibis

MC Xamar

and now my name is Cadaan, because that's what I am!!

BOB   

I would've told you if I could only remember all the names that I've had since I first joined SOL and teeda kale shaqo la'aan aan uraadiyana imaheyso unless I knew inaan lacag ku helaayo. :D

PS. My past is where it belongs...The Past.

Peace, Love & Unity.